Roma 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Who Is Your Man of the Match? (subs)

Dirtiest player in the entire Serie A. Absolutely no sportsmanship and a grade A cunt. Wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

Clearly Mata and Lamps don't think so, basically because they don't have their Juve-fan mode turned on, or a Juve-fan mode. :halo:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ if we decide not to sign a proper DM because of Essien, than mourinho is deluded. clearly the position where we need a world-class signing the most. but mourinho thinks that mikel, essien, lampard, MVG and rambo are enough :wank2:

they're enough.

How many teams in the world have better than those 5? I'm not talking about the 2 main guys, but the 5?

We need to know that no team has world class in every single position and then some "world class -(A-)" subs to every position.

Would it better if we had another guy there? Yeah, and so another guy in the defence, and so a better replacement for Cole as Bertrand has one decent match out of 20, then we might need a good right winger because no one we play there play their best in the position (for some people). Then we must sign not one, but two strikers, etc, etc, etc.

I guess we're fine there, I don't think we'd be less competitive because of that area. there's some experience, there's some holding quality, there's some box to box quality, there's some defensive quality. So I think we've got it covered.

Just came back from RFK.

The game was OK, decent as friendlies go. I actually broke a rule of mine by attending this match... "if the players don't give a damn I sure as hell don't either... " still, not many opportunities to see the players in action.

JT and Luiz still make a wonderful pairing. They were the only thing holding Chelsea together in the first half because the midfield vanished. Essien has moments that remind us of the player he once was, but he was lost most of the time. Mikel was the usual Mikel, simple passes, no risk, no carrying the ball, and a few tackles... nothing horrible and nothing great... I just expect more from our starting holding mid.

I was not impressed at all by KDB, and for me the difference between him and Oscar became very clear in the second half. KDB was just not helping enough in the middle which caused Roma to dominate in the first half. Shirley had another poor game, but I still see more potential in him than Moses. I'm sorry I just don't see enough technique in Moses and have seen too many players doing what he does, and some a lot better than him.

Second half was far more interesting. We had a midfield in the second half. And we had a player, in Hazard, beating his marker and creating chances. Oscar did very well by always getting involved in the play, defense too. Ramires, the usual extremely high work rate and a good performance.

Nice to see some variation in tactics with 2 FWs and Ramires in the RB position. Very attacking-minded and interesting for the right occasion.

Still very worried about the striker position.

Now that's an assessment I completely agree with.

I still stand by we could use a backup CB just in case Terry gets injured again - or worse, Luiz does - but we definitely need a striker.

I've watched the match replay and it was insufferable to see how our strikers are overall just harmless.

The best without a doubt was Ba, who I always criticize, but because he scored the winner Lukaku is being hyped (again) - even though he needed the help of the defence because the camera from the back angle shows that ball was going to go wide otherwise (or maybe Ramires or Oscar who were nearby could have pushed it into the net). It was Ba who fought as a crazy for the ball, and also Ba also passed the ball to Lampard score. So I appreciate those link ups, and I appreciate Lukaku's goal (I more than appreciate it because he needed to score a goal against a significant opposition that isn't from Asia to build up some confidence), but both are still weak overall.

I think Ba last night showed the best performance from a striker in the whole pre-season as far as I can remember (as I write this I watch Robin scoring a beautiful header - *cries*) because although in whatever match Lukaku ran the channels, and another match Torres had decent link ups, it was only yesterday that one of our strikers (the less reliable of them generally) really did something to help us win. I'm one of those people who believe the striker is the to score us goals (whether by netting themselves or assisting) while I appreciate work rate it's not enough if they simply run channels, do link ups, have good runs, but never end up in goals!

The only positive note is that at least Lukaku can develop throughout the season - and that's the only thing that comforts me - and maybe we could have a more reliable striker as the competition goes. Ba is a question mark for me. He's been here only for a semester and he could use more time. The striker is the position that depends more on squad chemistry and a position that really requires a lot of confidence, so maybe Ba could turn the tables around this season. I'm still not sure. And Torres while having a completely different attitude on him under Mourinho, working very hard every match, still doesn't score or creates clear goal chances for others. I can't overlook those things.

And if someone secured a starting position against Hull last night was Ba, not Lukaku... sorry to disagree with most. The thing is I don't think last night was about assuring starting positions because of course one game isn't enough. The thing is the three of them produced so little in those 4 friendlies that it's hard to pick someone.

