Eliaquim Mangala

You have a point, though if we buy a new CB we should also sell someone or player manage it until Terry leaves the club next season. I've always liked Cahill, call me novice but I think he has been alright. That off-the-lineish clearance at Europa League final after we had just scored comes to mind. Must admit the quality of defense has gone down - Terry lacking match fitness, Ivanovic was surprisingly error-prone. Next year we must get -for sure- a CB and a starter for left back unless Bertrand switches to a different gear.

Come to think of it - why not? French CBs seems to be the flavour of the month it seems.

This is exactly why I was saying I am all for selling Iva when Monaco were rumored to be interested. He is 29 now and on the decline and we need a new CB with or without him. I always say Cahill has the physical and technical ability to be one of the best CBs in the world, but he is tactically weak and his decision making is atrocious. He's an excellent squad player, but nothing more, tbh.

Keep in mind that Jose is our manager next season, his CB pairing has to be the best in the league because his teams always build from a solid defense.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roman should do that through a shell partnership so we never have to pay huge fees for porto players in the future ..

Or have that bastarding Porto president executed, what a cunt he is with all his massive release clauses.

Or have that bastarding Porto president executed, what a cunt he is with all his massive release clauses.

It is just good business, he knows what he is doing. It is not a coincidence that Porto is the team that made the most profit selling players since the beginning of 21st century.

Don't see this happening. It's being reported in Spain we're trying to sign Rami from Valencia and he'd cost peanuts in comparison to Mangala.

really? I mean, rami is a decent defender. Tall, strong, great header and tackling, does anything he is asked to do as a CB...but nothing else. Opposite to Cahill he lacks every kind of pace whatsoever, can forget about a highline with Rami.

Cahill-Luiz has a chance to closest the best performance of Terry-Carvalho in their era...

No defensive partnership will come close to Terry-Carvalho for a long time especially not one of our worst ever defensive pairings.

This is exactly why I was saying I am all for selling Iva when Monaco were rumored to be interested. He is 29 now and on the decline and we need a new CB with or without him. I always say Cahill has the physical and technical ability to be one of the best CBs in the world, but he is tactically weak and his decision making is atrocious. He's an excellent squad player, but nothing more, tbh.

Agree completely, Choulo. He's normally dependable but for the past two seasons he's been on a gradual downward slope (still shaking my head at that 93rd min blunder he made in the Europe league final). Perhaps he's found it difficult to adjust to the new formation, who knows. But I can't imagine that at 29, he'll improve much next season. I love brana and he's been among my favourite players but I think that if we don't replace him now, then we run the risk of falling back into old habits of failing to clear out "deadwood".

Agree completely, Choulo. He's normally dependable but for the past two seasons he's been on a gradual downward slope (still shaking my head at that 93rd min blunder he made in the Europe league final). Perhaps he's found it difficult to adjust to the new formation, who knows. But I can't imagine that at 29, he'll improve much next season. I love brana and he's been among my favourite players but I think that if we don't replace him now, then we run the risk of falling back into old habits of failing to clear out "deadwood".

Plus he is highly rated by most football fans (I found this out when doing opposition views) so we should be able to get a decent fee for him now. His price will drop significantly when he reaches 30-31 though.

Plus he is highly rated by most football fans (I found this out when doing opposition views) so we should be able to get a decent fee for him now. His price will drop significantly when he reaches 30-31 though.

How players are rated by most football fans matters very little.

• 2 months later...

French press reporting that City is preparing a 45m euros bid

Fuck thats expensive waaaaaaaaaaay too much. He is worth 15 to 20m but he really is a quality defender.

Mangala and Kompany would be beast. But City don't understand it's not just about quality.

• 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You