Chelsea v Steaua Bucharest

Jase

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to be very careful here as reading this thread you would think we are facing Barnet and not Steaua, Im not saying there are superb but we cannot take this lightly thus for me we cannot be starting Omeruo or anyone like that, we have to kill this one off first and that means starting the best 11.

Yes some players haven't been great lately but first and foremost we must win the group and beat these for confidence levels.

Currently, Chelsea can not take anybody lightly. I just hope, the team will win on Wednesday.

If they were to drop points here, then Jose might as well pack it in. Thank God for not playing Basel.

We NEED to win this game. Chelsea is a sacking club.

We need to be very careful here as reading this thread you would think we are facing Barnet and not Steaua, Im not saying there are superb but we cannot take this lightly thus for me we cannot be starting Omeruo or anyone like that, we have to kill this one off first and that means starting the best 11.

Yes some players haven't been great lately but first and foremost we must win the group and beat these for confidence levels.

Exactly! Steaua have draw 3 of their 5 matches so far. They won't be pushovers.

...So you're suggesting Mou will get sacked if he doesn't win this?

No of course not, well i hope not but the thing is they keep saying Moyes will be given time, if everyone here is honest we know that wont happen here at Chelsea, if we dont finish top four and at least a few more rounds in the CL, i fear he will be.

I'm sick of seeing Dave playing on the left while Ivanovic has acres of space on the right yet never delivers one accurate cross the entire game. I don't know what Jose has against Bertrand, but I really think that he deserves a shot, especially if it means keeping Ivanovic away from the right back position.

Oscar is missed.

I know we conceded goals in set-pieces and then mistakes in defense, but he gives such a consistency and stability that it completely takes away the opponent's illusions that they can get something from the match. It's a psychological thing that comes with everything being held well together because of this one player. It's like a hammer on the opponent's confidence, every time he tackles, he holds the ball slowing down things (annoying and tiring the opponent), his distribution is many times obvious and predictable, but it's normally of good quality and once in a while in a match he provides the unexpected splitting pass.

He has to play centered though because he's a waste in the wing.

I'd start him, Willian and Hazard now, give Schürrle a rest, so we can have Schurrle, Oscar and Hazard on the weekend against Crystal.

IMO Mata did absolutely nothing to displace Oscar from the team creatively wise - which is the biggest advantage Mata has over Oscar, I'm not saying he was bad, he wasn't, but I still feel our pivot is less overwhelmed when Oscar plays and even the defenders feel the impact of him in the team... He presses high in the wing and in the middle, so maybe he could be near Azpili in that play that got Stoke a goal (although it seems to have been a foul not called by the clueless referee). He covers the pivot AND the FBs depending on the side he's closer to. Ofc he's no superman and he can't be everywhere and he isn't perfect, but if there's one thing I think we need now and stability and calm, and imo he brings both. I think Oscar holds the team together better and with both Hazard and Schürrle in such good moments, I'd give them more freedom (especially Eden) and count on their pace, takes-on and dribbles, using Oscar to organize and distribute the ball, in addition to his undeniable work-rate.

Then once we're feeling confident again (hopefully before Arse and Pool) Mourinho could think of a way to rotate Mata into the team.