Man United 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Parking the bus? Chelsea parked the bus? :D Man, knowing Jose, the rest of the post match threads will be so funny. I am so looking forward to it now!

bb3c7bee1703e4b5dd961dfc0dd72ee0.png

We had more shots on target, more dribbles and the possession % is almost same against the defending champions Man Utd at Old Trafford. Oh, and we were playing our 3rd match in 8 days. Yup, we parked the bus!!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to come out with the point but I hope Jose does not resort to these tactics every big game. Looking at it, 7 points from your first 3 games is not bad but looking at the attacking talent we have here it would be encouraging to see Mourinho actually set out to attack teams. When we beat with Bayern and basically 'parked the bus' it was a bit more understandable because the team compared to now was much more inferior. People may be shocked of the fans reaction who are giving the team stick but part of being a fan is also identifying things that you would like to improve in your side and with me that is Mourinho's tactics.

Yes, happy with the point but I feel we could of had a real go at United this match. Not even bringing on Mata, I think was a bit ridiculous. I just wish Mourinho could have the mentality of thinking we have a strong team who can beat United. The other day a member posted on this forum a quote from Mourinho which was something where he was stating with the attacking talent the team has he is going to attack teams but 3 games so far and lets be fair have been rather laid back.

Even we got the point, Jose's plan was "we want a draw" and clearly did not do enough to try and win the game. I was at carnival anyway and missed the game and was disappointed the two events clashed. Turns out I did not miss much. Watched the full replay of the match and have to be honest the way we set out to contain United did not impress me.

I just don't get why people get so angry when other people criticize. It is not as if we are judging where the team will finish based on the one game. People, (well especially me) would just like a bit more attacking intent because I am sure we could have possibly won if we had shown that.

We neutralised RVP quite well and that is pleasing and got a point at OT but like I said the intent to not win the game was disappointing. A point suits both teams, a bit more us at this stage however a little more intent and this game could of been ours IMO.

Of course, we all should be happy to get a point, last night.

However, to be satisfied with the game plan & performance it is totally clueless in my opinion.

If I remember correctly, Di Mateo was fired because of this fucking park the bus tactics. So, why should I be pleased & praise Jose for it ?

Di Mateo was sacked because of his failure to qualify from a Champions League group stage.

Oh, and to people saying 'Fuck Jose Parking the bus'.

WE DIDN'T FUCKING PARK THE BUS!

There is a difference between setting up not to lose and parking the bus. If people think we parked the bus tonight, they know fuck all about football.

Dont think this is the way we should setup in any game however, it was old trafford and it was united's job to go for the win.

I think it is fair to say we can make judgement when a big team visits stamford bridge.

When we play away games , it doesnt need to be this dull, but in the end, not giving them 3 direct points over us is a long term win.

When we host the big teams, we are expected to go for the win, and it is here that i hope Jose plays a stronger more aggressive game.

Will only make the call once some big team visits us at home.

I remember there were murmurs and discontent at madrid that mourinho did not play attacking football, or that he set them up to not lose etc.... did not follow up on that at the time, but hope that was not true as we are packed with flair attacking players.

The last thing you want to do is to turn them into boring matchwinners, who can still produce magic moments, but lose that technical flair , instead becoming dogged and resilient.

For me personally, this was OK as long as we setup this way maybe only once more, and that is at the etihad.

Arsenal totenham and the rest, we need to setup to show flair pace and sexy football.

Di Mateo was sacked because of his failure to qualify from a Champions League group stage.

Oh, and to people saying 'Fuck Jose Parking the bus'.

WE DIDN'T FUCKING PARK THE BUS!

There is a difference between setting up not to lose and parking the bus. If people think we parked the bus tonight, they know fuck all about football.

Di Mateo was fired because of his tactical errors.

You should review the game again, then come back & tell me about football. Meanwhile, see you later. I have nothing to talk about with you.

Di Mateo was fired because of his tactical errors.

You should review the game again, then come back & tell me about football. Meanwhile, see you later. I have nothing to talk about with you.

To be fair, you, or I, or anyone here knows why Di Mateo was fired, he wasn't given a fair chance, and the main reason which brought his sacking on was his failure to qualify for the Champions League.

