Nemanja Matic

.Cee

isn't Rob Beasley the one saying last summer "Stay tuned for some big news on Chelsea. Big signing coming up, i'll post it to my twitter account at 11 o'clock" and in the end it was someone pending a new contract? If so, I'm sure it is about Ash, JT and Lamps

He also made this huge fuss on Twitter in the summer about an exclusive interview with Jose and some "big Chelsea transfer news" which eventually turned out to be Jose saying that Josh will probably go out on loan. The man is a grade A c*nt!

So what you are saying is we are good at spotting potential stars and buying them . but absolutely shit at developing them . When I have criticised our academy and the reserve coaches I have been slaughtered on here

have been laughed at .

Its fact, we have always looked for instant succes and its impossible to develop talents with such approach. Just fact that we only had Terry from academy all these years (and maybe we can include Lamps too since he was bought at young age and relatively unexperienced).

Im sure our academy is good and so are youth coaches and scouts. We spot and create so many good talents, its quite ridiculous. But the transition from youth team to senior, from making a talent into good player; we are realy bad there. Perhaps the philosophy (buy buy buy), constant change of coaches and desire for instant success (Mr. Abramovich) are problem of that, not academy itself.

What you and I are saying is correct, take a look how many players we developed and compare to Barca, United, Arsenal, Bayern, Bvb, even Real. They are miles ahead in developing youth players. No point of criticising such fact, its true no matter how painful it is to hear. However since summer 2012, we are heading into proper way, but it will take time to truly develop youth system.

Nice this is very exciting.

Hopefully he is able to play at least part in the game against United.

Wouldn't expect him to start because that is a bit too soon, but see a cameo of him after 70 minutes or so would not be that bad.

think the medical will be done tomorrow with the contract signing, interviews and the annoucnement afterwards.

This. It's not like we are in a super hurry to get him signed, will probably be announced tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Rob@1RobBeasley Three CFC deals in the offing - Mou wants a top midfielder and two star defenders to sign!

He is close with Mou. Wow.

Yeah, this is the reason why in summer he was talking a huge amount of shiit that neve happened.

Seems very safe to say Welcome back Nemanja!! :yay:

A few years ago when I was watching a bean pole of a young central midfielder come on for Florent Malouda, I wouldn't have imagined we would be bringing him back with such a fee (even though he had a few nice touches :D) but I am delighted with this signing. Makes complete sense and should be our regular midfielder for years to come.

Up the blues!!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

It's nearly 11pm in UK soon. The medical could have been done anytime between then.

The medical could have been done in Lisbon or Zurich any time over the last 72 hours, in fairness.

Well, Alex, you do this kinds of things when you're in a really bad rush to sign the guy, just like Arsenal did with Ozil, but that's not the case with Matic, I guess.

As for the medical tests (blood tests especially) they are only done in the morning because your body has to be "clean" after a proper sleep - no food before a medical test, no coffee, no cigarettes etc. So tomorrow it is.

Welcome back Nemanja!

I'd go with Matic Rami - Willian Oscar Hazard for the next years. Time for some consistency in our midfield for two or three seasons in a row, with the likes of van Ginkel, Chalobah, Baker, Loftus-Cheek, Bertrand Traore, Piazon, Atsu coming as subs and starting to pick up minutes.