Nemanja Matic

.Cee

According to Record we are close to get him

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica/interior_premium.aspx?content_id=862451

if we pay anything over 20 m would be clearly overpaying on this player. dont even know why this board is so eager to get him. he is a little bit better than Mikel in terms of offensive-play, but nowhere near what we need. We need a DLP, not another B2B type of player or a destroyer (depends on how you categorize Matic)

We don't need a playmaker (we've got three of those behind the striker), we need a really good all-rounder who can move the ball forward quicker than our current players, so that said three behind the striker have more time and space to do their thing.

We don't need a playmaker (we've got three of those behind the striker), we need a really good all-rounder who can move the ball forward quicker than our current players, so that said three behind the striker have more time and space to do their thing.

we need someone who build up fom behind. its evident. dont you see how our pivot isnt able to build-up decently if they are getting pressured? its our biggest problem since ages. Matic is a better version of Mikel and I dont think a better version of Mikel will make our problems in the pivot dissapear. especially if the 35 m quoted are true. that would be madness. even the 21 m pounds are a lot for Matic.

we need someone who build up fom behind. its evident. dont you see how our pivot isnt able to build-up decently if they are getting pressured? its our biggest problem since ages. Matic is a better version of Mikel and I dont think a better version of Mikel will make our problems in the pivot dissapear. especially if the 35 m quoted are true. that would be madness. even the 21 m pounds are a lot for Matic.

What Matic can do is break up play and deliver simple, fast balls to the three attacking players accurately. He can also hit a pass himself, take a shot and even run at players sometimes. That will add a lot to our midfield.

What Matic can do is break up play and deliver simple, fast balls to the three attacking players accurately. He can also hit a pass himself, take a shot and even run at players sometimes. That will add a lot to our midfield.

he can even play defence splitting balls over the top.

"Matic is now making excellent quick decisions on what to do and moving the ball in short order. He's not a dynamic distributor in the style of Andrea Pirlo, but he's certainly not going to be someone that we complain "only passes it sideways"."

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/1/12/5299326/chelsea-fc-transfer-target-profile-nemanja-matic-benfica?utm_source=sbnation&utm_medium=mustreads&utm_campaign=blogs

3.04 -4.00

Also, he's the perfect age for our midfield....not too old and not too young

£20m for potential yet again while the likes of world class like Gundogan are £30m max :clown:

In what way is he potential? We're not paying for what he can do next year, but next week. He is an immediate upgrade to what we already have in midfield.

In what way is he potential? We're not paying for what he can do next year, but next week. He is an immediate upgrade to what we already have in midfield.

Oh I know but he just seems no where near the world class bracket yet and in these type of money are paid for those players, if a decent mid like Matic is £20m then what for the likes of Yaya,Gundogan,Khedira,Alonso...etc? A lot that is for sure. So I am not saying he is a bad signing, just saying the amount we are paying is sort of overpriced.

Btw just found out he is 26 so basically at the peak now, you are right no more potential. Still maybe he isn't that much talked about because he plays in Portugal, but then so did Moutinho, Falcao, Hulk...etc at 1 point.

Oh I know but he just seems no where near the world class bracket yet and in these type of money are paid for those players, if a decent mid like Matic is £20m then what for the likes of Yaya,Gundogan,Khedira,Alonso...etc? A lot that is for sure. So I am not saying he is a bad signing, just saying the amount we are paying is sort of overpriced.

Btw just found out he is 26 so basically at the peak now, you are right no more potential. Still maybe he isn't that much talked about because he plays in Portugal, but then so did Moutinho, Falcao, Hulk...etc at 1 point.

he still won portugese player of the year. obviously he will be less hyped than attackers like falcao and hulk. defensive mids get less attention

So essentially straight swap between Kevin and Matic, good deal I guess, although I still think Matic worth a bit less but oh well, who cares. If he is signed next week does anyone think he will walk straight into the team against MU? I don't think so but Jose did put Eto'o straight into the team against Everton so soon after his signing.

Chelsea agree deal with Nemanja Matic, he's expected in London on Monday [O Jogo]. #CFC

O Jogo is reliable.

O Jogo is a Porto Source. they arent really reliable in terms of Benfica. its like AS/MARCA vs Sport/El Mundo Deportivo in Spain.

Matic is a good player, no doubt, but paying over 20 m for him is too much for me. Especially when probably Gündogan is available in the summer. if we get Matic now and a new DLP/ creative CM in the summer, no problem for me, but if Matic means we are done with the CM, than its a bad move.