And I watched the game, Its clear to see we didn't park the bus. Your telling me we were as defensive as we were against Barcelona two seasons ago?

Somehow, I got the feeling Jose had visited the bus depot just before the last night´s game.

To order his players to play defensively just not to lose is not my cup of tea. Lukaku his best pre-season striker does not even get to play yet. I´d say fuck Jose & these types of games. I wouldn´t be too surprised to see Lukaku asking Jose to play him, as promised or get me out of here.

The way I saw it last night, one boring game. If this is Jose´s way of winning trophies, then may God be with us.

Chelsea were even lucky not to be punished for Frankie´s handball. Had it been Cuntenberg penalty would have been awarded.

Over all I am disappointed to see Chelsea resorting to this tactical nightmare.

Don't always agree with what you write but I am 100% with you on this. Even though Arsenal are a much inferior side I can see Mourinho doing the same type of play again and sitting back when we play them even though it is quite certain we can destroy them with 11 men home or away.

Don't always agree with what you write but I am 100% with you on this. Even though Arsenal are a much inferior side I can see Mourinho doing the same type of play again and sitting back when we play them even though it is quite certain we can destroy them with 11 men home or away.

Since I do not care much whether anyone agrees with me or not. I just would like you all to read this story. This guy is right on.

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=536897

Of course if we don't win the league this season we will be looking at games like this and bemoaning the fact that we were to scared to get 3 points which help cost us the title.

You don't win the league in August, but you can certainly start losing it.

Got to page 4 of this thread before I had to stop reading it.

We went away to the Champions of England in only the third game of the season when we're still finding our feet as a team and we came away with a good point. The selection seemed spot on in most regards, and I was massively impressed with Schurrle's workrate whilst Hazard continues to grow as a footballer prepared to put in a shift working back.

We didn't park the bus - anyone suggesting we did doesn't actually know what that term means. We created some excellent chances and had periods where we dominated both possession and territory, but this United team are FAR further along in their development as a team. We're three games into our's - some people need to be patient, or simply reasonable.

This was a hard-working display. He went with people like Lamps because he knows he can trust them, so whilst I'd love to see Van Ginkel and Lukaku being used I do understand him wanting to bring them on a little bit slower (but I expect both to be getting significant play time in the next couple of months).

Defensively we were solid and the changes under Jose are clear for everyone to see - we defend as a team, from the front. When we broke we actually go forward as a team too but both teams made simple mistakes which is something you expect this early in the season. For me, there was enough good stuff on display to be heartened by this performance and things were only off by a couple of inches.

But I simply don't understand some people on this forum. The pessimism and impatience and quite frankly the ungrateful attitudes are a massive fucking turn-off.

" we created some excellent chances " I read above. Chelsea created fuck all for around 60 minutes.

Chelsea started to move forward for 15-20 minutes only.

Is this the way to play football under this bombastic Jose ?

Looking back at the recorded game once again yes 'parked the bus' is the wrong term for people to use. We got forward much more times than we did against Bayern but we maybe could of shown just a little more bit to win. We got forward a few times and had some nearly moments but ultimately not one team done enough to win the game and in our case just feel we could have won if we pressed them more and kept going at them consistently.

Got to page 4 of this thread before I had to stop reading it.

We went away to the Champions of England in only the third game of the season when we're still finding our feet as a team and we came away with a good point. The selection seemed spot on in most regards, and I was massively impressed with Schurrle's workrate whilst Hazard continues to grow as a footballer prepared to put in a shift working back.

We didn't park the bus - anyone suggesting we did doesn't actually know what that term means. We created some excellent chances and had periods where we dominated both possession and territory, but this United team are FAR further along in their development as a team. We're three games into our's - some people need to be patient, or simply reasonable.

This was a hard-working display. He went with people like Lamps because he knows he can trust them, so whilst I'd love to see Van Ginkel and Lukaku being used I do understand him wanting to bring them on a little bit slower (but I expect both to be getting significant play time in the next couple of months).

Defensively we were solid and the changes under Jose are clear for everyone to see - we defend as a team, from the front. When we broke we actually go forward as a team too but both teams made simple mistakes which is something you expect this early in the season. For me, there was enough good stuff on display to be heartened by this performance and things were only off by a couple of inches.

