Chelsea v Man United

Jase

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No better time to play Utd. They are in pathetic form and nothing without RvP and Rooney. Even if the latter makes it into the starting lineup, which I assume Moyes will force him too, I think we can cope with one dangerous player who is not even at full fitness.

On paper, we are head and shoulders above them. But this is the kind of game where utd's luck can be a factor. All we can do is not underestimate a wounded beast and run at them.

Our midfield has been immense in all of the recent fixtures against them. Esp Mikel-Ramires have owned Carrick, Cleverly etc every time. This will be vital, cos Moyes is surely shitting his pants in fear of Hazard, Oscar, Willian, who are all in great form so he will be try to double them on the flanks. So if we get control of the midfield, we can slice through their open central defence. Once our AMs get past the midfield, running at their D will cos them various problems.

The only real question is the striker, cos all of them ahve been kinda average. Torres has been scoring in recent weeks, but he always fucks it up against ManU, so I'd rather have Eto'o, cos Utd will be tight and Eto'o is best in tight spaces, even though his chance conversion has been poor. Jose will surely choose Torres though

This.

He threw Eto'o on against City but replaced Hazard and still stuck with the 4-2-3-1 rather than say 4-4-2. If anything, it was just almost a like-for-like replacement attacking wise and hardly anything changed.

As for against Arsenal back then, it was arguably the momentum that carried us through rather than any (significant) risk being taken (the changes only happened when it was still 0-0 with Robben and SWP brought on to stretch the play).

Maybe not risks in terms off 3 at the back but i can see us going for it late on if level and risk a united player doing a Flamini.