Roma 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Who Is Your Man of the Match? (subs)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

If it is because I forgot the T then it is ok, but in football terms, we were very good in the second half and if the ref was just we'd have won this 3-1.The team pressed higher, was quicker in taking decisions and dealt very well with Roma's counter.A football team is a process and I'm satisfied with the work of the players and the technical staff.

I can't believe people are overrating this match. Mourinho changed the game? I'm sure Mourinho was not concerned about changing the game at all, he just want to test his players, but now we even have people comparing his ability to change a game with Benitez, like the spaniard could make 6 subs in half time...

Actually Mourinho is a very smart man, he knows that the hard work will start against Hull City, and he has a lot of things to do. Where Ramires will be playing? Right wing? DM? What he is going to do with Mata and Oscar? Will both be playing together during the season? Who are our DM? Essien+Mikel? Ramires+Essien? Van Ginkel+Ramires?Lampard+Ramires?

I really dont know why people are taking conclusions or praising Mourinho's job based in this friendly, that was a boring match for the most part of the time.

- Bertrand was very good.

- Mikel and Essien - please no.

- Ramires a definite starter.

- Hazard.. top class as always.

- Great goal from Lamps.

- Torres is.. bad.

- Mourinho is GREAT.

- Schwarzer - poor guy haha.

Can't wait to the Hull game !

If it is because I forgot the T then it is ok, but in football terms, we were very good in the second half and if the ref was just we'd have won this 3-1.The team pressed higher, was quicker in taking decisions and dealt very well with Roma's counter.A football team is a process and I'm satisfied with the work of the players and the technical staff.

It wasnt the T. The match was boring, the team lacked chemistry in the 2nd half, Roma created many chances, the match does not deserve this adjevctive.

It wasnt the T. The match was boring, the team lacked chemistry in the 2nd half, Roma created many chances, the match does not deserve this adjevctive.

The match was boring for you, not for me.The team lacked chemisrty because of the defensive approach of Roma, to score goals you'll have to take risk and Roma by playing very deep forced us to take risks.The team showed good spirit after the spanish defeat, the team is more flexible, and Mourinho changed the players and the formation to win the match at half time.Overall, brilliant second half, Roma chances ? I dont remember big ones, we deserved to win and the referee was poor.

Thought Blackman made a terrific save against Osvaldo early in the second half. Could of cost us the game.

----------Lukaku--------

Hazard-------------Mata

-----Oscar--Ramires-----

----------Essien-------------

Cole-----------------Azpiliecueta

------Terry----Luiz-----------

------------Cech--------------------

Definitely my starting 11 after these pre-season performances.

The match was boring for you, not for me.The team lacked chemisrty because of the defensive approach of Roma, to score goals you'll have to take risk and Roma by playing very deep forced us to take risks.The team showed good spirit after the spanish defeat, the team is more flexible, and Mourinho changed the players and the formation to win the match at half time.Overall, brilliant second half, Roma chances ? I dont remember big ones, we deserved to win and the referee was poor.

1- The lost against Real was only a friendly, so that match would barely affect the "spirit" in the subsequent match.

2- This was only a friendly, and Mourinho changed to let his players play, as simple as that, if his main concern was the result, Hazard, Ramires, Cole and Cech would have started, instead of De Bruyne, Moses and the old keeper.

3- we have more options, Essien, Lukaku, Bruyne, Ginkel, Schurlle, so it means we have more player, not sure if flexibility is the word, the system is always the same: 4-2-3-1. Its only pre-season dude.

This was such an important victory. So important mentally. Just keeping that momentum.

Knowing that when we go 1 goal down we can come back and win it.

Now let's just hope we can get through these national team fixtures without injuries.

link please?

Just read Gary Neville's pre-season build up, he thinks Hazard can become the world's best number 10.

He might be the best player in the world, but not the best 10. I'm sure under Mourinho he will be playing as a left-winger. Mourinho loves wingers and its pretty hard to find a better player to play that role.