• Terry
    • Cole
    • Essien
    • Ramires
    • Piazon
    • De Bruyne
    • Schurrle
    • Lukaku
  2. 2. Who Is Your Man of the Match (Subs)?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all in all it was good

Great to see the team in action again.

I think the first half was very good, the second had its moments, but was average and quiet towards the end.

I'm just really happy to see the team and especially happy to see Mourinho in the coaches kit!

Wallace and Kevin showed they're business.

I think André did well for the most part.

Marco started sort of nervous, but then was very comfortable and showed calm.

Thai girls like Eden

Beard-y Singha players talk with their eyes and arms

Piazon is said to be taken part of the first half

Lukaku was really good

Essien looked good - but then again I'm biased :P

Mourinho by the pitch - priceless

A decent practice game.

Wallace, KDB & Schurrle for me. Moses might be gone soon, sold. Piazon, Challobak needs to go out on loan.

A great team, but still Chelsea needs a striker to win PL, I feel. BA still does not cut it for me.

Ramires, cahill, ba and moses were terrible.

But kevin de bryne was the best player by miles, then wallace, hazard, essien, schurrle and vanginkel

• Ivanovic was bad, contributed nothing going forward and left moses alone. Wallace is a pure brazillian dribbler, just like marcelo.
  • I could see that vanginkel is actually a good long range passer himself.
  • I know its just the first pre-season but lukaku looked better than ba
  • We've found our new set piece taker, KDB :yay:

The second half was disappointing, which was to be expected with a whole new team on the pitch. But boy, I must say that Kdb really delivered - my MOTM for sure! Kalas and Wallace were impressive,

Schurrle showed spells of being "the finished product" (quote Mourinho) we want him to be and Ramires and Essien were really compatible... So yea, *opens up a beer*

Lukaku was good, but imo he will not be able to be our main striker this season, just yet *munches beer nuts* It's the little things, such as his positioning and runs, that still need some

refining for that. Watching this match also showed we need to sell Torres or Ba and bring in a top striker (in which case Ba/Torres can be third option). Lukaku is between first and second spot for me -

Just not there yet but very promising indeed! Disappointed by BA though!

Sell Ba. Torres has shown better play over the past few months. It's just a fact. Confederations Cup, Europa League. The only time I was happy with Ba was when he put away United during the FA Cup.

We need a striker, and then we're golden. Solid play while missing many of our stars.

Hopefully that Rooney bid has gotten further along. Or we're going for Ibra.