Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Very much a Yaya-esque player, he'd be an absolute dream and would fix all our midfield issues. Don't care if we made a mistake in the past, please bring him to the Bridge

Doesn't have Yaya's stamina and isn't anywhere near as well rounded as him either. He's not Yaya esque at all IMO.

his stamina is still very good and is a better defender than toure

Completely disagree. Yaya Toure can play CB comfortably if needed, don't think i can say the same about Matic. Just because Toure doesn't play as a proper DM anymore does not mean Matic is suddenly better than him defensively.

Yaya is probably the most complete CM on the planet, Matic isn't in the same class at all.

Completely disagree. Yaya Toure can play CB comfortably if needed, don't think i can say the same about Matic. Just because Toure doesn't play as a proper DM anymore does not mean Matic is suddenly better than him defensively.

Yaya is probably the most complete CM on the planet, Matic isn't in the same class at all.

No one can deny Tourse is great but I think you need to take his cock out of your mouth :)

"

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has leapt to the defence of Yaya Toure after criticism that the Ivory Coast powerhouse is a ‘defensive liability’.

Ex-City midfielder Dietmar Hamann claimed on Match of the Day that Toure, 30, was a major reason behind the club’s indifferent defensive record as he failed to track runners."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2533935/Manchester-City-boss-Manuel-Pellegrini-defends-liability-Yaya-Toure-criticism-Didi-Hamann.html#ixzz2pkXCKU9a

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Was a joke? Havent been here long but people here really need to lighten up.

There is having a joke and using a smiley, and then there is what you said. Like you said, your new, reign it in would be my advice we are all here for good debate and CFC.

There is having a joke and using a smiley, and then there is what you said. Like you said, your new, reign it in would be my advice we are all here for good debate and CFC.

I did use a smiley though, give me some credit.

Isnt Matic the one who usually runs the most of the players on the pitch? Sounds to me like his stamina is one of his strengths if anything.

People are always so quick to compare players, often forgetting that so much is determined by the environment. The style of play of both the players own team and the opponents is very important, as are the team-mates and of course the players own role within the team.

Im not gonna pretend as if I were following every forum a few years ago (or today), but to use the example of Javi Martinez his value and opinion has inflated greatly after his first season in Bayern. Few people doubted that he was good before, but even fewer would call him one of the best DMs in the world. People are always experts on things in retrospect.

What do we know now? That we need a DM with the skills of Matic and that he is to some degree available, that is all I personally need to know to feel good about this transfer.
Are there better players for that position? Of course, but if they can't be attained now or in the summer (barring some really excessive spending) there is little need for obsessing about it.

"

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has leapt to the defence of Yaya Toure after criticism that the Ivory Coast powerhouse is a ‘defensive liability’.

Ex-City midfielder Dietmar Hamann claimed on Match of the Day that Toure, 30, was a major reason behind the club’s indifferent defensive record as he failed to track runners."

I think its absolutely true - Toure is a defensive liability for a long time for City. Im saying it forever - Yaya isnt a "complete CM" at all, he plays almost like an AM, he always leave Fernandinho alone dealing with the counter attacks, and thats why CIty are that bad defenfing those counter attacks. He's very lazy and heavy, and moves very slow when defending. There's this popular opinion that Yaya is a beast also in defense like in attack, an engine almost like Essien was, thats one of the biggest lies in football nowdays.

"

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has leapt to the defence of Yaya Toure after criticism that the Ivory Coast powerhouse is a defensive liability.

Ex-City midfielder Dietmar Hamann claimed on Match of the Day that Toure, 30, was a major reason behind the clubs indifferent defensive record as he failed to track runners."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2533935/Manchester-City-boss-Manuel-Pellegrini-defends-liability-Yaya-Toure-criticism-Didi-Hamann.html#ixzz2pkXCKU9a

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Because Didi Hamann said Toure is a defensive liability he is?

He clearly doesn't understand Toure's role in the team. Fernandinho is the one that sits most of the time while Toure is given the freedom to get forward. Obviously he's going to leave spaces behind him.

I think its absolutly true - Toure is a defensive liability for a long time for City. Im saying it forever - Yaya isnt a "complete CM" at all, he plays almost like a AM, he always leave Fernandinho alone dealing with the counter attacks, and thats why CIty are that bad defenfing those counter attacks. He's very lazy and heavy, moves very slow when defending. There's this popular opinion that Yaya is a beast also in defense, an engine almost like Essien was, thats one of the biggest lies in football nowdays.

It isn't something that's just been made up. Just go watch him play for Barcelona, where he had to be the most disciplined midfielder in the team; he did do well there.

He isn't playing as a DM at City anymore either, it's how City play, Fernandinho sits and Toure gets forward.

I think its absolutly true - Toure is a defensive liability for a long time for City. Im saying it forever - Yaya isnt a "complete CM" at all, he plays almost like a AM, he always leave Fernandinho alone dealing with the counter attacks, and thats why CIty are that bad defenfing those counter attacks. He's very lazy and heavy, moves very slow when defending. There's this popular opinion that Yaya is a beast also in defense, an engine almost like Essien was, thats one of the biggest lies in football nowdays.

Well he defends well when he's up for it, it's just that Toure is a lazy player against lesser opposition.

Matic is quality though. Believe me if we can manage to sign him for 25 million, that would be a big, big steal.

Doesn't have Yaya's stamina and isn't anywhere near as well rounded as him either. He's not Yaya esque at all IMO.

Yaya and stamina in the same sentence lol. ask any man city fan and they will tell you poor stamina and laziness off the ball are yaya's main weakness. he saves his energy for those long bursting forward runs. maybe you might have a solid case for the barcelona yaya but not the man city version. he probably still has the amazing stamina he displayed at barca but rarely shows it in full stretches anymore.