Chelsea v Basel

Jase

How many players were signed, regardless of who actually signed them ? Why was Willian signed ?

Mour admitted that he will have to keep some players unhappy this season. Its not like he's gonna keep on rotating the squad every other game just to keep the players happy.

But its always nice to have squad depth especially at the business end of the season.

Besides Chelsea are a big enough club to have 30m signing on the bench.

p.s. I still believe Willian was a big Fuck You to Spuds

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mour admitted that he will have to keep some players unhappy this season. Its not like he's gonna keep on rotating the squad every other game just to keep the players happy.

But its always nice to have squad depth especially at the business end of the season.

Besides Chelsea are a big enough club to have 30m signing on the bench.

p.s. I still believe Willian was a big Fuck You to Spuds

Well, players are happy if they perform. To have 2-3 players not even dressed for the game, it makes no sense to me.

I realize, Chelsea can afford to have overpriced players around. What is he going to do with Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, KDB, Schurrle ? As I said, this summer transfers are clueless, I feel. If one adds it all up, close to 60m spent. A couple of these players not bought, Chelsea could have had Cavani of Falcao. Then, we could have seen some scoring touch.

Well, players are happy if they perform. To have 2-3 players not even dressed for the game, it makes no sense to me.

I realize, Chelsea can afford to have overpriced players around. What is he going to do with Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, KDB, Schurrle ? As I said, this summer transfers are clueless, I feel. If one adds it all up, close to 60m spent. A couple of these players not bought, Chelsea could have had Cavani of Falcao. Then, we could have seen some scoring touch.

Can't agree more on the striker scenario, and we did pay for that at Goodison last week. But as far as our attacking mid is concerned, its always nice to have options on the bench.

We could play 4 midfielders in one match( 3 starters + 1 sub) and it leaves just 2 disappointed. If Jose can get to play either Oscar or de Bruyne as a lesser advanced player( or even in the pivot), things are gonna get straightened out ( Don't tell me that is gonna leave disappointed players who plays in the centre...we truly lack a serious quality partnership there)

Also if Mata can't get his shit straightened out before January, he's as good as gone. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Positive note: the last two times I've sat in the East Upper we've won 7-0 and 6-1. Expect goals :D

Weren't you in the Basel home game last season? I remember you saying that you saw that Luiz screamer live. It was goal of the season for me.