Spike

1 hour ago, the wes said:

I can't see mourinho going for lukaku mourinho couldn't wait to get rid off him at chelseaΒ 

He binned Mata as well yet managed to get along with him just fine at United. I don't think he'd have a problem going for Lukaku now.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

He binned Mata as well yet managed to get along with him just fine at United. I don't think he'd have a problem going for Lukaku now.

I just dont get that one thing. Mata here got so impatient, decided to leave, despite all the history he made and his "love" for Chelsea. Yet in United, he gets along, doesnt complain, keeps saying he wants to stay etc etc, despite he is not first choice either.

Same for Sturridge. He wanted to leave us in order to get more playtime. Sure he got plenty injuries, but even when fit, he is not in first plans for Klopp. And he doesnt say a word.

It feels as if we cant convince certain players to play smaller role. Dont know why tho? Maybe Mata thinks United is such big club and he likes it even if he doesnt play that much.Β 

We need bigger dragging power to kick into players heads to stay here even if they dont play that much, even if they are quite good players.

Its obvious Danny and Mata wouldnt be first options, but having them on bench would be nice. With all the strikers coming in and out since Danny left, who knows, he might get more playtime if he was patient.

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I just dont get that one thing. Mata here got so impatient, decided to leave, despite all the history he made and his "love" for Chelsea. Yet in United, he gets along, doesnt complain, keeps saying he wants to stay etc etc, despite he is not first choice either.

Same for Sturridge. He wanted to leave us in order to get more playtime. Sure he got plenty injuries, but even when fit, he is not in first plans for Klopp. And he doesnt say a word.

It feels as if we cant convince certain players to play smaller role. Dont know why tho? Maybe Mata thinks United is such big club and he likes it even if he doesnt play that much.Β 

We need bigger dragging power to kick into players heads to stay here even if they dont play that much, even if they are quite good players.

Its obvious Danny and Mata wouldnt be first options, but having them on bench would be nice. With all the strikers coming in and out since Danny left, who knows, he might get more playtime if he was patient.

Mata, whilst being at ManU, knows he's not going to be first-choice at any top club. He was one here until Mourinho showed up.Β 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

There's one difference though - Mata is already a well developed player while Lukaku isn't yet. Is Mourinho willing to develop the latter? I doubt it and Mourinho always has an experienced striker to lead the line of his team.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

There's one difference though - Mata is already a well developed player while Lukaku isn't yet. Is Mourinho willing to develop the latter? I doubt it and Mourinho always has an experienced striker to lead the line of his team.

True. Although he did play Rashford a whole lot this season and he's just as raw as Lukaku is. Maybe they keep Zlatan around for another year and mentor whichever new striker they buy?Β 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

True. Although he did play Rashford a whole lot this season and he's just as raw as Lukaku is. Maybe they keep Zlatan around for another year and mentor whichever new striker they buy?Β 

Did he have a choice though? Besides Zlatan, there's no one else that can do a job for them and Mourinho doesn't even fancy Martial.

The only player I can imagine United going in for now is Lacazette. I just can't see who else is available unless Bayern completely change the way they usually work and accept a mega bid for Lewandowski.Β 

Or just maybe, they'll go into the season with the exact same strike force, bar a wild card nobody expects to do much. I think those are the most likely scenarios especially when you consider Jason's point about Jose probably not being willing to develop a player.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did he have a choice though? Besides Zlatan, there's no one else that can do a job for them and Mourinho doesn't even fancy Martial.

If not Griezmann, I'm just not sure there are that many options for them. Or anyone after a topΒ striker for that matter. Every top team after one will be looking at the same small pool of options. Lukaku, Morata, Belotti...

Worst case scenario is they turn their attention to Sanchez.Β :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

If not Griezmann, I'm just not sure there are that many options for them. Or anyone after a topΒ striker for that matter. Every top team after one will be looking at the same small pool of options. Lukaku, Morata, Belotti...

Worst case scenario is they turn their attention to Sanchez.Β :ph34r:

If ibra stays another year they might just wait on for griezmann

Can someone more educated in transfer bans enlighten me. Does it only ban them from signing players or registering? For example could we not swap Diego + cash for Griezz? or does the problem lay in then registering Diego as a member of Atletico? forgive my ignorance just trying to think outside the box:lol:Β 

Can someone more educated in transfer bans enlighten me. Does it only ban them from signing players or registering? For example could we not swap Diego + cash for Griezz? or does the problem lay in then registering Diego as a member of Atletico? forgive my ignorance just trying to think outside the box[emoji38]Β 

They can sell, but can't register new players. A swap deal isn't possible unless it's just a pre-contract agreement (Turan & Vidal at Barca from example).

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Β 

They can sell, but can't register new players. A swap deal isn't possible unless it's just a pre-contract agreement (Turan & Vidal at Barca from example).

Β 

thank you, that is what i initially thought but was trying to be hopefulΒ :lol:

5 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Mata, whilst being at ManU, knows he's not going to be first-choice at any top club. He was one here until Mourinho showed up.Β 

And perhaps Juan knew that United wanted him, knew that there was somewhere more attractive than Chelsea's bench he could go. Perhaps the situation is different now.

• 3 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.
Γ—
Γ—

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You