Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Whilst this signing at least shows that the clubs is finally aware of our weakness in the DP, i think Matic might not be the right player.

Whilst a really good DLP/DM, he is massively overrated. he did not cut it here the first time and while am sure he will do now because of the lack of genuine rivals, he is not the level we should be aiming for. On a positive note his strengths exactly balance with Ramires's. He offers height, strength, has vision and can pick a pass. Is also a decent tackler and is very disciplined in his positioning. Though I think he is not exactly athletic, always looks slow and i doubt he can catch up with the pace of the epl. His skillset is not exactly accomplished.

I still think he is a decent addition, but what we need to be up there with Bayern and Barca is a worldclass mid which he is not and will never be. He is a good option to have for the future, cos he has the right age, will reach his peak soon, and with him, Mikel, Ramires we got at least 3 players with energy&experience whose best is yet to come. Add van Ginkel and the other prospects to that list and our midfield is set for years. Unfortunately, we just don't have the quality yet.

well, this could also be taken months ago and there is no proof this is at the airport.

@Magical Lamps exactly my opinion. add one world-class and creative DM in the summer, and our midfield will be near to perfection.

But the benfica fans say he's better than witsel

Remember, not too long ago we were talking about size player for Chelsea´s midfield.

Now, we have got it. Matic at 1.94cm is towering figure, defensive mid, just ahead of the two centrebacks, to kick some asses there, staying deep in midfield, playing an anchorman, that´s exactly what Jose wants, I feel.

Whilst this signing at least shows that the clubs is finally aware of our weakness in the DP, i think Matic might not be the right player.

Whilst a really good DLP/DM, he is massively overrated. he did not cut it here the first time and while am sure he will do now because of the lack of genuine rivals, he is not the level we should be aiming for. On a positive note his strengths exactly balance with Ramires's. He offers height, strength, has vision and can pick a pass. Is also a decent tackler and is very disciplined in his positioning. Though I think he is not exactly athletic, always looks slow and i doubt he can catch up with the pace of the epl. His skillset is not exactly accomplished.

I still think he is a decent addition, but what we need to be up there with Bayern and Barca is a worldclass mid which he is not and will never be. He is a good option to have for the future, cos he has the right age, will reach his peak soon, and with him, Mikel, Ramires we got at least 3 players with energy&experience whose best is yet to come. Add van Ginkel and the other prospects to that list and our midfield is set for years. Unfortunately, we just don't have the quality yet.

How come, there is always Magic when you post here ?

That looks like a photo somewhere at the Estadio da Luz. Isn't that a red giant board with 'SL Benfica' and their badge behind them.

Looks more like shops in the background

They look like air hostesses as well and looks like it might say "14D" also, possibly a gate number?

That looks like a photo somewhere at the Estadio da Luz. Isn't that a red giant board with 'SL Benfica' and their badge behind them.

If you look to the right of the pillar behind Matic, there is the airport logo as someone mentioned above.

81a965c46b5fc7daeb98457bcac911e3.png

And what other options there are? Witsel that would cost twice as much or Gundogan who has been injured dozens of times and he is 23? Or Guarin on whom I won't even waste my words? Matić is currently the best option for our midfield and he is even up there with the quality of Javi Martinez. Tiny playmaker at the back is a total no go for us, we need someone to defend.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Remember, not too long ago we were talking about size player for Chelsea´s midfield.

Now, we have got it. Matic at 1.94cm is towering figure, defensive mid, just ahead of the two centrebacks, to kick some asses there, staying deep in midfield, playing an anchorman, that´s exactly what Jose wants, I feel.

People wanted us to buy gundogan or a cabaye to play with ramires. In my opinion it was just too small in size for a pivot which mourinho agrees.

Now with matic, he has both the size of mikel and the workrate of ramires combined.

This makes it easy to buy a ball passing CM like modric beside him. And we won't lose the physical battle in the midfield.

Ramires - gundogan = aerial and physically weak pivot

Matic - gundogan = complete pivot

Matic - ramires = Brazilian NT pivot, max energy

People wanted us to buy gundogan or a cabaye to play with ramires. In my opinion it was just too small in size for a pivot which mourinho agrees.

Now with matic, he has both the size of mikel and the workrate of ramires combined.

This makes it easy to buy a ball passing CM like modric beside him. And we won't lose the physical battle in the midfield.

Ramires - gundogan = aerial and physically weak pivot

Witsel - gundogan = complete pivot

Witsel - ramires = Brazilian NT pivot, max energy

Well said.

In my humble opinion. Just park this friendly giant there & we can boogie.