Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Bit soon to write him off considering he's got 5 goals and put in some great performances despite being overplayed. Managed correctly he still has a role to play.

listen, some act like he is 25 and exploding his talents like he did when he in fact was 25. But he isnt and you can see it. Lamps isn't a worldclass midfielder anymore. The same ppl claim Mata should be placed on the bench because sentiments shouldn't count, say lamps should play a vital role. I've stated 3 seasons ago that we should have a Lamps replacement (if this was ever possible on a side note).

he isn't what he used to be anymore and we should accept this. The sooner we get a replacment the better, there is no more time to get a youngster whom can smoothly take over from him.

nontheless this is OT and I don't want to discuss this issue.

I'm glad Matic is back, beacuse I thought selling him was a big failure in the beginning, and infact I thought he was a very good prospect back then. He has excelled at benfica what he probably wouldn't have done over here, so for his development it was OK. And its not a thing yuo have to be ashamed of, when you reaquire a player. Fabregas and pique where much more expensive missjudged decisions. But they've been made by a club where your farts seem to smell like a fresh vanilla applepie, we are more like that fish which was forgotten in the fridge for a week...

I just stopped at the title, tbh :lol:

Yaya Toure is a one-of-a-kind player. There is no point, imo, to compare anyone to him or expect anyone to do the job that he does.

yes they do, thats my impression of how they act...

Who?

No-one here is under the impression that Lamps can play 60 games a season anymore, nor that he should be an undisputed starter in the line-up but managed correctly he can be a valuable member of the squad.

Yeah the standards for defending has gone down in the Bundes Liga in recent years. I wouldn't want to see how these players cope in the Serie A, for example!

That said, I think Holtby can do well in the EPL if he has the right attitude because he certainly has the physical attributes for it.

Not sure the serie A is good example, half the team are awful defending.

Not sure the serie A is good example, half the team are awful defending.

In the Serie A most teams don't press and give you plenty of room in the middle but when it comes to defending in the final third, it's the toughest league in the world, imo.

Lol, do you know that Oscar oftenly drops very deep in most games, meaning that we change 4:2:3:1 to 4:3:3 on regular basis several times in every game?

Maybe you got confused with CM who plays in double pivot and CM/CAM/AM who plays in 4:3:3. Lamps was AM back in the days when we played 4:3:3. Oscar's movement on pitch is very much similar to what AM in 4:3:3 does. He goes nearly to half of pitch to collect the ball and dictate tempo of team, Oscar does that and he also tracks back very often. He aint typical #10 in 4:2:3:1.

I didnt say Oscar should be CM in double pivot; he never was and never played there at Chelsea either. But he can be the most offensive AM in 4:3:3.

---------Cech---------

Azpi-Terry-Cahill-Cole

--------Matic---------

----Rambo---Oscar-----

-Hazard-Torres-Willian

Now please stop with like you are the only one who knows football BS! Everyone can have opinion.

BS?

Ahem.....

Mourinho:

Oscar is my No 10 and, if somebody tells me that Oscar is not Chelsea’s best player since the beginning of the season, I would have to disagree,’

'I want Oscar as my No 10 and I want the other two players from the sides to adapt to that and learn how to do things they were not ready to do before.’

Any definite word on what players they are taking?

They keep saying kakuta but I also heard is for two players.

Conflicting reports arising as to whether any player will indeed set out to Benfica with the money. Infact many reliable media outlets like BBC sport aren't mentioning anything about the possibility of two loanees being sent out with a fee. Standard are reporting that Romeu was second player wanted:

Nemanja Matic set for medical as Chelsea snub Benfica's request for Kakuta and Romeu

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/nemanja-matic-set-for-medical-as-chelsea-snub-benficas-request-for-kakuta-and-romeu-9060850.html

Spurs? Really? :lol:

Their pivot players have been average at best this season. Capoue has all the technical ability in the world and a brain the size of a peanut. Paulinho can run all day but can't pick up a pass for his life; he's just a worse version of Ramires. And I'm a big fan of Holtby, but he hasn't nearly lived up to his potential so far. Sandro is good but I'd take Matic over him.

well, if you want to be technical, their whole team has been average this year....

Lloris after Lukaku ran him over, vertoghen getting beat constantly, to their two attacking mids in Lamela/ericksen, soldado, etc.....