Chelsea v Basel

Jase

Essien isn't even part of the CL squad :)

I hope we start someone + Marco. I don't care if it's Mikel or Lamps. I'd rather Mikel, but I guess Mou will start Lamps.

this is my preferred lineup

Cech

Azpili - Luiz - Cahill - Cole

Mikel - Marco

Kevin - Mata - Hazard

Eto'o

Oops, my bad.

I doubt anyone is gonna get the lineup predictions right for the match.:-P

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you keep on bringing up the "open goal" he missed - he didn't even miss it so that argument is void IMO. It was a brilliant piece of defending from Barry and Barry deserves the credit for stopping the goal; it really wasn't like Eto'o missed it with no one pressuring him or anything hence why I think you're completely overreacting and completely underrating Eto'o's finishing ability.

Eto'o is one of the most lethal finishers that has ever played, and sometimes you just have an off game in that regard. It happens to every striker which is why I say you can't really say he's useless after one game.

torres was one of the most lethal finishers before he joined us. ba was the top scorer in PL even when he joined us. so etoo is nothing new. i am not going to get burned a 3rd time.

so the open goal was not etoo's mistake. LOL. seriously?? tell me WC one striker (as u so clearly wanted me to compare falcao/cavani) who would have missed that on his debut.

Essien is not even in the CL squad. So definitely no Essien. It will be Lampard-MVG for sure.

Right but point obviously still stands. Think it will be Mikel and Lampard. Ridiculous not to play a DM for game like this.

Right but point obviously still stands. Think it will be Mikel and Lampard. Ridiculous not to play a DM for game like this.

Honestly, I've stopped making line-up predictions when Jose himself doesn't know his best team yet. I'm afraid that we will underestimate this game, but on the bright side I think we will go out and try to compensate for the loss yesterday; Jose will make sure of that. So over all, yeah, I have no idea what to expect from this game.

................Cech....................

...Ivan....Terry....Cahill.........Cole

.........Luiz.....Lampard...

...Schurrle....Mata....Hazard

...............Eto'o............

Lampard has to come back we need goals and he creates as well as scores,the Everton game further proved that . Luiz is worth more starts in midfield, as first choice Rammy is suspended.

The back four really picks itself now . You cant right Schurrle off after one bad game and Mata in for Oscar . Willian not ready yet?

If there is one thing we should have learned from yesterday is that maybe it's a bad idea to throw Willian straight in from the start like we did with Eto'o because coming from the Russian league his fitness will likely be a bit below the rest of the players. So maybe it's better to bring him on in the second half when the tempo is a bit slower and there are more spaces.

Hope to maybe see Marco get some minutes off the bench.

Lampard mustn't start imo, Basel like to press the ball so we need some composure in MF preferably with Mikel and Rami. Eto'o maybe still a bit rusty, don't mind if he starts though now hes had 90 minutes under his belt so hopefully he'll improve. Mata must be given more minutes, they play a highish line so Mata is good for this game as he can find the wingers and striker going beyond them.

Hope to maybe see Marco get some minutes off the bench.

Lampard mustn't start imo, Basel like to press the ball so we need some composure in MF preferably with Mikel and Rami. Eto'o maybe still a bit rusty, don't mind if he starts though now hes had 90 minutes under his belt so hopefully he'll improve. Mata must be given more minutes, they play a highish line so Mata is good for this game as he can find the wingers and striker going beyond them.

No Ramires.

Lampard will start as a result I think