Bayern Munich v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goals, or lack of, from a player who isn't a team's primary goalscorer shouldn't be used to determine whether he showed up or not. Work rate. tackling, key passes and the like are all to do with turning up though, and were all usually brought to the table vs. Bayern by Schurrle.

Idk if that makes sense, I'm kinda high.

Schürrle was Mainz's primary goal scoring option and most important player so it does matter. Real, Barcelona, Chelsea etc. also expect their star player(s) to put up good stats so it goes for Schürrle/Mainz as well. At Leverkusen he wasn't the main man but still, they could expect their second option on offense to score an important goal or at least assist one when they played one of the 2 best sides in Germany, but Schürrle didn't deliver enough.

Why does Lampard have so much leeway ? He has been terrible and yet starts again. Mata, our best player last season is inexplicably on the bench again. This favoritism is sickening.

call me crazy or a Mourinho stan, but I think that's the way to go...

Obviously our front men don't have the chemistry and aren't fully adapted to the new tactics yet.

Saying that formation parks the bus is a stretch imo.

While I may disagree with a name or two, it's not the end of the world as some posters are making it out to be because he has just started his work! He worked on our defense and for some reason quite quickly. Give him time to do the same with the attacking force.

I can't for the life of me understand why people are complaining so much with only four matches in.

This formation will work in the future with Mata, Eto'o, Lukaku, de Bruyne, and hopefully when Lampard gets tired and can't play every frigging match.

So let's assess and evaluate his options in a few months from now? We were granted an amazing UCL group and we some doable fixtures in EPL in the first three months. Then if it's still not working - because the plan sucks, not because the players aren't used to it yet - then we'll complain and stuff. But gosh, so many panties (or briefs) in knots here so prematurely!

Don't like the lineup because it's too much like our starting XI and I'd want to rest players for games that matter more. Mata needs to play his way into shape, so why not use a game like this to do that? Lampard-Ramires is clearly our#1 central midfield pairing, but we have THREE backups there who have yet to start and Lampard-Ramires can't start every game!