Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is SOOOOOO hrs to pick a team - which indicates our wealth these days - praise the board and praise Mou for instilling that winners mentality!

I must admit I have a weak spot for technical velvet like players .... hence the AM field. Mou would never do it but I would try Oscar instead of Lamps here ....

Za Team :-)

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires Lamps

Willian Mata/Oscar Hazard

Torres

Fucking trash 'em as well while we are in the habit of doing in teams ... :getin::getin::getin:

Except that's not true. One note or not, my comment pertains to this thread as we look a far more balanced side with players who fit that role, especially on the defensive side of the game.

Jose disagrees and so do I. Mikel offers stability in the back but nothing(sick goal at Fulham) going forward. We are a counter attacking team now, we need people who move the ball quickly and to get forward in numbers. Frank fits the bill as does Ramires... Mikel comes in to kill off the game and slow the tempo.

Mata and Willian deserve chances but at the expense of whom? I would even dare to say Hazard based on his last performance. But i trust José to make these hard decisions.

I think Mata should start for Oscar, we have a big Champions League game midweek following this one.

I think Mata did enough yesterday to try and build on a positive performance

If we don't get 3 points from this then that is worrying.

Newcastle are really below standards at the moment, no chemistry at all, we should be one of those teams what can really hurt them this season.

If we don't get 3 points from this then that is worrying.

Newcastle are really below standards at the moment, no chemistry at all, we should be one of those teams what can really hurt them this season.

Anything can happen. They have players capable of turning it up at any given time, we just have to be focussed and determined to get a result. After three huge wins its not hard to envision a let off. But having said that Jose is the type of manager that will motivate his side to press on and use the positive atmosphere to build on a decent run of form.

Anything can happen. They have players capable of turning it up at any given time, we just have to be focussed and determined to get a result. After three huge wins its not hard to envision a let off. But having said that Jose is the type of manager that will motivate his side to press on and use the positive atmosphere to build on a decent run of form.

We are title challengers, if we are going to let a team like Newcastle don't put the required effort in play us off the pitch then we don't deserve the title. We really should be beating these and there really shouldn't be any excuses either.

We are title challengers, if we are going to let a team like Newcastle don't put the required effort in play us off the pitch then we don't deserve the title. We really should be beating these and there really shouldn't be any excuses either.

We'll see. I don't think the Prem is as cut and dry as it once was. Even title challengers have slips, its about minimizing how many of them you have in a given term. I said in the post match for City that this is a period where we need to throw down the gauntlet and take 15pts out 18 over the next 6 games so I'm with you but slips do happen.

We'll see. I don't think the Prem is as cut and dry as it once was. Even title challengers have slips, its about minimizing how many of them you have in a given term. I said in the post match for City that this is a period where we need to throw down the gauntlet and take 15pts out 18 over the next 6 games so I'm with you but slips do happen.

It's not, there are now 6 teams what can challenge for the title, potentially.

But that doesn't mean every team is going at it, teams like Newcastle survive on points from the likes of Loic Remy, where they haven't particularly played well but Remy has just smashed two in from outside the box. If Newcastle can do that to us and we can't hit them back harder, then we shouldn't be winning the league.

I fear sides like Swansea, Southampton and Everton, sides that have ambition and aren't in a managerial crisis.

It's not, there are now 6 teams what can challenge for the title, potentially.

But that doesn't mean every team is going at it, teams like Newcastle survive on points from the likes of Loic Remy, where they haven't particularly played well but Remy has just smashed two in from outside the box. If Newcastle can do that to us and we can't hit them back harder, then we shouldn't be winning the league.

I fear sides like Swansea, Southampton and Everton, sides that have ambition and aren't in a managerial crisis.

Newcastle away is never easy, we will have to play well and I trust Jose won't take them lightly. On any given day a Prem team can step up and beat another Prem team, its what makes that league so great... No sure things.

Can anyone on this forum argue with logic anymore?

I have to repeat myself about 5 times and put it in the most basic way I possibly can yet I find myself getting nowhere.

What is even the point really.

I have to repeat myself about 5 times and put it in the most basic way I possibly can yet I find myself getting nowhere.

Lol. Fair point, Kojo. Shame we went our seperate ways though. I love your logic when it isnt on a war mission as it usually is. Shame.

You need to present a logical argument to get a logical response. Saying we're not title contenders if we lose to Newcastle away is Illogical... City lost to Cardiff, Cardiff are close to regulation, is City no longer a title contender?

Logic and results over the last 9 seasons tell us that we win 50% of the time we visit there. Played 10, won 5. Premier League title winning years included and since Roman acquired the club. Logic and football don't always equate. That's why Wigan hold the FA Cup.

So you may follow your logical path and believe we ought to win, but we might not. Be a big boring if what we logically think will happen on a pitch always did, wouldn't it?