Clearly Mata and Lamps don't think so, basically because they don't have their Juve-fan mode turned on, or a Juve-fan mode. :halo:

Not exactly a Juve related opinion. Most people in Italy share that opinion. Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing player, but he's the type of cunt that will always try to elbow a defender in the face and intentionally injure an opposition player in a tackle.

Not exactly a Juve related opinion. Most people in Italy share that opinion. Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing player, but he's the type of cunt that will always try to elbow a defender in the face and intentionally injure an opposition player in a tackle.

Still, Mata and Lamps wouldn't take a pic with such a horrible person. :) I think he's just an easily-angered player.

Most people in England (and the world in general) share a negative opinion about JT, but that to me still doesn't make him a cunt.

Maybe I'm too narrowminded here or maybe I'm totally wrong (you can tell me if that's the case, but please be gentle hahahaha) but what worries me is the fact that we seem to have two creative players (Mata and Hazard) and if those two aren't playing everything seems to collapse like a house of cards. I know it's only preseason but somehow it feels that we're depending too much on these two and that we play a completely (read slower, no creativity, no threat in front of the goal) different kind of football without either of them. Maybe this isn't the case but there will be total off days of both of them, days where we'll say, were they even playing. We'll criticize and criticize but when it comes down to pure creativity, who will stand up at those moments when both of them don't deliver the game we're used too...

Now that's something to think about!

Maybe I'm too narrow minded here or maybe I'm totally wrong (you can tell me if that's the case, but please be gentle hahahaha) but what worries me is the fact that we seem to have two creative players (Mata and Hazard) and if those two aren't playing everything seems to collapse like a house of cards. I know it's only preseason but somehow it feels that we're depending too much on these two and that we play a completely (read slower, no creativity, no threat in front of the goal) different kind of football without either of them. Maybe this isn't the case but there will be total off days of both of them, days where we'll say, were they even playing. We'll criticize and criticize but when it comes down to pure creativity, who will stand up at those moments when both of them don't deliver the game we're used too...

Now that's something to think about!

I think its a fair assessment of the preseason. I do believe it will change once the season begins. I think Oscar, Hazard and Mata can all be huge game changers, but once their roles are defined. I feel like Jose is finding out what works best for us. When everyone is put into a position and given a role, everything will (hopefully) come together. I feel like Rooney(If he comes), will open games up. I'm really excited to see this team grow with each other.

I was only able to see the second half, but i was really pleased with both Hazard and Lampard's performance, i think Lamps could be killer in a rotation spot, with his killer balls forward and eye for goal, it would help against the lesser teams and could be a dynamic part of the play when he comes off the bench. Bertrand seemed very composed in the game, and worked really well in defence and in attack - which was nice to see. With a few added players, such as Rooney or another striker, it will help bring the team into a much better light - though i felt Lukaku-Ba could be a partnership that could be used quite well with the right supporting players.

Still, Mata and Lamps wouldn't take a pic with such a horrible person. :) I think he's just an easily-angered player.

Most people in England (and the world in general) share a negative opinion about JT, but that to me still doesn't make him a cunt.

Well, they wouldn't know what kind of person he is. As for JT, this is not the ideal place to get into it, but he is hated for off the field stuff the media made a huge deal of which is different than trying to injure an opponent or break his face.

they're enough.

How many teams in the world have better than those 5? I'm not talking about the 2 main guys, but the 5?

We need to know that no team has world class in every single position and then some "world class -(A-)" subs to every position.

Would it better if we had another guy there? Yeah, and so another guy in the defence, and so a better replacement for Cole as Bertrand has one decent match out of 20, then we might need a good right winger because no one we play there play their best in the position (for some people). Then we must sign not one, but two strikers, etc, etc, etc.

I guess we're fine there, I don't think we'd be less competitive because of that area. there's some experience, there's some holding quality, there's some box to box quality, there's some defensive quality. So I think we've got it covered.

Now that's an assessment I completely agree with.

I still stand by we could use a backup CB just in case Terry gets injured again - or worse, Luiz does - but we definitely need a striker.

I've watched the match replay and it was insufferable to see how our strikers are overall just harmless.

