Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Not again.

Please stop...please stop saying Oscar is going to be or play CM. Please god stop. It hasn't happened since I last tried to explain to you months ago that it's never happening, so why now?

Why do you even bring 4-3-3 up? Why would we start playing 4-3-3? Why would we sell KDB in that case? He would've been pretty useful in a 4-3-3 don't you think?! He's pretty creative himself!

Some people need to stop acting like they can apply their FIFA experience to actual football!

Lol, do you know that Oscar oftenly drops very deep in most games, meaning that we change 4:2:3:1 to 4:3:3 on regular basis several times in every game?

Maybe you got confused with CM who plays in double pivot and CM/CAM/AM who plays in 4:3:3. Lamps was AM back in the days when we played 4:3:3. Oscar's movement on pitch is very much similar to what AM in 4:3:3 does. He goes nearly to half of pitch to collect the ball and dictate tempo of team, Oscar does that and he also tracks back very often. He aint typical #10 in 4:2:3:1.

I didnt say Oscar should be CM in double pivot; he never was and never played there at Chelsea either. But he can be the most offensive AM in 4:3:3.

---------Cech---------

Azpi-Terry-Cahill-Cole

--------Matic---------

----Rambo---Oscar-----

-Hazard-Torres-Willian

Now please stop with like you are the only one who knows football BS! Everyone can have opinion.

Do you think this could possibly mean that we can finally try oscar in the midfield 3 in a 4-3-3?

For Example:

---Mikel---

Matic-Oscar

I guess its possible but I've not yet seen Jose use Oscar in 4-3-3. Logic says he can probably play there though

We are going to be comfortably ahead of Spurs. Ramires and Matic are two best midfielders from the two clubs. Paulinho hasn't settled in as well as everyone thought he would, Sandro's always injured, and Dembele hasn't been great since Tottenham beat United in 2012 (I think)

I think we could play 433 in some matches and through some phases during some matches, but I see the midfield triangle being the opposite as you guys posted.

I see it being something like

Ramires - Matic

Oscar or Lampard

Willian or Oscar - Hazard

striker

Its fact, we have always looked for instant succes and its impossible to develop talents with such approach. Just fact that we only had Terry from academy all these years (and maybe we can include Lamps too since he was bought at young age and relatively unexperienced).

Im sure our academy is good and so are youth coaches and scouts. We spot and create so many good talents, its quite ridiculous. But the transition from youth team to senior, from making a talent into good player; we are realy bad there. Perhaps the philosophy (buy buy buy), constant change of coaches and desire for instant success (Mr. Abramovich) are problem of that, not academy itself.

What you and I are saying is correct, take a look how many players we developed and compare to Barca, United, Arsenal, Bayern, Bvb, even Real. They are miles ahead in developing youth players. No point of criticising such fact, its true no matter how painful it is to hear. However since summer 2012, we are heading into proper way, but it will take time to truly develop youth system.

The problem is not the youth coaches or our development, everything stems from not having stability in the management position. We've been chopping and changing way too much to fully utilize the academy. New managers aren't going to give youth a chance to get in when they are under pressure to win right away. Now that we have some stability there I believe we will see more of our academy players start to come through.

Well, Alex, you do this kinds of things when you're in a really bad rush to sign the guy, just like Arsenal did with Ozil, but that's not the case with Matic, I guess.

As for the medical tests (blood tests especially) they are only done in the morning because your body has to be "clean" after a proper sleep - no food before a medical test, no coffee, no cigarettes etc. So tomorrow it is.

Right. Should have known that! :lol::doh:

Last week, we talked about a buyback.

Since Matic was part of Luiz deal, then I just wonder why wasn´t there a buyback clause put on his sale ?

Sold for 3m & bought for 21m now.

It's already been states. Benefica refused to allow a buy back clause.

If we'd ever see a 4-3-3 it would prolly be something like:

Mikel

Ramires - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Not exactly the most creative of midfield trio. Would probably place Matic in Mikel's position and have Lampard in there. We need a midfielder passer and Lampard is the only one in our current squad that fits the bill (and Luiz too).

Not exactly the most creative of midfield trio. Would probably place Matic in Mikel's position and have Lampard in there. We need a midfielder passer and Lampard is the only one in our current squad that fits the bill (and Luiz too).

Well said. It would allow Frank to score more goals to add to his record breaking total.