Post your Chelsea team

Shocking indeed but there is the problem of his best position. That's influenced some people's judgement

Cabaye on the back of a woeful season? No thanks.

Judging a player based on 1 bad season? :doh:

Then I gotta wonder your reasoning to include De Rossi when he hasn't been in any great form for ages now.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocking indeed but there is the problem of his best position. That's influenced some people's judgement

AFAIC, the 'problem of his best position' can only be in the context of how good he is wherever he's played. Central attacker? Check. Left wing? Check. Right wing? Check. Centre midfield? Check.

Judging a player based on 1 bad season? :doh:

Then I gotta wonder your reasoning to include De Rossi when he hasn't been in any great form for ages now.

de Rossi - 12mil is a big factor

Cabaye hasn't had one good game this season. double groin surgeries and he's never been the same. woeful passing - a major component in his game

AFAIC, the 'problem of his best position' can only be in the context of how good he is wherever he's played. Central attacker? Check. Left wing? Check. Right wing? Check. Centre midfield? Check.

But you wouldn't expect fans to put Oscar on the wing ahead of di Maria/Schurrle etc and he hasn't played enough at CM. Sunderland game, Reading for a few mins, where else? That's affecting perception. I want him in CM though just to be clear

But you wouldn't expect fans to put Oscar on the wing ahead of di Maria/Schurrle etc and he hasn't played enough at CM. Sunderland game, Reading for a few mins, where else? That's affecting perception. I want him in CM though just to be clear

1. Why not? On our right in particular, the advanced midfielder isn't even a true winger. Azpilicueta is a massive support. Schurrle isn't even a right winger, he's in the Hazard mould. He isn't going to force Hazard on to the other flank. Di maria - fair enough. Are we even linked though?

2. He's played sizable minutes at CM; just not started there enough. When we're chasing games or looking to bring some sort of control/composure in the middle, he is the one Benitez turned to for filling that role.

de Rossi - 12mil is a big factor

So, you are basically saying that we should buy De Rossi because he is cheap and not actually judging his past form and performances?

Cabaye hasn't had one good game this season. double groin surgeries and he's never been the same. woeful passing - a major component in his game

Again, you are basically just judging Cabaye on 1 bad season. Yes, I don't deny he has struggled this season. His injury problems and personal issues have not helped but some players go through these things sometimes. Does that mean he has gone downhill? No. Cabaye was excellent in 11/12 season. And let's not forget that generally, Newcastle have been awful this season as well.

Again, you are basically just judging Cabaye on 1 bad season. Yes, I don't deny he has struggled this season. His injury problems and personal issues have not helped but some players go through these things sometimes. Does that mean he has gone downhill? No. And let's not forget that generally, Newcastle have been awful this season as well.

It's generally not a good idea to buy a player who was awful the previous season for whatever reason unless it's a bargain..

I wouldn't mind a bid for former fan favourite Vermaelen who gets written off after 1 bad season. I wouldn't mind Cabaye either if the price is right.

So, you are basically saying that we should buy De Rossi because he is cheap and not actually judging his past form and performances?

Again, you are basically just judging Cabaye on 1 bad season. Yes, I don't deny he has struggled this season. His injury problems and personal issues have not helped but some players go through these things sometimes. Does that mean he has gone downhill? No. Cabaye was excellent in 11/12 season. And let's not forget that generally, Newcastle have been awful this season as well.

No because I rate de Rossi's work as a deep midfielder. Teams usually try and counter-attack Chelsea and so the pivot should be defensively strong. de Rossi edges it over ther others like Modric for that

As for Cabaye, it's not like I don't rate Cabaye but I just think there are much better options than him.

It's generally not a good idea to buy a player who was awful the previous season for whatever reason unless it's a bargain..

I wouldn't mind a bid for former fan favourite Vermaelen who gets written off after 1 bad season. I wouldn't mind Cabaye either if the price is right.

That's the general thing but doesn't mean we have to go along with that. Gotta evaluate the circumstances as to why that player has had a bad season. In Cabaye's case, his form was affected by the injuries and own personal problem and could even include Newcastle's poor form into the matter here. It's not like he was injury free all season, played most games but his level of performances have dropped. Then that would be a different issue altogether. This can't exactly be said for De Rossi though.

No because I rate de Rossi's work as a deep midfielder. Teams usually try and counter-attack Chelsea and so the pivot should be defensively strong. de Rossi edges it over ther others like Modric for that

De Rossi may be defensively strong (and comparing him with Modric is just wrong) but I wouldn't take him especially he has been in poor form for seasons now. And not to mention, he would be someone that commands high wages.

As for Cabaye, it's not like I don't rate Cabaye but I just think there are much better options than him.

Cabaye is an underrated player. Excellent passer and vision in him. Maybe because he just doesn't look flashy or anything like that and people don't really take note of him.

And so much for this eh? :lol:

No opinions. No discussion. No transfer fees but don't be very unrealistic like including Bale, Ronaldo. Don't consider confirmed transfers either - Gotze, Moutinho etc.

Funnily enough, it was an admin who first broke that rule :D

(Looking at you Alex)

Well, Alex has never bothered adhering to rules, not when he has the Thor hammer! :lol:

And TBF, when you said 'no opinions. no discussion', it could mean that we aren't supposed to have discussion with others, agreeing or disagreeing with them through our own opinions about the team. You were like basically saying we are free to post what we want without thinking/worrying anybody come firing at you.