Chelsea v Man United

Jase

With Arsenal at 51 points, City at 50 (assuming they will win their games, and they will) and with a game at the Etihad coming? Can't see Jose settle for a draw here, we would be fools thinking of anything else than a win here

I suppose, but then again Jose might expect them to drop points so he might think a point or 2 dropped at home to MU isn't too bad.

Nah since we're playing at home, our approach will be different this time.

Jose will aim for 3 points..

The problem is though if we don't get the goals for a large period of the match, can you see Jose instruct the team to go all out in the closing stages? I really can't.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No better time to play Utd. They are in pathetic form and nothing without RvP and Rooney. Even if the latter makes it into the starting lineup, which I assume Moyes will force him too, I think we can cope with one dangerous player who is not even at full fitness.

On paper, we are head and shoulders above them. But this is the kind of game where utd's luck can be a factor. All we can do is not underestimate a wounded beast and run at them.

Our midfield has been immense in all of the recent fixtures against them. Esp Mikel-Ramires have owned Carrick, Cleverly etc every time. This will be vital, cos Moyes is surely shitting his pants in fear of Hazard, Oscar, Willian, who are all in great form so he will be try to double them on the flanks. So if we get control of the midfield, we can slice through their open central defence. Once our AMs get past the midfield, running at their D will cos them various problems.

The only real question is the striker, cos all of them ahve been kinda average. Torres has been scoring in recent weeks, but he always fucks it up against ManU, so I'd rather have Eto'o, cos Utd will be tight and Eto'o is best in tight spaces, even though his chance conversion has been poor. Jose will surely choose Torres though

The problem is though if we don't get the goals for a large period of the match, can you see Jose instruct the team to go all out in the closing stages? I really can't.

Then you dont know Mourinho very well! this is the business end of the season! Jose has already shown he is willing to take risks to win certain games! he even said he would risk losing a game to go for the win! If you think for a second that Mourinho would play for a draw at home you are very much mistaken! Maybe if we were 10 points clear at the top, but that isnt the case! Jose knows 3 points is a must on Sunday and he will make sure the team go out to get those 3 points.

Then you dont know Mourinho very well! this is the business end of the season! Jose has already shown he is willing to take risks to win certain games! he even said he would risk losing a game to go for the win! If you think for a second that Mourinho would play for a draw at home you are very much mistaken! Maybe if we were 10 points clear at the top, but that isnt the case! Jose knows 3 points is a must on Sunday and he will make sure the team go out to get those 3 points.

That maybe true but think when he said that, he was referring to games against the lesser sides. Not sure how much of a risk he would take against the bigger sides, even at home. He didn't exactly take any risk to beat Man City back in October, did he?

That maybe true but think when he said that, he was referring to games against the lesser sides. Not sure how much of a risk he would take against the bigger sides, even at home. He didn't exactly take any risk to beat Man City back in October, did he?

Exactly, the only time his Madrid side have gone all out against big sides are when they are down like against Dortmund, MU and knew they HAD TO SCORE. Here it doesn't even matter much if we draw, only 2 points loss so he would take the safe route. Therefore best would be to go 1-0 down after 5 mins and storm them hard, then after taking the lead play ultra defensive football. Remember even City and Liverpool couldn't withstand our total pressing at 1 point, doubt MU with their shitty midfield can either.

Ferdinand's pace used to actually be pretty special, but we're talking about five years ago at least. In his West Ham, Leeds and early United days he had fabulous technique and great physical tools but never had the understanding of an Adams or even a Terry. He wasn't Micah Richards but he definitely used to dig himself out of holes with his pace...actually probably not that far removed from where Luiz is now.

Yeah, Ferdinand's reading of the game was always average at best. He was never a smart footballer....or person judging by the rubbish he writes on Twitter..

A bunch of Chelsea supporters from my city (and from a couple near here) will go to a pub to watch it. I'm SO excited. I've never watched a Chelsea match in a pub (did it a few times with Flamengo and Real Madrid and the environment was simply great). Will post pics and hopefully celebrate the win with some fellow Brazilian supporters :D

I'm still of the mind that RvP's injury is being blown out of proportion and they're planning his return for this match. They're gonna make him out as a savior returning to rescue United when everyone thought he was going to be out longer.

He and Rooney will both be back for this I think.

I'm still of the mind that RvP's injury is being blown out of proportion and they're planning his return for this match. They're gonna make him out as a savior returning to rescue United when everyone thought he was going to be out longer.

He and Rooney will both be back for this I think.

Mate, have you taken a pessimism pill lately?! :lol:

You sound sooo depressed (and depressing!) in the last few days!

Mate, have you taken a pessimism pill lately?! :lol:

You sound sooo depressed (and depressing!) in the last few days!

I just hate this fucking scummy club and want desperately to smash them while they're down.

We can't be the catalyst that sparks their ascent up the table. If we lose it would not only bring them to within 6 points of us but they'd be massively confident going forward.

If we can win and the other top 4 sides also win I don't see any way United make top 4. We MUST win this one!

I seriously will be depressed if they come to the Bridge and steal one.

I just hate this fucking scummy club and want desperately to smash them while they're down.

We can't be the catalyst that sparks their ascent up the table. If we lose it would not only bring them to within 6 points of us but they'd be massively confident going forward.

If we can win and the other top 4 sides also win I don't see any way United make top 4. We MUST win this one!

Part of me shares that feeling but when I think about it logically, one game will not change the fact that they have an average team that cannot get top 4 and they no longer have SAF to get them points when they don't deserve any.

Part of me shares that feeling but when I think about it logically, one game will not change the fact that they have an average team that cannot get top 4 and they no longer have SAF to get them points when they don't deserve any.

You're right, but imagine they beat us and while morale is at a season high, the United owners give Moyes a fat wad of cash to bring in a few. Then they can have the Özil effect and lift them back into contention.

Makes me sick just thinking about it.

My dream scenario would be Hazard, who so many idiot United supporters were calling overrated, to score a couple and rip their defense to shreds. Maybe a John Terry header to seal a 3-0 victory and blow a few kisses to the United away fans.

Only club I hate ALMOST as much as Arsenal.

Never mind a defeat, even a draw would be a disappointment. United are certainly there for the taking.

You got it totally mixed up imo. ferdinand never had pace nor relied on it, his reading of the game and positioning were his main strength in his prime and was the terry in man utd system while vidic was their carvalho.

You couldn't be more wrong, Ferdinand' main attributes was his pace and how technically good he was with the ball, anyone who argues that clearly didn't watch him in his prime.

He stuck an extra forward on so it was clear he was going for the win vs City. Also in his last spell vs Arsenal at home we went all out for the win then Flamini suker punched us, then when we levelled we continued to throw the kitchen sink at them and should have won.

If its level late on Jose will go for the win, maybe not 3 defenders but we will risk losing to win, for sure.

He stuck an extra forward on so it was clear he was going for the win vs City. Also in his last spell vs Arsenal at home we went all out for the win then Flamini suker punched us, then when we levelled we continued to throw the kitchen sink at them and should have won.

If its level late on Jose will go for the win, maybe not 3 defenders but we will risk losing to win, for sure.

He threw Eto'o on against City but replaced Hazard and still stuck with the 4-2-3-1 rather than say 4-4-2. If anything, it was just almost a like-for-like replacement attacking wise and hardly anything changed.

As for against Arsenal back then, it was arguably the momentum that carried us through rather than any (significant) risk being taken (the changes only happened when it was still 0-0 with Robben and SWP brought on to stretch the play).