No.10 Role

Jase

I do think that Mata's a much better option in that case at least at this stage of Oscar's career. Oscar however has bigger potential IMO.

No offence, but fuck potential. Mata is not an old man, he's 'only' 25 and can still be on top of his game for another 4-5 seasons.

So will Oscar be better than Mata in that time frame when the latter is entering his prime? i think not.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan, from previous posts i thought you had a good understanding of what Mourinho was all about, in what world was is he ever going to make a more possession based team?

You all also have to realize that Mourinho tends to lie, never take anything he says to face value, or what most people say for that matter. There has to be critical thinking involved. Judging from his attitude history, his history as a manager, his history as a tactician, many could see Juan Mata's departure as a very possible possibility before the season even started.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/09/17/new-managers-mourinho-at-chelsea/

The Conclusion is that the man is not going to build much of anything in chelsea.

Mourinho likes his teams set up a certain way, his midfield atm @ chelsea has no comparison to what he had in his cl winning inter and pl winning chelsea.

Juan Mata is as good as gone imo.

Look at those teams lol. He had Drogba, Milito, Eto'o all during their best times as players.

Lampard, Essien, Makalele, Carvalho, Terry lol

Pandev, Sneijder, Cambiasso, Motta,

That Zonal Marking is so spot on when it says that his mourinho job is more about implementing his old ideas. He is not going to adjust towards his players and change his way of playing, he is going to try to get his players to always play what he has in mind.

Thats what he did in Madrid and he failed, time to see how it goes at chelsea, but he isnt winning a cl with that defense or midfield imo.

new_chelsea_drogba_lampard_terry_cole.jp

inter-3-1-barcelona-mourinho-guardiola-t

Ryan, from previous posts i thought you had a good understanding of what Mourinho was all about, in what world was is he ever going to make a more possession based team?

You all also have to realize that Mourinho tends to lie, never take anything he says to face value, or what most people say for that matter. There has to be critical thinking involved. Judging from his attitude history, his history as a manager, his history as a tactician, many could see Juan Mata's departure as a very possible possibility before the season even started.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/09/17/new-managers-mourinho-at-chelsea/

The Conclusion is that the man is not going to build much of anything in chelsea.

Mourinho likes his teams set up a certain way, his midfield atm @ chelsea has no comparison to what he had in his cl winning inter and pl winning chelsea.

Juan Mata is as good as gone imo.

new_chelsea_drogba_lampard_terry_cole.jp

inter-3-1-barcelona-mourinho-guardiola-t

Yes but he keeps mentioning we aren't winning games due to 'the change in style' and other stuff, if he's so intent on blaming our losses on this changing in style you'd think players like Mata would be playing every game from the start as he can create something from nothing, he is the creative force in our team, I get what he wants from his #10 defensively but he has the ask himself does Oscar create enough chances offensively? He simply doesn't. He links better with the pivot, always makes himself available to the ball which means the team has more options in possession but he still lacks that bit of magic.

He doesnt want to bother with players he doesnt like. He wants his team to start going towards HIS direction.

Same thing happened in Madrid.

Sergio Canales and Nuri Sahin are two prime examples.

Everything else he might say is more likely than not, horse crap.

He said the same thing when Barca scored 5 against Madrid. His excuse was that Madrid was still a young team. It takes a lot of fail to set up a team for failure like he did in that match.

Mourinho excuses.

I think the question is so much deeper than who's the best #10. As if that was any question to start with.

The real question is who's the best working #10 for us as a team, as a unit, results wise, competitiveness wise. That's the question I don't have an answer to because obviously Mata is the best #10. But is a pure #10 what works better for us now?

Both at the same time.

Lets get it staright, Oscar love José, José loves Oscar, Oscar is good at this position, Mata wont have a chance if Oscar's level is still that good.Mata for me, should be the N°10 if we play more of a 4411.If we continue with this way, than Oscar will stay as the starter, and Juan will play on both wings, ultimately, I think Mourinho will replace Lampard with Oscar and Juan will be the N10 again, question of time only.Injuries will come, and I sure Juan will play a big role this season.

Against the very good teams and in the big/important games I want Oscar in the team playing in his best position. What that means for Mata I don't know.

I saw Oscar playing wide last season and it's not something I want to see ever again. It's an absolute waste of his talent, Mourinho is right; I don't want to watch Oscar tracking fullbacks.

Mourinho basically pinning blame of the Basel defeat on Mata's substitution is dirty as fuck in my eyes too, saying he had duties to do, if he had duties to do (I'm guessing defensive duties) why stick him on when its only 1-0 if you want him to do defensive duties... Jose picks Lampard more or less every week and he does fuck all defensively... we lose a lot of balance with Lampard and Mata in the same team but if you say put Ramires with Mikel with Mata we aren't as bad then in terms of balance. You build around your best players, so you should be prepared to find solutions to combat their weaknesses.

Against the very good teams and in the big/important games I want Oscar in the team playing in his best position. What that means for Mata I don't know.

I saw Oscar playing wide last season and it's not something I want to see ever again. It's an absolute waste of his talent, Mourinho is right; I don't want to watch Oscar tracking fullbacks.

Do you want to watch Mata tracking fullbacks? No of course you don't! Oscars work rate and defensive skills are better suited to playing on the wing than Mata's imo. He does more in that sense. Rafa seen this, played Oscar on the right, sure his offensive contribution sucked but Mata playing in the middle, his offensive contribution made up for it. Remember that 3-1 game under AVB at Old Trafford? Nani and Rafael were basically 2 v 1 on Cole every time as Mata was LW. Its difficult, hopefully Mourinho will rotate both though so they get a fair share of games each in that central position.

If they weren't then he could technically sue them. So I think they are.

Daily fail has lied to me before, and they get off long as they get some low paid backroom editor to "apologize".

If they are true then Mata is more than likely done here. Especially if he views his lack of work caused the defeat.

Daily fail has lied to me before, and they get off long as they get some low paid backroom editor to "apologize".

If they are true then Mata is more than likely done here. Especially if he views his lack of work caused the defeat.

Don't think a news source can even fabricate that many quotes out. 1 or 2 a possibility but certainly not that amount.

Another clear thing is that Mourinho clearly says he won't play Oscar in the pivot when he compares the situation of both Oscar and Ramires closing down opponents on each side while Mata plays behind the striker with freedom to do his magic vs Oscar playing #10 and it fitting the system he has in mind.

Are you sure? i thought he speaks about Oscar and Ramires on the wings. thats what he said:

“One thing is to play with Ramires and Oscar in the side, them closing each flank".

I thought he means he didnt liked to see Ramires and Oscar playing on the wings, what happend last season.

But when he speaks about Oscar as the no 10 that way, it surely means he wont play in the pivot. So... come on KDB? save us?