👕 Chelsea Kits Thread

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

What makes it OFFICIAL? A random dude being photographed in front of a container?

You are correct, until Chelsea FC puts it out, it is just a rumor.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

What makes it OFFICIAL? A random dude being photographed in front of a container?

Nah, it's legit. All 3 above. Experience over the years says so. They always appear. 

Apparently we’re struggling mightily once again to find a front of shirt sponsor for this coming season just like last summer according to Matt Law. The Infinite Athlete deal was supposedly only for last Seaskn and then they move to just a sleeve sponsorship.

This makes us look like such amateurs. I remember saying similar things last year but it fucking INSANE to me that one of the very biggest and most famous club in the world, playing in the best and most watched league in the world can not find a company that will pay to out their logo on our shirt. You would think corporations would literally be fighting each other to partner with a club of our stature.

Boehly & co are supposedly these marketing/business genius types and they can’t get Chelsea FC a shirt sponsorship after 2 whole years?!

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Apparently we’re struggling mightily once again to find a front of shirt sponsor for this coming season just like last summer according to Matt Law. The Infinite Athlete deal was supposedly only for last Seaskn and then they move to just a sleeve sponsorship.

This makes us look like such amateurs. I remember saying similar things last year but it fucking INSANE to me that one of the very biggest and most famous club in the world, playing in the best and most watched league in the world can not find a company that will pay to out their logo on our shirt. You would think corporations would literally be fighting each other to partner with a club of our stature.

Boehly & co are supposedly these marketing/business genius types and they can’t get Chelsea FC a shirt sponsorship after 2 whole years?!

Remember these losers were laughing at the old ownership, fast forward 2 years and they scrapping for sponsors, what a bunch of incompetent hacks.

On 01/07/2024 at 14:15, Strike said:

I've got no problem with a bit of creativity in the away and third kits (I like the badge on that third kit above), but the home kit should be largely untouched. Subtle changes now and again (change the trim between white/black/gold for example) but nothing silly. Our home kits under Nike have been quite frankly pathetic.

If they feel the need to make bigger changes each season to justify releasing a new one every year then switch every 2 seasons between the current Chelsea blue and the 70's blue. Just keep the shirts authentic to our club, rather than mocked up by somebody on a week long acid trip.

Posted (edited)
On 03/07/2024 at 07:44, Superblue said:

I've got no problem with a bit of creativity in the away and third kits (I like the badge on that third kit above), but the home kit should be largely untouched. Subtle changes now and again (change the trim between white/black/gold for example) but nothing silly. Our home kits under Nike have been quite frankly pathetic.

If they feel the need to make bigger changes each season to justify releasing a new one every year then switch every 2 seasons between the current Chelsea blue and the 70's blue. Just keep the shirts authentic to our club, rather than mocked up by somebody on a week long acid trip.

I see your point about the home kit, but I think it would be up to the club itself to tell Nike if they approve of the design or not.

I don't think Nike in anyway can dictate a single design. I'm pretty sure they present a bunch of standard templates to their partner clubs, and whoever is in charge of that club's marketing department must approve. 

Edited by Blue Armour

The away and third kits are poor. But third kits are seemingly now a bit more out there so ...yeah whatever. The away kit...beige! Eyeroll. Again tho, whatever you want nike. But the home, THE HOME! That is unacceptable! Orange badges, orange trim, the fucking disgusting design throughout not just shirt but shorts as well. Shouldn't matter to me because I wouldn't buy it anyway but when my kids are turning their noses up you have to ask wtf is it all about. Adidas,umbro,hummel, castore turning out lovely kits this season and we get this SHITE. Done with nike 

Doubt my opinion will change tomorrow when we actually see the kit being worn by the players but from the leaked photos this is genuinely the worst Chelsea kit ever. Astounding that this got the thumbs up from the club.