• Van Ginkel
    • Willian
    • De Bruyne
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Terry (sub)
    • Ba (sub)

call me pessimistic but that was another below-par performance. I can live with the odd off-game but we have had quite a few now this season.

PESSIMIST ..That was our RESERVE side and they pleased me .. IMO that side would finish above half way in the PL

I'm no longer paranoid about Cech getting an injury we have An Aussie who can catch the ball .

Ryan showed we can rest Ash ,,,Willian worked his balls off ... Mata showed why Oscar is our number 10... Torres played well .. IF you can't see some ot those go to

Spec Savers

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we can complain about tonight, we negotiated a potential upset with relative ease.

Just because their in League One doesn't mean we have a define right to go their and win 6-0, remember what (nearly) happened at Brentford last season? remember what actually did happen to Arsenal at Bradford?

They don't often get the big boys coming to their ground, so the fans and the players are going to find extra energies of effort and commitment to cause an upset, if your not on the ball then you will get embarrassed.

I also like how the team took the sting out of the game when Swindon had their purple patch in the second half, that was a really professional thing to do. We also had players making their first appearances (or one of the first) off the season, we now have the luxury of a good back up keeper aswel, boy how long have i been waiting for that.

Routine win, good night's work, in the next round, quite frankly, can't complain.

Went for Schwarzer for MOTM for no reason :P

call me pessimistic but that was another below-par performance. I can live with the odd off-game but we have had quite a few now this season.

Mate, it's the league cup, it's Swindon, it's our B team. We weren't exactly going all out for it.

Torres MOTM, but only because everyone else were bad. I hope he starts against Tottenham but im still not hyped at all about him. I would only call his performance today good, nothing more. Missed alot of chances and his overal striker instict just seems gone.

Mate, it's the league cup, it's Swindon, it's our B team. We weren't exactly going all out for it.

yes it's Swindon but our B team comes to almost £200m. That Swindon side is probably worth £5m at most

Schwarzer was a good call ..he was 100% safe

yes it's Swindon but our B team comes to almost £200m. That Swindon side is probably worth £5m at most

That's not really the point, is it? We had a job to do and we did it with minimum effort. If we were 100% concentrating we would have won 5/6-0 at the very least.

Perhaps shouldn't be surprised with that average performance really. About 9-10 players are all second choices at the moment. Most are lacking in match fitness and sharpness and hardly ever played together. It was just more of a functional performance with the players doing enough to get the job done.

Can't believe people are saying we played poorly there. Why, because we didn't win 10-0?

We played with an entire XI that hasn't had any chance to get match sharpness and still handily won away from home. Yes, we should've scored a few more but we came within inches time and time again.

Liked what I saw of Willian and Essien and I hope both start this weekend.

I don't think we can complain about tonight, we negotiated a potential upset with relative ease.

Just because their in League One doesn't mean we have a define right to go their and win 6-0, remember what (nearly) happened at Brentford last season? remember what actually did happen to Arsenal at Bradford?

They don't often get the big boys coming to their ground, so the fans and the players are going to find extra energies of effort and commitment to cause an upset, if your not on the ball then you will get embarrassed.

I also like how the team took the sting out of the game when Swindon had their purple patch in the second half, that was a really professional thing to do. We also had players making their first appearances (or one of the first) off the season, we now have the luxury of a good back up keeper aswel, boy how long have i been waiting for that.

Routine win, good night's work, in the next round, quite frankly, can't complain.

My only disappointment is we're not taking clear chances to score. The players we have you would think that would happen...