The next 3 City games are gonna be vital for the top 3. If City win all three, it's home free for them,essentially knocking us put of the title race. That could screw with our players' mentality for the rest of our season and don't know what the fuck is gonna happen after that.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a feeling we will win it, don't know why.

Same here, for me our record against the top teams can't be for nothing.

I remember when we won it with Carlo, heading into that last day...i just knew that our record against the top four (unbeaten vs them that year) was gonna get us the title. And I know it's a different team, different manger, and different situation (where we're abysmal vs the lower teams) but i still think our unbeaten record vs the top four teams will mean something at the end. Who knows.

The problem we're having is whats costed Liverpool..Arsenal etc in the past.Do well against the top sides and shit against some of the others.Going into the last game level on points with both City and Liverpool be shit and pointless with their goal diff...need to get the wins we need and hope they loose every game from now lol...if only....

Just looked at the fixture list. We still have to play Liverpool who also have to play Man City, and we also benefit from having teams who for the most part are probably going to get relegated (Cardiff on the last day) or teams who are safe andhave nothing to play for. So despite the fact its not in our handsI still think City and Liverpool have the capacity to drop more points. If that were to be thecase it would mean that the team stops acting like the season is already over and we push for a final set of good form.

City's remaining games: Liverpool(A),Sunderland(H),WB(H),Crystal Palace(A),Everton(A),Villa(H),West Ham(H)

Liverpool's:West Ham(A),City(H),Norwich(A),Chelsea(H),Crystal Palace(A),Newcastle(H)

Our remaining games:Swans(A),Sunderland(H),Liverpool(A),Norwich(H),Cardiff(A)

Looking at it I would say that City's fixtures out of the Top 3 are the hardest, but looking at us playing with the "average" teams makes me want to hang myself.

City's remaining games: Liverpool(A),Sunderland(H),WB(H),Crystal Palace(A),Everton(A),Villa(H),West Ham(H)

Liverpool's:West Ham(A),City(H),Norwich(A),Chelsea(H),Crystal Palace(A),Newcastle(H)

Looking at these, I think it would be hard for City to drop 5 points and that Liverpool haven't got a chance to win the title with the games they have left.

If City lose to Liverpool and draw to Everton, and we beat Liverpool (and win the rest of our games) we'd be champions! Unlikely but not impossible!

I dont think anyone in here is sayin it is impossible, but I highly doubt we will win the rest of our matches while City drops 5 or more points...

The likely hood of both things happening are depressing!

Wanting City (and of course Liverpool) to drop points so that we can win the title is a tricky circumstance. If that happens and we win the league, then great! If we don't, then City dropping points may well aid Liverpool in winning the league! Tricky.