But I simply don't understand some people on this forum. The pessimism and impatience and quite frankly the ungrateful attitudes are a massive fucking turn-off.

Spot on but I don't agree with dominating possession or even creating chances for that matter, one thing we couldn't do is keep the ball. The likes of Ramires and De Bruyne certainly weren't helping in that department. But i think i was the 10 percent who was really chuffed with the point.

People are expecting big things from us already.

Look I'm optimistic, and I do think we can challenge, win the title? Yes I think we have a good shot at it, but I don't expect it from Mourinho straight away. I think this time we actually need time, it was different 8 year ago, because it was our time then and we pretty much already had a team built from Ranieri. The team we have now is a very young team, so we just need time, and people are getting mad at a result like this it's just stupid. We should be happy for the point, there were a lot of positives from that game, although we have more quality than United they are still winners whether we like it or not, we can't just expect to bully them at there own ground and get a comfortable win.

Lets check Redcafé for some non-blue perspective ...

Surprised at how negative Chelsea were.

Chelsea were surprisingly negative; I'm sure they're happy with the point.

Chelsea were average, we dropped two points tonight.

Chelsea parking the bus with 11 men behind the ball at nearly every opportunity.

Surprised at how negative Chelsea were.Makes you wonder why they're buying every attacking midfielder on the planet.

Chelsea were there for the taking, their attack was almost non-existent!

I'm surprised at how negative Chelsea were and they never really got into the match.

mourinho has parked the bus and we've dominated the game from start to finish

Mourinho will be hailed as a tactical genius no doubt, but that was such a negative performance from them.

From just the first two pages post match. Not pessisimism, but we did have a negative game-plan and it doesn't look really pretty (except Hull first time).

Im hoping for better - i wanna see that dynamics and intensity Mou keeps talking about.

Good to come out with the point but I hope Jose does not resort to these tactics every big game. Looking at it, 7 points from your first 3 games is not bad but looking at the attacking talent we have here it would be encouraging to see Mourinho actually set out to attack teams. When we beat with Bayern and basically 'parked the bus' it was a bit more understandable because the team compared to now was much more inferior. People may be shocked of the fans reaction who are giving the team stick but part of being a fan is also identifying things that you would like to improve in your side and with me that is Mourinho's tactics.

Yes, happy with the point but I feel we could of had a real go at United this match. Not even bringing on Mata, I think was a bit ridiculous. I just wish Mourinho could have the mentality of thinking we have a strong team who can beat United. The other day a member posted on this forum a quote from Mourinho which was something where he was stating with the attacking talent the team has he is going to attack teams but 3 games so far and lets be fair have been rather laid back.

Even we got the point, Jose's plan was "we want a draw" and clearly did not do enough to try and win the game. I was at carnival anyway and missed the game and was disappointed the two events clashed. Turns out I did not miss much. Watched the full replay of the match and have to be honest the way we set out to contain United did not impress me.

I just don't get why people get so angry when other people criticize. It is not as if we are judging where the team will finish based on the one game. People, (well especially me) would just like a bit more attacking intent because I am sure we could have possibly won if we had shown that.

We neutralised RVP quite well and that is pleasing and got a point at OT but like I said the intent to not win the game was disappointing. A point suits both teams, a bit more us at this stage however a little more intent and this game could of been ours IMO.

I agree. We must not forget that against Hull(excepting the first 25 minutes), Aston Villa, we didn't play very well and were not creating many chances.

And I laugh at some who said the children must learn but we have not the same squad and profile of players as the first Chelsea team.

In the first Chelsea team, we had Drogba a beast, and by far the best midfield of the league. We could outmuscle everybody, that's not the case with this squad.

And since then, the smaller teams have improved, they don't get caught on the counter as easily as back then.

People complaining about it being a boring match and "never getting those 90mins back" have probably never watched Chelsea under Jose before? What the fuck?

Plus I didn't think the match was that boring. Sure, I get that there were very, very few chances and both teams weren't exactly going gung-ho for the win. But from a Chelsea fan's perspective, I don't think I'd ever be bored watching us play Utd. I'd be disappointed with the overall quality but not really "bored"