• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck it, We should go for this and play

Cech

Azpilicueta - Cahill - Tery - Cole

Luiz - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Torres

Matic, Luiz and Oscar pressing their poor midfield and they'll crumble. Expect us to have lots of the ball and Azplicueta and Cole to be having a big influence. Tailor made game for Hazard aswell. Can see us winning, and winning well.
You want pressing in midfield so opt for Luiz ahead of Ramires?

Every time there's a big home game the atmosphere is great and it gives the players a big lift. United will probably sit deep and try to catch Chelsea out on the break like last season but I think at home, we should win it especially with their 2 good strikers out injured. Same XI as the last game for me.

Matic, Luiz and Oscar pressing their poor midfield and they'll crumble.

Ramires has play so much PL football this season, can't see him not been in the team. A game like this is made for him. He will press for 90 mins.

United always play better against the bigger sides, I wouldn't be surprised if they nick a point. This is football after all. Form goes out of the window in these big clashes.

Their record against top nine teams this season:

Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea

Liverpool 1-0 Man Utd

Man City 4-1 Man Utd

Man Utd 1-1 Southampton

Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal

Tottenham 2-2 Man Utd

Man Utd 0-1 Everton

Man Utd 0-1 Newcastle

Man Utd 1-2 Tottenham

So no, they don't. Not under the rubbish David Moyes.

We will absolutely cane these cunts. I feel it in me timbers boys.

CONTRAST: We have been flying since the defeats at Stoke and Sunderland. Drew at Arsenal, beat Swansea, Liverpool, Southampton, Derby and Hull. A really tough run of games but, since Jose adopted his more familiar style of play, the results have been terrific. As for Man Utd, they have been rubbish whenever they have played one of the good teams in the league this season, most of their points have come against bottom half teams and even then they have been lucky in many of their games (anyone see their game at Hull? FIX!).

Without Rooney and van Persie they are even more vulnerable. I genuinely think we can do what City did to them and win by three or four.

I hope Matic starts. Him, Ramires and Oscar would be my midfield preference; it has a bit of everything. Whereas their midfield has... Tom Cleverley! I guess they might go with a Fletcher-Carrick combo, but that's well past its sell by date and you would expect Hazard to shit all over them.

I'm so excited for this. I really hope we smash the arrogant arseholes. They act as if Jose would have 100% chosen them over us given the chance.

Cech; Azpiliceuta, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Matic, Oscar; Willian, Torres, Hazard

Torres always does well against these too. I hope my confidence is justified.

COME ON YOU BLUES

You want pressing in midfield so opt for Luiz ahead of Ramires?

Ramires has play so much PL football this season, can't see him not been in the team. A game like this is made for him. He will press for 90 mins.

I think Jose will start Matic, and I've been impressed with Luiz in midfield in his last two games there. Against Liverpool he hardly gave their midfield a moments peace, and along side a creative presence like Matic, who he can pass the ball short too, and allow Matic to spray the ball around. Ramires to come on around the 60th minute mark along with Mata/Schurrle to really inject that pace into our game when the United players are tired.

Big big calls for Jose to make.

Matic or not, we should win this with Ramires-Mikel, too. I doubt he has learned all the tactics already so I guess he will be an attentive watcher on the bench, which is completely fine. Our big plus is our attack, so we should run at them. Hazard is our in-form player and he is currently one of the top ten attackers in the world and surely the most dangerous in the league. He can make goals out of nowhere, but Utd can not indulge on only covering him with three players as there will be Willian, Oscar and our striker moving around their D, too. I am sure with Jose, it is safety first, but we won all our big matches at home so far IIRC and his plan was usually spot on without the need of extra-insurance via 3man midfield.

I am pretty sure MOu will go out

----------Cech----------

Iva--Cahill---Terry-Azpi

------Rami--Mikel--------

Willian--Oscar--Hazard

---------Torres-----------

with Schürrle, Luiz and maybe Matic coming from the bench.

which is a much stronger team than anything Moyes can throw at us. I have trust in every player except the striker.

They probably will lineup

------------De Gea-------

Rafael-Smalling--Vidic-Evra

-----Carrick---Fletcher-----

Valencia--Kagawa--Januzai

------------Welbeck----------

ish

which will offer them a certain level of protection, but honestly lacks the class to trouble us if we do our job. Still there are some factors we have to consider.

They tend to be helped by inexplicable ref decisions or crazy mistakes by the opponent. Further they surely will be out to prove a point as they got nothing to lose. Some players like Januzai and Welbeck have gained form in the absence of their star men. Somehow there still has to be a remainder of that Fergie mentality.

I've been impressed with Luiz in midfield in his last two games there.

I agree about Luiz. You only need to see the player influence map to see what he can do in CDM. In all honesty I haven't seen much of Matic but from what I have read on here he seems to fit the bill. Would I would have him in my starting lineup half a week after joinging? certainly not over ramires. I have never really thought of rammy as an impact player, why would you when he can do it at the same intensity for 90 mins.