Nemanja Matic

.Cee

O Jogo is a Porto Source. they arent really reliable in terms of Benfica. its like AS/MARCA vs Sport/El Mundo Deportivo in Spain.

Matic is a good player, no doubt, but paying over 20 m for him is too much for me. Especially when probably Gündogan is available in the summer. if we get Matic now and a new DLP/ creative CM in the summer, no problem for me, but if Matic means we are done with the CM, than its a bad move.

We need a player that has a huge presence in midfield. A true CDM that's what we really need, imo we already have someone who has the potential to be a great DLP (KDB). We could have an amazing midfield combo if we use Matic-KDB.

O Jogo is a Porto Source. they arent really reliable in terms of Benfica. its like AS/MARCA vs Sport/El Mundo Deportivo in Spain.

Matic is a good player, no doubt, but paying over 20 m for him is too much for me. Especially when probably Gündogan is available in the summer. if we get Matic now and a new DLP/ creative CM in the summer, no problem for me, but if Matic means we are done with the CM, than its a bad move.

gundogan likely has long term back problems.

Then you wake up and see Yaya and Fernandinho banging them in for City

7 goals conceded away from home against Swansea, Fulham, West Brom and Southampton.

To me this guy presses and distributes the ball better than Mikel and is more composed and has better positioning than Luiz.

Gundogan might be better, but he is so injury prone. I'd rather take Matić who will be able to play every match. And is Gundogan still world class? He played only like half of a match in half of a season.

Poslato sa LT30p

Are you a secret City fan? :wank2:

Are you saying Yaya and Fernandinho are not as good as Ramires and Matic? Yaya probably best CM in the world atm lol...

*cough* We have beaten City this season *cough*

I know but on individual level they are better ;)

7 goals conceded away from home against Swansea, Fulham, West Brom and Southampton.

To me this guy presses and distributes the ball better than Mikel and is more composed and has better positioning than Luiz.

To be fair that is down to their style of play imo, remember at the beginning we were leaking in goals as well until Jose changed the approach. Of course Matic is better than Mikel and you could say so about Luiz comparison, but Luiz have been staying back and improved his positioning recently thanks to Jose though

Then you wake up and see Yaya and Fernandinho banging them in for City

Go cheer for City then. What I hate about people like you, is that it is always about the world class players with 5 star potential on FM 2014. I am a BVB fan and watch them, and I can tell you that Gundogan is a perfect midfielder, but he has injury problems at first and second he, himself doesn't know what lies infront of him. Plus, why do we have to sign him? Is it a priority? Or no, wait, mediocre Matic costs 20-25 mil., we should throw - in 50 mil. for Pogba. So stupid by the board. Stop being a fan of those big money transfers. I like them too. I would love to see Gundogan here, but I believe it is unneeded for a player that hasn't played for 3-4 months to join us in January in hopes to keep our midfield hefty. There is a summer, then you make big money signings, so they can have a good pre - season and get along with the team.

Go cheer for City then. What I hate about people like you, is that it is always about the world class players with 5 star potential on FM 2014. I am a BVB fan and watch them, and I can tell you that Gundogan is a perfect midfielder, but he has injury problems at first and second he, himself doesn't know what lies infront of him. Plus, why do we have to sign him? Is it a priority? Or no, wait, mediocre Matic costs 20-25 mil., we should throw - in 50 mil. for Pogba. So stupid by the board. Stop being a fan of those big money transfers. I like them too. I would love to see Gundogan here, but I believe it is unneeded for a player that hasn't played for 3-4 months to join us in January in hopes to keep our midfield hefty. There is a summer, then you make big money signings, so they can have a good pre - season and get along with the team.

Why are people comparing Gundogan with Matic? Matic is a true CDM while Gundogan is a CM. By the way Matic is far from a mediocre player, sure he hasn't faced the likes of Real Madrid etc but he easily is the best CDM in the Portuguese league. Why is 20m too much for him? He has it all :

- He is a strong and tall player

- His energy is quite exquisite

- His passing is good

- His tackling is very good

- His positioning is great

- He has quick feet for a guy of his size

- He can actually shoot unlike Ramires

- He is another player that can be a threat when we have FK's or corners while we already have so many

- He also is an ex-Chelsea player

Seriously what more do you want?

Are you saying Yaya and Fernandinho are not as good as Ramires and Matic? Yaya probably best CM in the world atm lol...

Im not saying that at all. But why would I, as a Chelsea fan, go on to a Chelsea forum and praise a City player?

Im not saying that at all. But why would I, as a Chelsea fan, go on to a Chelsea forum and praise a City player?

Because most fans are still open minded and not just wearing blue tinted glasses? someone is saying our mid could be the best in the league, I point out that isn't the case because some other team clearly got better options, that is just stating facts, not praising them.

Banging then in? Well that sums your knowledge up as their main job is not scoring goals.

And look how many goals city leak? Thank you

They have defended well, but they are better in a sense that they even contributed a lot of goals. Like I said, the goals conceded are mostly down to their style of play, we were the same remember until Jose changed approach after that Sunderland game