Nemanja Matic

.Cee

A Bola reports that Benfica are close to sell their striker Rodrigo to Zenit for around 30m euros, and maybe this will mean Matic could stay until the summer.

We need to act fast if we want him, it seems.

30 million for Rodrigo? What did they smoke in St. Petersburg?

A Bola reports that Benfica are close to sell their striker Rodrigo to Zenit for around 30m euros, and maybe this will mean Matic could stay until the summer.

We need to act fast if we want him, it seems.

Benfica and Porto must love Zenit anf their lunatic board. That would be well over 100m they've given them in the past few seasons.

How about this: We buy Witsel from Zenit and they buy Matic, problem solved! :D

Matic aint better player than Yaya, but point is how certain player links with rest of team. Yaya is great individual, but Matic could offer much more to the team eventualy.

Like Ozil vs Oscar. Ozil is clearly the better player (with vision and creativity that Oscar might never have), but Oscar is the man who helps his team win. Link up, attack, defend, he has it all. That wins you games, collective game and not individual players (unless you are Messi).

Defensive skills are far cheaper to acquire in the market. Yaya is the best CM in the world for me because he can do it all - the fact he's so good in attack just makes him even more valuable.

Regardless, Yaya isn't available. It really boils down to the following two considerations:

1. Is Matic better than Mikel? How so?

2. Furthermore, is Matic good enough to provide an edge against the other top sides?

Defensive skills are far cheaper to acquire in the market. Yaya is the best CM in the world for me because he can do it all - the fact he's so good in attack just makes him even more valuable.

Regardless, Yaya isn't available. It really boils down to the following two considerations:

1. Is Matic better than Mikel? How so?

2. Furthermore, is Matic good enough to provide an edge against the other top sides?

IMO:

1 - He is better than Mikel. Better long passer, higher IQ, bigger guy, can hold up the ball very well and a bit quicker.

2 - To me, if he works out well here, he can. His game goes very well with Ramires and has some Benfica fans have said he made them quickly forget Javi Garcia and Witsel (another guy who people would love to have here, including me).

Chelsea have been given a boost in the hunt for Matic after the player told Benfica he wants a move to Stamford Bridge (Metro) #CFC #MCFC

Article: http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/11/chelsea-boost-as-nemanja-matic-tells-benfica-he-wants-to-re-join-the-blues-4258662/

Chelsea have been given a boost in the hunt for Matic after the player told Benfica he wants a move to Stamford Bridge (Metro) #CFC #MCFC

Article: http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/11/chelsea-boost-as-nemanja-matic-tells-benfica-he-wants-to-re-join-the-blues-4258662/

yeah, surely metro knows it. really realiable article, without giving any source/information about it. just plain bs talk.

in all honesty i would rather that we go for a WC CB rather than matic if mou persists with DL as a DM.

Persists? Didnt he play him there TWICE?

Schurrle also played as CF once or twice, does that mean that he "persists" in playing him there. So we dont need to buy a striker?

in all honesty i would rather that we go for a WC CB rather than matic if mou persists with DL as a DM.

And there in lies the problem. Luiz isn't a midfielder and is terrible playing that position. a couple of long range goals and 1 successful forward/hollywood passes out of 10 attempted per game doesn't change a thing. And I won't even get into his positioning and discipline in that role. recruiting a top class CM or two is a MUST.

Persists? Didnt he play him there TWICE?

Schurrle also played as CF once or twice, does that mean that he "persists" in playing him there. So we dont need to buy a striker?

persists!!!! Yes cos he has started doin it right now and I would like it to continue. I don't see him using schurrle as a Cf any longer. Also schurrle as a Cf wae barely successful whereas DL as a DM is. There in lies your dofference.

And there in lies the problem. Luiz isn't a midfielder and is terrible playing that position. a couple of long range goals and 1 successful forward/hollywood passes out of 10 attempted per game doesn't change a thing. And I won't even get into his positioning and discipline in that role. recruiting a top class CM or two is a MUST.

mourinho and benitez beg to differ on DL's worth as a DM.

mourinho and benitez beg to differ on DL's worth as a DM.

DL is only playing midfield...because Lamps is injured and Essien just not good enough anymore...

If Matic is available for 20 - 25 million, we should be doing everything possible to sign him.

Seems like De Bruyne's sale is going to fund this one. I'd have him here in a heartbeat.

Essien is finished, this seems like Lamps last season here, Mikel is somewhat one dimensional and Ramires is purely a B2B midfielder.

Out of all the CM's out there who would you guys most liken him to? I've been hearing Yaya, Javi Martinez, Busquets comparisons but he's taller than every single one of them and seems alot more fleet-footed than those three. His balance and dribbling ability for someone of his stature is amazing, like a midfield version of Ibra.

@https://twitter.com/_GoncaloLopes/status/422277859450032128

@https://twitter.com/_GoncaloLopes/status/422278068636766208

@https://twitter.com/_GoncaloLopes/status/422278482799108096

I despise twitter ITK's and transfer rumours in general because of the fact 90% of it is completely conjured up out of thin air but this man is usually pretty reliable. Seems Mou wants him.

EDIT: How do you embed tweets?