Man United 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Come on yourself ;)

I have NEVER stated that we did play in the fashion we strive for. HOWEVER, considering the facts that this is the THIRD game of the season, our incredibly low average age, and the simple fact that we played the actual champions, 1 point is brilliant. I am not stating that Mou showed tactical superiority. Check out TOPTB posts, he sums it up brilliantly. I merely commented on the comments of Busman since he continuously bemoans the style of play without actually considering the vital factors in play. He has to understand that we have so much talent, but it needs time to flourish, and it will not happen over night.

Benitez was trashed here, the team was even younger, the squad thinner, in shambles when Di Matteo was sacked.

The team was playing every three days but after two difficult first months, he changed many things and we were much better, playing some nice footballs.

Just look at the differences between the first mach against West Ham and the second one.

How we had wigan in our pocket.

Only against Manchester City, we seemed out of depth.

And here we have so many excuses for our lack of good play, since pre-seasons, the long balls from the back are way too much.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

then i feel arsenal is the team for u,because i feel jose got his tactics right. 0-0 draw at the home os champions is a GREAT RESULT. also jose would want chelsea to win trophies rather than play offensive football. he has his priorities right,can not say the same about the fans though.

Not at all. Chelsea in the first half of the game is something I want to see. It´s simple as that. Jose can win with firepower too. Chelsea do have the capacity to do it.

I've read a few posts saying this is a very young team. Think people need to take a better look at the squad. There are quite a few young players in the team, pretty much all of them are attacking midfielders, but our team isn't that young. It's no excuse.

As for the game and the result, not surprised at all. Good result. I just hope this negative approach won't be the way to for Mourinho in big games. Though I expect it again vs Bayern, probably even worse.

Benitez was trashed here, the team was even younger, the squad thinner, in shambles when Di Matteo was sacked.

The team was playing every three days but after two difficult first months, he changed many things and we were much better, playing some nice footballs.

Just look at the differences between the first mach against West Ham and the second one.

How we had wigan in our pocket.

Only against Manchester City, we seemed out of depth.

And here we have so many excuses for our lack of good play, since pre-seasons, the long balls from the back are way too much.

I call it reasons, you call it excuses. Benitez was mid season. This is the third competitive game. Benitez was shit at the start, turned out OK. Give it time :)

Not at all. Chelsea in the first half of the game is something I want to see. It´s simple as that. Jose can win with firepower too. Chelsea do have the capacity to do it.

we could have, but then united would have countered (like the last move of the match), and we simply dont have a defence that is pacy enough to deal with it. it would have been something of the fa cup OT game, or even worse something like last year's SB game.

jose could have fought fire with fire and ended up getting burned instead he got a point. plus united face pool at anfield, and city at etihad still unsure of themselves. imagine if they had got a win last night. if we have to curb/sacrifice our attacking prowess for one match for a much greater good, i ll accept it within a hearbeat.

Don't know whats the problem jose had a good plan could see it from his point he tried to move the technical gifted players and let them exchange positions but they didn't quite do that.

We were settled with a point and had 4 Midfielders 22 or younger... so ffs?

we could have, but then united would have countered (like the last move of the match), and we simply dont have a defence that is pacy enough to deal with it. it would have been something of the fa cup OT game, or even worse something like last year's SB game.

jose could have fought fire with fire and ended up getting burned instead he got a point. plus united face pool at anfield, and city at etihad still unsure of themselves. imagine if they had got a win last night. if we have to curb/sacrifice our attacking prowess for one match for a much greater good, i ll accept it within a hearbeat.

We could have, would have..if... just does not sit with me. It´s hypothetical assumptions, only. If Chelsea had attacked & scored one or two, what would you have posted here, then ?

Ramires and Lampard in the midfield will never work properly for Chelsea, none of them brilliant passers of the ball and both of them have a tendency to get up real high on the pitch, leaving the defense completely exposed, which thankfully went unpunished yesterday. That's not to say both players don't have very useful qualities of course, but they simply don't work together like that.

Schurrle was obviously a failed experiment, very sad not to see Lukaku get some time as it was obviously something the team needed. Often would Kevin De Bruyne or Hazard be through on the wings but simply have no possibility than to attempt to cut in and shoot, which was way too easy to read for the big United defenders. Please Mou, let us see Lukaku from start.

Can't be unhappy with the point or that we went for that, but it just feels like all 3 points could have been taken.

There were votes for Oscar, Lampard, Mikel and fucking Torres as well. So ... what now ?

Not when I posted there wasn't. I'd agree folk voting for Mikel, Lampard and Torres are equally silly. Oscar I don't have a problem with as he actually tried to make attacking moves and even kept dropping deeper to do Lampard's job for him.

Good to see that you're using the fact that other players played badly to defend KDB though. Absolute fanboy

Hazard really pissed me off in this game. He's was the only dribbler in the whole side and the onus is on him to take the ball on and to commit their players ! He didn't do that at all and I think its down to him choosing not to. We can't go a whole season with a team full of static playmakers that don't want to run at players unless they arrived from the championship last month.

Good to see that you're using the fact that other players played badly to defend KDB though. Absolute fanboy

Wut? I just thought your argument wasn't valid that's all. Hell Torres had two votes ... So i did not do any such thing. Why the attitude?

Edit: and if I am such a fanboy, why isn't my vote there then? Tell me that while you are at it. Fucking hell.

We could have, would have..if... just does not sit with me. It´s hypothetical assumptions, only. If Chelsea had attacked & scored one or two, what would you have posted here, then ?

united vs chelsea 3-1

chelsea vs united 3-3

chelsea vs united 2-3

chelsea vs united (coc) 5-4

united vs chelsea (fa cup) 2-2

the no. of goals we had conceded against united in the past 2 years left little to the imagination as to how our defenders would have dealt with their counter. we would have out-scored them, who knows, but jose dint want to take that risk. and as i said before, it was the right decision.

Hazard really pissed me off in this game. He's was the only dribbler in the whole side and the onus is on him to take the ball on and to commit their players ! He didn't do that at all and I think its down to him choosing not to. We can't go a whole season with a team full of static playmakers that don't want to run at players unless they arrived from the championship last month.

Well, they seemed lost, not knowing what to do.

united vs chelsea 3-1

chelsea vs united 3-3

chelsea vs united 2-3

chelsea vs united (coc) 5-4

united vs chelsea (fa cup) 2-2

the no. of goals we had conceded against united in the past 2 years left little to the imagination as to how our defenders would have dealt with their counter. we would have out-scored them, who knows, but jose dint want to take that risk. and as i said before, it was the right decision.

Well, you are happy with 0:0. I prefer 2-3 goals instead. Of course in manure´s net.