• Torres
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Terry (sub)
    • Ba (sub)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swindon had a good period at the start of the second half ,,, Almost in all games a team has this ,,, During this period we defended well . I was particularly impressed by Willian in defence ,, We must check his DNA he can't possibly be Brazillian but I guess that applies to Oscar as well ... I did NOT say OSCAR WELLES ...

I must stay serious but when I see so many still negative its hard to stop taking the piss ,,,If you thought that poor go back to U tube or your play stations

Willian looks slow, sloppy, never beats one single player and always gets his cross blocked. Also his shots are off target usually. Nowhere near Chelsea quality.

Torres might be able to run rings around multiple league one defenders but he still remains an erratic finisher. Eto'o should play vs the spuds.

Mata was pretty poor, too. The defenders just had to force him to use his right foot and the ball was theirs.

The rest looked pretty decent. solid display. Should have been more goals. Special mention to Schwarzer who did not put a foot wrong.

Torres was great tonight, shame though he could have got a hat trick. Willian was too greedy, he should have just passed about three times particularity towards the end of the game when Fernando was right infront of goal.i thought Willian was ok the other day but today he was pretty sloppy.

Mata had a good first half then wasn't so good, I think he was just so desperate to impress. The same with Luiz, he was sweating buckets, was hard.

Good goal by Ramires and not bad performance by rest of the team. After the first half I thought it was going to be 4 or 5 but not bad at all.

Fernando to start against Spurs :)

Right as so many people seem to think I am unbelievably stupid for not being 100% satisfied I'll make my point in more detail.

I'm not unhappy with the performance, I am just concerned that we haven't hit top gear yet. I know Mourinho is trying to change the style of play but regardless of that the squad we had playing tonight, despite it being our 'B' team, is worth a LOT of money. They are worth that much for a reason. Cahill, Luiz, Ramires, Terry, De Bruyne and Torres have all had playing time this year and there are some world class players who maybe are not at 100% out there tonight (Willian, Azpilicueta, Mata). With the exception of Schwarzer, Willian, van Ginkel and De Bruyne they have all experienced playing together so there should perhaps be a bit more fluidity to our play. It was going to be a tricky game away to a side 2 leagues below us because of the expectation on us, their fans being up for it etc. but our players are meant to deal with this sort of situation. Games like this are part of football. We were not amazingly clinical and I know its only the league cup but its not a good habit to get into. Our finishing has been a problem in a few games this season and if we don't improve it we will get caught out against better teams when you need to take the handful of chances you get. Its nice to see I got some mature responses from a lot of members on here (Choulo etc.)

Tbh i'm actually getting a bit fed up watching us create chances and not put them away. I mean sure, we won and we did it professionally but why can't we just bang some fucking goals in? I want to see us score goals and our players relax and be clinical and thrash these fucking teams.

Torres was very good yet shoulda scored 3 and Willian shoulda passed to him to give him another too. Mata and Willian were both below average and need to really think long and hard if they wanna get into the first team. They made Jose's job very easy for Saturday.

Essien showed some glimpses of the past with some runs through the middle and Luiz was well... Luiz.

And i know it's easy to say Torres was good against League 1 opposition but this guy's won everything. World Cup, Euro's, UEL, UCL... so he should be praised for being up for it in this type of game, away on a Tuesday evening in the League Cup against lower division opposition and really putting the work in both offensively and defensively. He coulda sulked at being 2nd choice but he put it foot down and fought for his spot. Credit to him.

We played alright but ffs i wish we'd put the fucking ball away. We're so frustrating.

I normally respect your views but not this time ,,,

Likewise. I just feel it unnecessary for you to make comments about people needing to 'go back to their play stations' and ridiculing for trying to make a point that not everyone agrees with.