Man of the Match  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubber bullets, on 31 Aug 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:snapback.png

4 on 3 is not half chances. even a decent ball (not a good or a great ball) would have led to a goal then. we on the other hand frustrated bayern and forced them to shoot from range. if we had half chances, they dint even have that. chelsea was the team that was looking more probable to score than bayern.

also plan B- is when plan A fails. i seriously dont think that happened today.

that was the last time u replied to my post and my reply to it. its still in the thread a couple of pages back. go and have a look.

seems u r here just to pass some time,,, heh TROLL...

The biggest one when we outnumbered them was when Torres shooted while Hazard was alone on the left.

I can't understand why he didnt play mata.

I thought we did brilliantly as Jose said before the game, he wanted to see a game involving Pep that didnt end in scandal and sadly he still hasn't. The game was typical BM, cheating, carrying on, it was pathetic, the whole game thy tried to get the chelsea players in trouble and practically our whole team had a car but bizarrely whe they CONSTANTLY badly tackled us he had lost his cards. The ref was a joke. So many poor decisions, every few seconds they had a free kick or corner. They spent more time tryingo Einstein free kicks than just playing. That guy in agony needs a stretcher then up quick back on, lol it was another example, thre is no use for all this new technology when Ref are going to engineer results which they did.

It was so dissapointing 30 ET I really thought we had won. Absolutely Gutted.

However as Jose said the best team lost, playing against such a 'brilliant" team with ten men and winning. I am so gutted I could feel the victory so close but then just a joke.

God even Fernando got a goal, bless him.

The real chance to win he game was when they guy slipped and Oscar should have buried it and the game.

But we did well despite all their **** just gutted for the lads and for Jose, he really wanted to beat Pep :(

Cech. Absolutely gutted for the lads but really poor pen from Lukaku. Felt sorry for him but annoyed at the same time. I hate the stutter penalty it's cocky and it didn't pay off. I actually cried when we lost in pens, so angry that Martinez got that goal! We defended so well.

No it was off of a counter! the same tactic that was employed all game and worked for most of it. Stop looking at the possession stats, we played a very good game tactically and with luck we would've hoisted the cup. The tactics weren't the problem at all.

Most of our counters led to nothing, because there were hardly enough men in the pitch to create chances. At best we were relying on half chances and hoping the defense would make a mistake, not the best way to get the important second goal.

And most of those crosses only had 1 or 2 players in the box with not much chance of a Chelsea player connecting to them.So in a sense they were half chances most of our players where in the other half playing out the closing down the game tactics. After the first goal it was pretty much Bayern on the front foot with only a few breaks of us trying to pull off unsuccessful counter attacks.

You really have a hard time processing this.

unsuccessful counters like the one where we were 4 on 3. huh??? also when you play a counter attacking game you generally have just 1 or 2 players in the box specially when its pretty clear only our top 4 were involved in the attack. after the first goal, it was still us pretty much causing bayern a hell lot of problem.

you really have a hard time understanding english. or just like to act stupid???

I am really proud of our performance today, and I believe we have today shown that we are in the top 5 clubs in the world. We have tremendous potential and it was refreshing to see our young players rise to the occasion. Please do not blame Lukaku, he is young and will grow to become a superstar.

I my opinion the Ref had a good game. I am feeling good despite the defeat.

unsuccessful counters like the one where we were 4 on 3. huh??? also when you play a counter attacking game you generally have just 1 or 2 players in the box specially when its pretty clear only our top 4 were involved in the attack. after the first goal, it was still us pretty much causing bayern a hell lot of problem.

you really have a hard time understanding english. or just like to act stupid???

That happened only once. And most of the time when we countered most did not push up to give support so when the counter attack failed we would all be pegged back in our box. You can have a counter attack and have more then 3-4 players, its all about letting more players be able to push up front which is more difficult when they are pegged in their own penalty box.

Idiot.

I can't understand why he didnt play mata.

I can, he doesn't defend.

Oscar had 8 tackles, 3 clearances and was very good going forward. For Mata to play he has to put in that sort of work particularly against a team that will have the possession as Bayern did.

Mata doesn't have any influence on games we don't see a lot of the ball, in fact some might say he's a liability.

That happened only once. And most of the time when we countered most did not push up to give support so when the counter attack failed we would all be pegged back in our box. You can have a counter attack and have more then 3-4 players, its all about letting more players be able to push up front which is more difficult when they are pegged in their own penalty box.

Idiot.

OH GREAT ONE... we were playing the champions of EUROPE. who fucked barca 7-0 on counters. and you want us to commit more men to the attack when we are already 1-0 up. BRILLIANT.

also i think your initial problem was that we dint COUNTER ATTACK AT ALL and simply parked the bus or as u put it "we dint try to get a goal"... yet now you say we should have let more players join the attack. cant u say your level of stupidity in the statements.

u are not even a good troll. stupid-troll would be perfect for u.

Most of our counters led to nothing, because there were hardly enough men in the pitch to create chances. At best we were relying on half chances and hoping the defense would make a mistake, not the best way to get the important second goal.

Just out of curiosity what should we have done? I really want to know what strategy you'd employ against the European champs.

OH GREAT ONE... we were playing the champions of EUROPE. who fucked barca 7-0 on counters. and you want us to commit more men to the attack when we are already 1-0 up. BRILLIANT.

also i think your initial problem was that we dint COUNTER ATTACK AT ALL and simply parked the bus or as u put it "we dint try to get a goal"... yet now you say we should have let more players join the attack. cant u say your level of stupidity in the statements.

u are not even a good troll. stupid-troll would be perfect for u.

You really are thick aren't you?

Are counter attacks after the first goal were mostly useless because hardly anyone would join them. We become so concerned about trying to finish the game at 1-0 that most of the time we would have only had a couple of players up the pitch,who would then lose possession and then we would be spending another 10 minutes trying to stop Bayern scoring a goal. With no attempt to push them up the pitch to give us a bit of relief. By all means defensively cautions against great teams. But with the quality of players we have in the squad and the amount of money we spent on them, you have to be kidding me to tell them that they must try and close the game at 1-0 despite so many variables that could lead to us conceding and rendering that tactic useless. That is my opinion

Christ on a bike I'm losing what ever remnants of faith in humanity I have..

Just out of curiosity what should we have done? I really want to know what strategy you'd employ against the European champs.

I don't mind if we want to be defensibly cautions against great teams. But if you want to starting closing the game down when we are taking the lead. Make sure you up by 2 goals instead of one. Because doing it when just one up is so risky in my opinion and as shown by this match can easily go wrong.