Chelsea 1-2 Basel

Jase

Man of the Match  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Are you referring to the height of the horse itself, or how high up it is (on a mountain for instance)? Wouldn't that be awarded to the horse rather than the person sitting on him?

Tell you what, have a think about it and PM me so I can delete it and no-one else has to read such horse shit. :yes:

You ladies are priceless, lmaoooooo :-)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a more clueless Chelsea team in all my life.

I was at the game and i was horrified tbh with what i was watching. It was absolutely horrible. Heads will roll. Can probably get 100 million for Hazard and Mata. I love them but if they can't play under the Jose pressure, they should probably be sold for Jose to create his own team. The attacking threat is non existent and to look that shit with those players really takes some doing.

I'll still back them to come good and for things to work in time and i'll still go to the other ucl games or uel games if it gets to that again... (Perish the thought of not getting out of THAT group) but yesterday just was not good at all.

On the other hand, Oscar is a superstar. He was immense, even the effort he put in around the pitch. He's been our best player so far this season.

Why do you say even under Rafa.

Napoli won against Dortmund.

And with him, I knew what we were trying to do. And with him, we were playing in much more methodical way in our build-up.

He changed the way players were training to have them capable to play at a higher tempo.

And I really think we could be champion this year if we had kept Benitez, he would have bought midfielders, the physical preparation would have been better and the players were used to his system.

True, maybe I shouldn't have written even.

Listen, it has indeed been poor so you've got the right to be pissed, but why do you think things won't change?

We managed to play a lot better with lesser quality last season, there is no reason to think a manager like Mourinho won't find a way to get them to play properly.

This is the kind of panicy reaction you'd expect after a few months in to the season of bad football.

there is a reason why i feel things wont change. last season, we dint have any options. the onus was on mata and hazard (mainly) to be our heart and soul. the team was far more settled with each and every player knowing their role. moses put in a decent shift whenever needed etc etc. right now, their seems to be no spine to the team which is very strange as mou has been with us for 3 months(?). u would expect him to know how to play and who to play and all that jazz. i know things are not always ideal, but we have been BAD/PATHETIC.

hull city- 15 minutes of goos football, after that absolutely nothing.

aston villa - on another day, we would have lost the match. no way did we deserve to win it.

man u, bayern- lets not even go there.

everton - good performance, but not the first time we have been done due to our finishing.

basel - uninspired, un-motivated, and horrible performance.

so its not just one thing that has to be tackled with. the defence looks in shambles everytime we try to play the possession game. the midfield is uncreative, the bulid up is slow. the strikers are ....

these same problems were their last season and yet nothing has been done to improve it,

It concerns me that JM felt the need to play Eto'o, who for all intensive purposes isn't up to speed. The same could have been said of Willan. The Russian league isn't a patch on the Premiership and both these boys need time, they were certainly not ready to play against European opposition. The Swindon game should have been their first introduction to English football. Remember Zhirkoz had the same problem. It also looks like desperation from JM playing Eto'o who quite frankly doesn't offer much in his present condition. Remember he was definitely off the pace against Everton. JM needs to return to having Mata, Hazard and Oscar as his main attacking midfielders with either Torres or Ba ahead of them. What people seem to be forgetting is that the attacking midfield players formed a great understanding last season, from continually playing together. Aided by Victor Moses. What was build between these 3 needed to be enhanced. Mata for me is a nailed on starter. Especially as he seem to orchestrate everything that was great about our play last season. JM needs to have a look at what we did last season and use that as his platform. Remember we played more games than any other English side with a relatively small squad and lack of a real goal threat. Yet just look at what we achieved. Some of the players we have need to be introduced slowly but only if they have the level of fitness and sharpness required. Schurrle and De Bruyne, are ready given that they have been playing in the German league and should be the obvious replacements to fill in for either Mata, Hazard or Oscar. Come on JM go back to the foundations built on last season. It's evolution not revolution.

mvg offers more goal threat than josh!!!!! wow, people are on a high here...

You've never seen MVG outside of Chelsea so how can you possibly deduce that it's inconceivable to think that MVG is a bigger goal threat than JM?

Believe it or not but Van Ginkel is a B2B midfielder, not really a DM. I've watched both for a while and I comfortably agree with TOPTB. Last season Van Ginkel got 12 goals - 8 in the Eredivisie, 1 in the cup and 3 in 4 appearances in Europe.

How you're making a final conclusion on said player's goal scoring ability after only partially seeing it in pre season is pretty crazy especially when you haven't seen him before his days at Chelsea.

i have seen josh play for middlesborough, and for chelsea when he was 17. josh even at that age offered far more goal threat than mvg. mvg is more physical and a better cm for a pivot, but it seems so unfair on josh to say that he offers lesser goal threat than a player who must have put in about 10% of his passes in the forward direction, had a touch so bad in the last and only match that he could have been yellowed twice while trying to get the ball back.

does that explain it? to say mvg offers more goal threat than josh is criminal because mvg offers NO THREAT. he dint in any of the pre-season matches, or his 5 min sub performance or yesterday. meanwhile i remember josh controlling the tempo of one of his only games in pre-season and completely bossed in his short performance.

I don't want to rattle on about this but believe me, Josh is not more of a goal threat than MVG. MVG was a goal threat at Vitesse and on the odd times played in the AM position and got a near double figures. In first team, competitive matches I have never seen anything from Josh to suggest that he is a goal threat. He is a passer of the ball, but he rarely takes shots unless it is for reserves. Josh at Boro did not get one goal right? As Skipper said, MVG scored goals at Vitesse and had a bit more freedom and took some shots. At us for now he is given more of a restrictive role but if he is paired along Mikel and has a bit more confidence in himself and the call to roam a bit more I am sure you will see more of his ability to look for goal.

calm down folks! mou will get things going soon, he's been in the same situation in 2009 with Milano if i remember well. The team struggled in the first two or three matches in that Champions League group and in the end they managed to go through thanks to a win against kazan, i think, in the last match of that group. And, guess what? Milano ended up as being Champions League winners. In Mou we trust!

calm down folks! mou will get things going soon, he's been in the same situation in 2009 with Milano if i remember well. The team struggled in the first two or three matches in that Champions League group and in the end they managed to go through thanks to a win against kazan, i think, in the last match of that group. And, guess what? Milano ended up as being Champions League winners. In Mou we trust!

I'm not so sure Inter struggled that season if memory serves me correct. He set out to make his team hard to beat - opposed to barca's score more than you concede mantra.

I think Eto scored against us with about 10 minutes to go effectively kill the tie.

I do agree that some are over-reacting so early. We haven't exactly set the heather alight.

Having said that... In Mourinho we trust

We were fucking awful and there is much work ahead. I hate to revert back to old days, but when we were as lethargic as that, Johnny Bumstead and David Speedie would have noised up the team. Just now, we ain't got that.

Fulham on Saturday..............we don't want to lose that :readthemessage: