Post your Chelsea team

I agree with a lot of these, but what's with people and de Rossi? He's 30 in two months, no thanks! Gundogan please! :D

He's a good player, but with Chalobah, Ake, Romeu, Ake and Rami one would have thought creativity in the pivot would've been the most important acquisition. McEachran is still a way off (if ever) and Oscar and De Bruyne have question marks in that position.

Modric for me would be the player that makes us favourites for the title.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with a lot of these, but what's with people and de Rossi? He's 30 in two months, no thanks! Gundogan please! :Dhis

if this thread was made last week, there would be Moutinho or Alonso in the pivot but that rumour about de Rossi leaving for 12million has gotten everyone jizzing about him.

Get rid of Bertrand...? Ummm What?

If we're actually going after Coentrao then I think it's possible. I like the idea of Ryan more than the reality. He's young, English, local(ish) lad, he looks the part, he's got dreamy eyes :wub: .....but I'm still not convinced he's anything more than a back-up.

I'm not saying we should sell him, but if Cole and Coentrao are the present and there's a chance that Coentrao and Shaw are the near-future and Shaw is the future then I'm not sure where Bertrand fits into this club. Maybe Jose sees something in him that elevates him to that next level (I think he's a perfectly competent 7/10 in most matches and that's more than good enough for 16 or 17 of the teams in this league) and he's given another year.

But it comes back to the same thing - he's played 200 professional games, over 50 for us and a couple of times for England and I don't think I've ever seen 'it' ('it' being that little something special that sets the good apart from the exceptional).

He's a good player, but with Chalobah, Ake, Romeu, Ake and Rami one would have thought creativity in the pivot would've been the most important acquisition. McEachran is still a way off (if ever) and Oscar and De Bruyne have question marks in that position.

Modric for me would be the player that makes us favourites for the title.

Eh, creativity? Ilkay Gundogan is Dortmund's DLP...albeit, not as good as de Rossi/Modic etc. but he's still very young.

I'm coming at an angle of 'future-proofing' the team, but I understand what you say about Modric. He's probably the most realistic acquisition and he's a decent balance between both players in terms of age and experience. The PL experience is massive.

The number of people dropping Oscar from their teams ... just wow.

Shocking indeed but there is the problem of his best position. That's influenced some people's judgement

720865_Chelsea.jpg

Cabaye on the back of a woeful season? No thanks.