Eliaquim Mangala

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because maybe one day those 2 can be were mangala is at now. And spending all the time and not giving our youth a chance is not the right way to go forward as club and a buisness..

I was being sarcastic. :) I thought it was obvious.

• 2 weeks later...

Mourinho is also far more interested in signing Porto’s French central defender Eliaquim Mangala (Independent) #CFC#FCPorto

Mangala views Chelsea as a more desirable prospect and City may need to out-spend their rivals on wages to land him (Independent) #CFC#MCFC

Read something similar earlier today, but I was in a hurry and skipped past that story.

Now I went back to that article. It comes from La Repubblica (Rome based newspaper), one of the most reputable media outlets in Italy, along with Corriere della Sera and it says that AS Roma will sell Benatia (probably to City) and is already negociating with Mangala to replace him. After preliminary talks, they were sure Mangala accepted their offer, but things have changed in the last minute because Mourinho submitted a €26m offer to Porto. The offer is better than Roma's who will not pay more than €20m. Jose is a big admirer and the player would fancy a move to Chelsea as well. Now Chelsea is in pole position to sign the CB and now Benatia might stay in Rome for another season as all the Roma targets seem to be out of reach (Garay is going to Bayern de Munich, Marquinhos to Barcelona and Mangala to Chelsea)

Read something similar earlier today, but I was in a hurry and skipped past that story.

Now I went back to that article. It comes from La Repubblica (Rome based newspaper), one of the most reputable media outlets in Italy, along with Corriere della Sera and it says that AS Roma will sell Benatia (probably to City) and is already negociating with Mangala to replace him. After preliminary talks, they were sure Mangala accepted their offer, but things have changed in the last minute because Mourinho submitted a €26m offer to Porto. The offer is better than Roma's who will not pay more than €20m. Jose is a big admirer and the player would fancy a move to Chelsea as well. Now Chelsea is in pole position to sign the CB and now Benatia might stay in Rome for another season as all the Roma targets seem to be out of reach (Garay is going to Bayern de Munich, Marquinhos to Barcelona and Mangala to Chelsea)

Oh dear.. Are we about to betray Zouma and Kalas then. 'Varane' promises indeed.

Who knew about luis and mangala a year or so ago?

Exactly.

If you hadn't heard of Filipe Luis a year ago, then mate I'm sorry to tell you but you don't know much about football because he's been one of the best left-backs in La Liga for at least five years now. Luis has been Atletico's first choice for four seasons while even prior to this year they were always challenging for at least the minor trophies (UEL, CdR) and before that he put on some very impressive performances for Deportivo, enough for Atletico to splash out €13m for him back in 2010.

Mangala was heavily linked with us last summer after having a brilliant season at Porto so that means most people were starting to see his quality in around 2012, when he was 20-21 years old. Aside from the freak exceptions that's usually the age when players start to develop massively so it's not a surprise the majority of people didn't really know Mangala until quite recently.

Just because you haven't been paying attention to football played outside England and don't recognize talented players when you see them doesn't mean everyone is as ignorant.

#FCPorto’s highly-rated centre-back, Eliaquim Mangala, is set to reject interest from #MCFC in favour of a move to Chelsea (Telegraph) #CFC

Eliaquim Mangala [prefers #CFC over #MCFC] as he wants to join a club who have had success in Europe (Telegraph)

Van Gaal is not interested in signing Mangala as he would prefer to bring in players with more experience in that position (Telegraph) #CFC

Mourinho still has strong links with #Porto & is hopeful #CFC will be able to land Mangala for less than £35m quoted in the past (Telegraph)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You