The best without a doubt was Ba, who I always criticize, but because he scored the winner Lukaku is being hyped (again) - even though he needed the help of the defence because the camera from the back angle shows that ball was going to go wide otherwise (or maybe Ramires or Oscar who were nearby could have pushed it into the net). It was Ba who fought as a crazy for the ball, and also Ba also passed the ball to Lampard score. So I appreciate those link ups, and I appreciate Lukaku's goal (I more than appreciate it because he needed to score a goal against a significant opposition that isn't from Asia to build up some confidence), but both are still weak overall.

I think Ba last night showed the best performance from a striker in the whole pre-season as far as I can remember (as I write this I watch Robin scoring a beautiful header - *cries*) because although in whatever match Lukaku ran the channels, and another match Torres had decent link ups, it was only yesterday that one of our strikers (the less reliable of them generally) really did something to help us win. I'm one of those people who believe the striker is the to score us goals (whether by netting themselves or assisting) while I appreciate work rate it's not enough if they simply run channels, do link ups, have good runs, but never end up in goals!

The only positive note is that at least Lukaku can develop throughout the season - and that's the only thing that comforts me - and maybe we could have a more reliable striker as the competition goes. Ba is a question mark for me. He's been here only for a semester and he could use more time. The striker is the position that depends more on squad chemistry and a position that really requires a lot of confidence, so maybe Ba could turn the tables around this season. I'm still not sure. And Torres while having a completely different attitude on him under Mourinho, working very hard every match, still doesn't score or creates clear goal chances for others. I can't overlook those things.

And if someone secured a starting position against Hull last night was Ba, not Lukaku... sorry to disagree with most. The thing is I don't think last night was about assuring starting positions because of course one game isn't enough. The thing is the three of them produced so little in those 4 friendlies that it's hard to pick someone.

Have to agree on Ba; he had a good game and even that wasn't good enough in my book. Still, thought the link up for Lampard goal was the obvious easy one-it was all lamps really. My problem with both Ba and lukaku at the moment is the lack of finesse in their play. They also squander many attacks by misplacing a pass or a bad first touch or even making a bad run, while Torres seems physically weak. Like u said Lukaku has time to develop though We just can't wait a season or two until he becomes (or not) the finished product.

Well we will find out soon enough...

Have to agree on Ba; he had a good game and even that wasn't good enough in my book. Still, thought the link up for Lampard goal was the obvious easy one-it was all lamps really. My problem with both Ba and lukaku at the moment is the lack of finesse in their play. They also squander many attacks by misplacing a pass or a bad first touch or even making a bad run, while Torres seems physically weak. Like u said Lukaku has time to develop though We just can't wait a season or two until he becomes (or not) the finished product.

Well we will find out soon enough...

I just hope Mourinho gives Lukaku enough time on the pitch this season. If only we could offload Torres and get someone like a Rooney or Ibra or even Eto'o...then our striking options would be much more solid.

AVB and RDM did the same, when we were losing they'd bring on Torres and put him on the wings, wanted to break something.

AVB actually did change the formation when things aren't going well. He would normally go from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 in mid-match and it tends to work. The only problem after that is we usually get a goal after this change and he would then change it back to 4-3-3. :doh:

Preseason? yes. That said it looks like the same old bs...no pressure from the defensive midfielders, no build up that led to scoring chances for the strikers. Are you optimistic? This club needed a midfield destroyer and they flopped at it thus far chasing around Shrek instead. Mikel is a mess, Essien is playing not to get hurt. Ramires is too small. This club is in trouble if they don't address DM with a destroyer.

Preseason? yes. That said it looks like the same old bs...no pressure from the defensive midfielders, no build up that led to scoring chances for the strikers. Are you optimistic? This club needed a midfield destroyer and they flopped at it thus far chasing around Shrek instead. Mikel is a mess, Essien is playing not to get hurt. Ramires is too small. This club is in trouble if they don't address DM with a destroyer.

And the world is apparently ending next week.

like I said it's preseason but this team is unorganized, not the "end of the world" but no change so far against non asian teams. I was disappointed in this squad. It's one thing to run up the score against Asia but against Real Madrid and Roma they looked average. Don't agree? Maybe you're expecting magic when the season starts I guess. Bottom line this squad has to come out the gates on all cylinders. Man City is no joke. Maybe Mourinho tried to calm expectations by calling himself the happy one, but there is little room for error this season. I'd expect to see crisper football than this.