Ozil to Arsenal

nate91

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if they have success with his arrival it will bring more incentive for high quality players to want to go to arsenal, maybe this can serve as the beginning of a turn around for arsenal.

Thing is though that Ozil is a defensive liability so if the plan is to build everything around ozil then you have to build it with good foundations. Madrid was a joke because ozil has no defensive skills and madrid lost all midfield battles against sides who were capable of stopping the slow alonso and khedira.

The rest of the players like Ronaldo didnt help much either, arbeloa was good only defensively, the ramos and pepe pairing is luaghable, so all in all what im trying to say is that Ozil is just an important piece of a puzzle but they have to set something good up to make his acquiring relevant.

Better striker, better defensive midfield, for this represent a revolution their has to be changes.

This is ideally the first big step in a big plan for arsenal, other wise its a pipe dream to expect them to magically be miles better, its complicated.

But they have Mesut Ozil ffs, best SSesque AM in the world. Doesnt matter what else they needed, now they have MESUT OZIL, this should be the first step towards more.

Its like building a car, sure you need breaks and steering wheels, but u need a god darn great engine to start with.

This is nothing like willian, more like getting a hazard.

It gives Arsenal a much needed boost even though they are still short in defense, central midfield and upfront.

Ozil is one of the few players who you can say is world class these days. Last season he was very disinterested at times in games for Real Madrid but hes very much in my opinion the best and most unique number 10 in football right now. He has 92 assists for club and country since 2010, more than anyone else.

It wont make them title contenders I'd say but they will have more chance of top 4 if Ozil has a productive season.

Truth is Ozil has many flaws to his game but in the right system you can make those flaws irrelevant, with some help from ozil's part as well of course.

That's wenger's job to help ozil with.

This is an excellent article here of what has happened with ozil against a midfield like bayern's.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/04/17/bayern-munich-2-1-real-madrid-what-type-of-player-to-use-as-the-number-ten/

Maybe if they have success with his arrival it will bring more incentive for high quality players to want to go to arsenal, maybe this can serve as the beginning of a turn around for arsenal.

Thing is though that Ozil is a defensive liability so if the plan is to build everything around ozil then you have to build it with good foundations. Madrid was a joke because ozil has no defensive skills and madrid lost all midfield battles against sides who were capable of stopping the slow alonso and khedira.

The rest of the players like Ronaldo didnt help much either, arbeloa was good only defensively, the ramos and pepe pairing is luaghable, so all in all what im trying to say is that Ozil is just an important piece of a puzzle but they have to set something good up to make his acquiring relevant.

Better striker, better defensive midfield, for this represent a revolution their has to be changes.

This is ideally the first big step in a big plan for arsenal, other wise its a pipe dream to expect them to magically be miles better, its complicated.

But they have Mesut Ozil ffs, best SSesque AM in the world. Doesnt matter what else they needed, now they have MESUT OZIL, this should be the first step towards more.

Its like building a car, sure you need breaks and steering wheels, but u need a god darn great engine to start with.

This is nothing like willian, more like getting a hazard.

I thought Arbeloa was one for going forward?

And you do not rate the Pepe and Ramos centre pairing? I used to like Pepe but I think he's declined a lot over the past two seasons.

I thought Arbeloa was one for going forward?

And you do not rate the Pepe and Ramos centre pairing? I used to like Pepe but I think he's declined a lot over the past two seasons.

No Arbeloa has always been crap in attack, he in his day was known for being an above average, reliable defender, but thats about it.

His last performance a few days ago against bilbao was one of the best ive seen from him in a while, but he is so incompetent as an attacking fullback that when he goes forward he always sends the ball to the middle and is stopped before he can either out pace someone ( because he cant) and beat them, and or cross to the box.

He will forever be that, and last season and specially in copa confederaciones he was shocking more times than not.

Thats why most people welcome the arrival of daniel carvajal, a RM youth product 21 year old rb who madrid loaned to leverkusen and brought back for his good performances. He hasnt had the best of starts in league but had a good pre season. Only other young right back who impressed more arguably last season was di sciglio. I have high hopes on dani carvajal. I'll post a video of him for u to watch in the primera liga thread.

Ramos and Pepe make me want to jump of a building.

Its sad that they have all the physical attributes to be gods, but 0 brains for it.

They are both clumsy and error prone, while pepe is almost a bloody thirsty nut case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV53hxnO11M

This is why the varane ramos partner ship is so much better. Varane keeps balance and cleans up mistakes and has superb, but i mean SUPERB ball playing technique.

But if it were up to me, id ban ramos and pepe from wearing the madrid shirt again. Pains me too much to see them fail.

No doubt Ozil is a great player but his signing doesn't solve Arsenal problems. They are still a suspect at the back, in midfield relating to a combative midfielder and a striker. This signing, if anything, only further strengthens their strongest area in the squad which is attacking wise. He will bolster their attacking depth and quality but nothing else. One signing like this doesn't suddenly make them title contenders. They are basically just 1 Ozil injury away from having the same team again and heck, even just 1 Giroud injury away from basically having no striker upfront.

If I may, a 3rd place contender, how is that possible ?

Liverpool & Spurs had signed more players than anybody else, I believe.

Perhaps, not as good as Ozil, but still better than Arsenal, I feel.

Therefore, I do not see Arsenal in top four, this season.

It might actually change the tide.

Up until now not many top players wanted to go there.

But with Ozil it might be the first of many to come.

Of course that is if Wenger and Arsenal are willing to spend big as they did this transfer window for Ozil.