187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow at some of the posts on here.

I'm quite satisfied with everything! We were decently solid throughout the match. The pivot wasn't very good but that was to be expected. We clearly just came to get a draw and maybe nick a goal if possible which didn't happen. But I thought we defended superbly!

Comparing the organization to the one we've seen in the last 2 years under AVB and RDM especially, this was very good.

I fully get why Jose approached this the way he did. 2 wins and a draw out of the first 3 matches is a very steady start indeed. Gets the Utd match out of the way too. There was no real desperate need to "impose" ourselves to get the win to prove a point to anybody.

If we had been more offensive and lost the match, the pressure would've been instantly on Jose and the players. We would start getting criticized for small things. Any signings we make would be seen as "desperate measures" etc.

Instead now we've calmly gotten this match out of the way without any hoo-ha at all and can carry on with the rest of our transfer business

I'll just say that our 3 players behind the striker are very overrated in terms of how they play. You can loathe the talent all you want, and its true, it is stacked with it, but there is nothing pleasing about the way we've developed over the last season and a bit.

The 3 (whoever it may be who is playing on the day) are very guilty of simply holding and over dribbling the ball. That was the biggest thing I got out of today's game. Anyone else notice how quickly the ball is moving from one person to the other on United's team, especially up the front? They aren't nearly half as talented, and they do it far better than we do.

It's also a massive reason as to why nearly every striker that's played here for us recently has struggled. I can tell Mou is trying to get rid of the habits too, since the defenders and midfielders have caught on, but you still get Oscar, Hazard and particularly Mata being guilty of it. I think its one of the main reasons Mata was sitting today. Hazard and Oscar are far more likely to push the ball, and Hazard actually does a great job of drawing defenders and creating.

As for the result, good. Just not happy with the front 3 or 4.

When I saw André as the striker, I thought it was a very ballsy move from Mou that would either work out surprisingly well or turn out an absolute disaster. He was decent thought, although he didn't exactly excel as a striker, he was SO FAST. Incredible.

Oscar had a 5/10 game, Eden not exactly great, Torres............. :blink: GTFO please.

I feel like enough people have already commented on the complete and utter overreaction. IT IS MAN UNITED. AT OLD TRAFFORD. THE THIRD GAME OF THE FUCKING SEASON. 1 point is certainly not bad, and although the display might not have been as flashy as ever, United certainly didn't impress either. This and the away City game is undoubtedly the two toughest games during the season, and 1 point in each one would not be bad.

The point about Laudrup managing this side is laughable by the way :D Even though he's a Dane, and I've pretty much followed him during his entire managerial career, he is NO WAY NEAR ready to become a top team manager. And he would not thrive under the players currently here, he would be another AVB disaster.

Go on, Mou! :blue scalf:

Funniest thread in a while.. Overreacting against our coach and players, you'd think we got absolutely buttfucked in this game.

not entirety concerned with today's result. Just didn't like the line up.

I've been waiting awhile to get this off my chest and I'm going to do it now, not caring who I offend in the process.

Some of the fans on here are fucking idiots. They bitch and moan at the first chance they get. If Ivanovic had a poor game people would be screaming to play Azpilicueta. If Oscar has a poor game people would be slating the manager for not playing someone else. Its a fucking joke on here. Three games into the season and people are already lining up possible replacements for Mourinho.

I've come to gathered that these people aren't real fans of Chelsea. They are glory hunters, Because real fans stick with the team and the manager and don't throw their fucking toys out of the pram at the first chance they get. When we lost 3-1 to Real Madrid in preseason it was a near fucking crisis on here, and people keep slating Mourinho over not playing Lukaku, who, by the way, didn't start alot of the time for WBA last year, so he's not going to turn into a world class striker over night. Oh, and because he got a hattrick in the last 20 minutes of a nothing game last season doesn't mean he'd 'destroy' United's defence.

People need to wake up and realise that this isn't a fantasy world we live in, and we're not going to win every game week in week out. Going to Old Trafford, keeping a clean sheet and getting a point - Fantastic result, Vintage Mourinho performance. Jose knew that a loss this early on in the season to title rivals would have a huge effect on morale.

A magic deep lying playmaker isn't going to appear either, and, I know people don't realise this, but Wayne Rooney does not, or will ever, define Chelsea football club. If he comes, great, if he doesn't, its not our season fucked and we still have lots to play for.

Its three games into the season with a new manager, it was a clever gameplan, the defence excuted their part of it with precision, the attack were sloppy and lacked that fluidity that will come in time of the season. There is nothing to worry about.

