Real Madrid v Chelsea

Jase

We will win this.

Hazard vs Carjaval? The lad is a decent prospect, but in all fairness even if Hazard can't be arsed he will destroy him, hes that good. If they don't play Carjaval and go for Arbeloa instead its fair to say Arbeloa is fucked. If De Bruyne plays on the right and they play Marcelo then there is definitely space for Kevin to exploit. Also Ronaldo doesn't track back very much too so it leaves more space for us to exploit. Even Moses on the right could cause problems, with the space Marcelo will leave behind him we can cause them problems on both flanks.

Oscar playing centrally in my eyes is a must. His working back will be vital in preventing Illarramendi from controlling the tempo. Illarramendi is good but tbh I still think Alonso is their best MF player by a sheer mile. He may lack mobility but he is so good at passing the ball and breaking up opposition play.

Ramos at CB is a weakness for Madrid, against someone of Lukaku or Ba's strength I feel he will struggle. Lukaku's frightening turn of pace too along with his sheer power will give him a hell of a time. Varane as high as I rate him will probably look a bit shaky against a big presence as he did against Drogba in the CL last season. Will they use Pepe or Varane though I don't know.

If we don't play Ramires and van Ginkel in the middle I feel Isco/Ozil whoever plays in the hole will exploit a partnership of Lampard and Ramires/Mikel/Essien. Lampard should not be started in these sort of games, possibly if we need a goal we could call on him but maybe thrown on as a sub where he can possibly score a goal or whatever.

How do you stop Ronaldo? Have Ramires, Azpi and De Bruyne kick the shit out of him on the right side. Get stuck right into him really early, United put Jones on him in their 2 CL games and the fact he was constantly trying to get stuck in on him it kind of lessened his influence on the games. Hes dangerous as we have seen but still if you don't give him all the fucking time in the world and get stuck into him hes not going to like it. If I remember rightly, in the Luis Gustavo thread the video of Gustavo vs Madrid shows him getting stuck in on Ronaldo at every opportunity, we need someone who can do that to try and put him off his game. Hes world class, if we give any sort of chance he will kill us. Azpi is a good defender but there will be times hes beaten by him. Or Branna if he plays at right back. We also have to watch Isco, Di Maria, Ozil as well... they are all good players but not as good as Ronaldo who is obviously the pick of th bunch.

I don't know how Madrid will line up but I'm guessing Carlo will go with 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 surely? Seems to suit their front players best but I still fancy us to be more up for it than Madrid. Jose will want to win, the fact its against Madrid and he left on a bad note in particular it could be intense. Going to put my neck out and say 3-1 Chelsea.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I'm having summer vacation, I just kinda switched my day and nights since last week. Ah the lazy student life.

Is it on tv in Belgium!?

Sorry mate,wrong use of language. I livestream it and connect my computer with the television :)

Real Madrid XI (vs Chelsea): Casillas, Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo, Khedira, Modric, Isco, Özil, Cristiano, Benzema

Chelsea XI: Cech, Cole-Terry-Cahill-Luiz, Mikel-Ramires, Mata-Oscar-Hazard, Torres.

Chelsea XI: Cech, Cole-Terry-Cahill-Luiz, Mikel-Ramires, Mata-Oscar-Hazard, Torres.

Real Madrid XI (vs Chelsea): Casillas, Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo, Khedira, Modric, Isco, Özil, Cristiano, Benzema

Errr, thought Luiz has been ruled out of this match?! And at RB???