• Van Ginkel
    • Willian
    • De Bruyne
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Terry (sub)
    • Ba (sub)

Very happy with Fernando tonight. I really feel he is trying his best to impress Jose. I would start him against the Yids on saturday. Could have had a hatful if others had not been so greedy. In my humble opinion I think he's way better than Eto and Ba.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zolayes,

Would just like to apologize for my comment implying you show a lack of maturity, which is completely not true. It is a pathetic insult and the only one I could think of at the time. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

Nevermind.

Ok, my fault!

Mom jokes are not acceptable here, it is the easiest way to get yourself into a fight...

Sorry, didn't know that since I'm kind of new here.

About the game: Essien and Torres looked very impressive. Torres MOTM for me. I think Mata was ok, but he could have done better at man marking since he completely seemed clueless about it.

poor Lewis Baker, shoul've known Jose doesn't like his youth

Jody Morris (wiki him - I'm sure you've never heard of him) said he watched an U21 game with Jose and said he made some very positive comments about Baker. Baker was selected to train with the seniors and was part of the squad. That's a young English kid developed by the club - not some 5m signing from Brazil being forced on the manager - but somebody the manager has seen and taken an interest in.

Poor Lewis Baker, indeed.

Had Mourinho's hand not got tied up by the 2 unfortunate and unexpected injuries, he could have probably brought on Baker later in the game. OR had Torres, Willian not squandered chances to kill the game off completely, Baker could have come on. At 2-0, the game was not completely safe with Swindon creating some decent chances and that's probably why he didn't want to bring Baker on and besides, Mourinho probably felt more important then given the circumstances to give Ba game time to improve his match fitness and match sharpness so that it will benefit the first team in the long run this season.