• Terry
    • Cole
    • Essien
    • Ramires
    • Piazon
    • De Bruyne
    • Schurrle
    • Lukaku
  2. 2. Who Is Your Man of the Match (Subs)?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a couple of bad passes = ramires had a bad match

a couple of bad passes = mvg started nervously but grew into the match.

i mean why do we give ramires so much stick. he ran the whole bloody game and it was just a pre-season friendly. put in some good tackles. made some rambo-runs all thru the match. perfect rambo performance.

Wallace looked sharp. Really impressive half by him. Overall I think KDB bossed it as expected and it was a fairly decent performance for our first pre season friendly. Glad for Lukaku taking his chance.. that's the confidence I want to see in our strikers.

I was watching the game thinking.. fuck me and we still have Mata, Oscar, Luiz and Torres to return from holidays. If we get Rooney or Zlatan and maybe De Rossi we are going to have a monster of a team.

So it seems not everything run together too well yet. My exam was rather shit, too, but i am pretty sure I passed.

How did Schürrle, MvG, Kalas perform?

And who the hell is Traore? There must be a dozen of players with that last name playing in Europe, I have lost overview.

Wallace looked sharp. Really impressive half by him. Overall I think KDB bossed it as expected and it was a fairly decent performance for our first pre season friendly. Glad for Lukaku taking his chance.. that's the confidence I want to see in our strikers.

I was watching the game thinking.. fuck me and we still have Mata, Oscar, Luiz and Torres to return from holidays. If we get Rooney or Zlatan and maybe De Rossi we are going to have a monster of a team.

This.

I also thought ... wow. What if we are complete and set to go. It is going to be an entirely different experience from last season, where you had to squeeze those butt flaps every time we had to make a change.

KDB bossed it for me but the surprise was Wallace...

Also, Great that Lukaku got his first goal. It will take the edge off next games.

The exact reason I was originally against the Schurrle transfer was being repeated over and over by the co-commentator (who was rather pessimistic it must be said) throughout the first half. Predictable player (cut inside to get on his right every. single. time.) and constantly tried too much when he should have just made such a simple pass. It was infuriating. I hated it. It was like watching Sturridge during his time here with less flair but more work rate.

I am not having a jab at him. It's just my view from this one game. I know someone will pop up and mention a fancy flick he did within the opening 5 minutes but if you look at it with a broader view I think it was a below average game even for a pre-season game for him.

That said, I did welcome his tracking back. Cole looked incredibly comfortable with Schurrle ahead of him because of the cover they gave eachother.

If this game is a preview of a pattern which will repeat itself, I'm thinking Schurrle should be a squad player with our '3' being Hazard - Mata - De Bruyne.

Anyway,

My top 3 from the game:

1: De Bruyne

2: Wallace

3: Essien (more because he surprised me with his performance than anything else)

3 biggest let-downs (from least let-down to biggest let-down):

1: Moses

2: Schurrle

3: Ba

My thoughts:

Wallace - pleasantly surprised, but let's calm down, he wasn't tested defensively at all, he can be part of the squad but that will probably just stall his development so he should get a loan so he can get a lot of playing time under his belt

Kalas - hardly had anything to do, but he looked much much bigger than when he signed for us, looked like mceachran back then

Essien - i love him, absolutely love him, he was great, i was smiling entire first half watching him boss it, but he did the same shit last preseason too so i'm still not convinced he can get back to decent form, lets see if he can build on this

Ramires - he's a maniac, he loves running and tackling you can tell, sloppy with some passes though and his heading was off today, mishit like 3 easy headers

KDB - MOTM, part of everything good Chelsea did, picked out someone on every cross except the last couple before he got subbed

Piazon - disappointed, i like him, i expected more

Schurrle - ran around a lot and tried to get involved but didnt really get anything done, but i did love the few runs he made to get in behind when Lukaku was dropping deep, we need more of that off-ball movement

Lukaku - his movement was not that good but overall looked great and def better than ba, that kdb pass over the top and first shot (on target) was beautiful, my favourite move of the match

Ivan, Cahill, Bertrand, Moses, Ba, Chalobah - meh, some were poor some didnt do anything

Hazard - :D great to see him back and great to see him be aggressive and positive with his dribbling from the start, it took him a good month before he actually started dribbling last year, he's ready, we can get by with Cole and Bertrand this year but we need an attacking left back for the future who can link up better with him

Van Ginkel - impressed, strong and moved the ball fast and showed good passing range, nothing flashy but what i noticed is that when you have Mikel and others in there you can tell they are slowing it down and you notice it, but that never happened with him, so that's a positive itself

Traore - how old is this dude? isn't he supposed to be like 17? boy is he developed for his age, looked very confident i thought