Christ above, imagine if what happened to City yesterday happened to us. Jose would be getting death threats on here.

On the actual match, Rooney was the standout attacking player from both sides. Both teams picked their times to go forward. Neither midfield was dominant. Game looked like it would have to have been decided by a moment of magic or a mistake. Torres was the right call to bring on as bringing on Lukaku was pointless. A target man striker wouldn't influence the game. Torres has got the better of Vidic in the past and actually won a few headers in the air against him. Terry was a warrior. Thought Cole and Hazard could have got more joy down the right but Valencia played deep and stifiled Cole, Valencia was poor going forward for me.

Oscar was probably our best player going forward, Thought he should have done better with that shot at the start when he hit it into De Gea's hands, mind.

Somehow, I got the feeling Jose had visited the bus depot just before the last night´s game.

To order his players to play defensively just not to lose is not my cup of tea. Lukaku his best pre-season striker does not even get to play yet. I´d say fuck Jose & these types of games. I wouldn´t be too surprised to see Lukaku asking Jose to play him, as promised or get me out of here.

The way I saw it last night, one boring game. If this is Jose´s way of winning trophies, then may God be with us.

Chelsea were even lucky not to be punished for Frankie´s handball. Had it been Cuntenberg penalty would have been awarded.

Over all I am disappointed to see Chelsea resorting to this tactical nightmare.

Seriously somebody voted for De Bruyne? He was absolutely awful tonight. Every pass he mad found a Man Utd player. He will continue to be inconsistent, but he's definitely a fantastic talent. Certainly doesn't deserve the pedestal he's been put on by some of our fans already. Tonight's game will have been a real wake up call for some people.

There were votes for Oscar, Lampard, Mikel and fucking Torres as well. So ... what now ?

Glad we got the point. A point away at Old Trafford is always a decent result but as for the game itself... I'm disappointed in how Mourinho set us up initially, and disappointed that when he did make the changes, he didn't make the right ones (in my opinion). All of what I'm about to say is in conjunction to me believing we could've won it;

We started the game off okay-ish but it was very evident from early on that we weren't playing to win the game which was disappointing to say the least.

Schurrle looked lost up front - never want to see him there again. Can't fault his effort but he just isn't a lone striker. Looked much better on the RW in the second half. I thought that Lampard's inclusion in the line up was a bad decision too as I felt we needed a bit more tenacity and energy in midfield. It would've been better to bring Frank off the bench for this one. Lampard's inclusion restricted Ramires - Ramires was forced to be the more defensive player in the pivot and this really hurt our counter attacks. Would've preferred to see MVG or Mikel do that with Ramires given the freedom to do his thing.

This brings me to the second half: we played better, but the game was really there for the taking. Even though Mou didn't start Lukaku he should've at least thrown him on because Romelu would've caused a lot of problems to the United defence. Unfortunately Jose threw on Torres which was quite mind boggling to say the least. United were opening up and we pretty much failed to take advantage. I would've not been annoyed at Jose had he made simply moves of keeping on KDB, subbing in Lukaku and Mata at around the 60 min mark we would've won in my honest opinion.

I reiterate.We can play far better than we did today and I must say, disappointed in Mourinho with the negative game plan. Pretty pleased we got a point though.

PS: I'm writing this half asleep so please ignore any errors!

This.

And to all the guys screaming we can't say anything about Mou or the team: it was a crap game. Period. And this is a forum where you debate on that and express your opinion.

Mine: We could have played better. Draw or no draw. It was a negative game plan. No doubt about it. ManU seemed ready for the taking, but we didn't show up.

Absolutely appalling knee jerk reactions. We held utd..to a nil all draw..at old Trafford.

Really degrades this forum.

Although it was a boring match, we got the point. Deal with it or fuck off

I'm too lazy to read through the thread. Care to summarise for me?

inb4 Australian and lazy is a redundant statement.

I don't why people think it was a bad game. Sure no goals were scored but it was tense and nerve wracking throughout the entirety of the match. I was equal parts fearful and hopeful. It won't go down in the history books as an amazing all action match but it sure had me hooked and entertained.

No one asked Mourinho to leave or anything like that. Some people (like me) were just not happy with the way we treated yesterday's match, while some others called these people "idiots" and "glory hunters" because they disagree that Mourinho is ALWAYS right. I wonder why are there still the "[Post Match]" threads, since we should all have the same opinion.

Of course, we all should be happy to get a point, last night.

However, to be satisfied with the game plan & performance it is totally clueless in my opinion.

If I remember correctly, Di Mateo was fired because of this fucking park the bus tactics. So, why should I be pleased & praise Jose for it ?