• Torres
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Terry (sub)
    • Ba (sub)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likewise. I just feel it unnecessary for you to make comments about people needing to 'go back to their play stations' and ridiculing for trying to make a point that not everyone agrees with.

When I see such negative posts it does annoy me ,, See Steve Claridges comments on BBC and he is an ex pro with no Chelsea connection

When I see such negative posts it does annoy me ,, See Steve Claridges comments on BBC and he is an ex pro with no Chelsea connection

It is one negative post. I am usually supportive. I have said in my first post on this thread that I don't mind when we grind out results without playing too well, I am just concerned that we seem to be doing it on a fairly regular basis at the moment.

It is one negative post. I am usually supportive. I have said in my first post on this thread that I don't mind when we grind out results without playing too well, I am just concerned that we seem to be doing it on a fairly regular basis at the moment.

My remark was aimed generally it was not specifically against you

I'm slightly worried about the players' fitness to be honest. Not physically, but technically. Too many of them playing sub-par. Of course it could come down to a motivation problem - but then I have a problem with them... they're professionals, fighting for positions should be a natural process to them.

But of course they're only human and maybe can't help how they feel. Either way I'm very disappointed with Mata, Kev and Luiz*. All of them could have done better, should have done better, but they were disappointing.

Mata had a few moments, but I feel not remotely enough to put a doubt on Mourinho's head. Kev was awful. And Luiz had one of those displays that make people so unsure about him. Too eager to go forward (before he was in the pivot), a little flustered in the defense, but his case isn't lost because Cahill was even worse. Usual Cahill mistakes that from time to time he does. So between the two of them I'd pick Terry :P

As for the match itself, I'm happy with it. We won, it wasn't as good as I expected, but Swindon played quite the decent match - especially defensively. I've seen worse defending by Wigan and Villa in City and Spurs goals.

If I were Mourinho I would add another hour to their daily training schedule just to the whole team could work on their finishing. It's hideous. At some point those many wasted chances will start to cause damage (more than it already did against Everton and Basel) and it's something I can only see improving with a lot of practicing...

Willian was also below par, but at least in his case we can understand as he hasn't play any match in 45 days prior to joining us, but still some mistakes he had there (especially in the goal chances) had little to do with fitness and more with sharpness.

A not spectacular but efficient display.

Shout outs to Torres, Bertrand and Mark Schwarzer. All played very well and the former two argued why they should start against Tottenham instead of their underperforming colleagues.

Willian was really poor though. Greedy in the boxand not showing enough creative talent to justify his £30 million price tag.

The rest were very, very average.

Could've won 6 or 7-0 if our finishing was sharper.

Willian and Mata both just look like they need a run of games. Willian especially looked very dangerous with his crazy pace.

I'd have Willian and Hazard on each wing with Mata in the middle against Spuds. I'd be confident in a win with that trio.

Serious?

Willian was awful! as was Mata ...so the logical thing is to have them both starting Against spurs and drop Oscar who has been brilliant?

couldn't make it up!

I'm slightly worried about the players' fitness to be honest. Not physically, but technically. Too many of them playing sub-par. Of course it could come down to a motivation problem - but then I have a problem with them... they're professionals, fighting for positions should be a natural process to them.

But of course they're only human and maybe can't help how they feel. Either way I'm very disappointed with Mata, Kev and Luiz*. All of them could have done better, should have done better, but they were disappointing.

Mata had a few moments, but feel not remotely enough to put a doubt on Mourinho's head. Kev was awful. And Luiz had one of those displays that make people so unsure about him. Too eager to go forward (before he was in the pivot), a little flustered in the defense, but his case isn't lost because Cahill was even worse. Usual Cahill mistakes that from time to time he does. So between the two of them I'd pick Terry :P

As for the match itself, I'm happy with it. We won, it wasn't as good as I expected, but Swindon played quite the decent match - especially defensively. I've seen worse defending by Wigan and Villa in City and Spurs goals.

If I were Mourinho I would add another hour to their daily training schedule just to the whole team could work on their finishing. It's hideous. At some point those many wasted chances will start to cause damage (more than it already did against Everton and Basel) and it's something I can only see improving with a lot of practicing...

Willian was also below par, but at least in his case we can understand as he hasn't play any match in 45 days prior to joining us, but still some mistakes he had there (especially in the goal chances) had little to do with fitness and more with sharpness.

you picked out the only 2 who disappointed me .. Mata and KDB ... I thought the rest did their reputations and chances no harm at all. As to our finishing record ..it has been

dire for about 5 years at least ,,, Even Drogs conversion rate was poor .

Pleased with the win. There's no need to put any more effort than is required in at such an early stage for fear of injury (which we didn't avoid).

But I would like us to start being a lot more clinical in front of goal. We should be taking the chances to bury the game as soon as possible. We didn't do it at Everton and it's one thing to throw away such chances against League 1 opposition, but totally different if we continue to do it on Saturday...

Serious?

Willian was awful! as was Mata ...so the logical thing is to have them both starting Against spurs and drop Oscar who has been brilliant?

couldn't make it up!

Willian was not awful. You're blind if you think so. He wasn't great but showed flashes of what he can do.

Mata I was disappointed with. He'll be amped up and be top class in a huge match like Spuds. It would fill him with a ton of confidence if he's given the nod. Oscar can be brought on in the 2nd half if need be.

@zolayes,

Would just like to apologize for my comment implying you show a lack of maturity, which is completely not true. It is a pathetic insult and the only one I could think of at the time. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

you didn't ..emotions always run high after a game,,, you could have tried calling me a miserable know all old git :D