Spike

14 minutes ago, Artandur said:

If he truly stays this summer at Atletico, even when ManUtd swing by with a 100 million cheque and he refuses Or even us, he gets a lot of respect from me for staying loyal to Atletico and Simeone (if he even stays)

We all know Pogba only moved from a BIG Juventus team to this joke of an United side for the money. United fans claiming he went back to United because he "loves the club" should look up for the reason he originally left them 5 years ago: money. 

14 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

If he truly stays this summer at Atletico, even when ManUtd swing by with a 100 million cheque and he refuses Or even us, he gets a lot of respect from me for staying loyal to Atletico and Simeone (if he even stays)

We all know Pogba only moved from a BIG Juventus team to this joke of an United side for the money. United fans claiming he went back to United because he "loves the club" should look up for the reason he originally left them 5 years ago: money. 

To be fair to Paul United are his academy club. They are also in the PL which is considered the best league in the world. No one expects Dybala to say at Juve if he keep his current form either. 

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Only fans of the PL think the PL is the best league in the world. It shouldn't have four CL spots anymore.

Can't argue with that. Think the PL biggest issue is the smaller teams parking the bus so often. Idk

14 hours ago, Spike said:

Only fans of the PL think the PL is the best league in the world. It shouldn't have four CL spots anymore.

In terms of quality, it is unarguably true that The Premier League is not the best in the world. I think however that Premier League fans get a bad wrap in this regard due to imprecise use of language.

Many describe the English league as the "best" but few, if any, mean that in terms of its quality. Sometimes people are referring to the league's undoubted popularity, and sometimes, rightly or wrongly, they are expressing the opinion that the league is the most interesting. If you tell me that it would sound less arrogant, and more grounded in reality, if we all gave up the shorthand and used language more accurately, I could not argue with you. That said, I neither know, nor know of, anyone who thinks the Premier League contains the best players, in the best teams, playing the best football. In that sense, I think it would be wrong to imagine that there are people who genuinely believe those things. If there are any, then they are a tiny, tiny minority.

Clearly England's entitlement to four Champions League places is based more on our clubs' exploits in the not so distant past, than it is on their current efforts. Equally clearly therefore the fourth place will be lost unless we buck up our ideas. For those who, like me, have an emotional commitment to this league, it matters a great deal that we should.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

PSG doing quite well in the Champions League, so Ligue 1 is a stronger league than the PL? I  think you have to look at 20 teams, not only 2-3. In the Premier League even the worst teams have great players and each team is dangerous. In Italy, the bottom 4-5 teams are a joke, also in Spain. You can't compare Crotone or Granada to Swansea.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

We are 10 points clear... Real aren't, PSG aren't and Bayern are 7 off.

Are we also becoming a tinpot league? lol!

8 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

PSG doing quite well in the Champions League, so Ligue 1 is a stronger league than the PL? I  think you have to look at 20 teams, not only 2-3. In the Premier League even the worst teams have great players and each team is dangerous. In Italy, the bottom 4-5 teams are a joke, also in Spain. You can't compare Crotone or Granada to Swansea.

Ridiculous Strawman fallacy. I said nothing of the sorts.

In Spain goal differential isn't counted that is why more blowouts occur; I certainly do believe that Granada could give Swansea a run for their money because quite frankly; Swansea has been absolute rubbish this season. Why would a team bother to risk injury or exhaustion against Real Madrid when a 2-0 score is equivalent to 10-0? This fact coupled with easier to get yellow and red cards makes it apparent that the 'gap' between the top of Spain and the bottom is more than just talent. Spain is definitely rigged to benefit the better teams.

6 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

We are 10 points clear... Real aren't, PSG aren't and Bayern are 7 off.

Are we also becoming a tinpot league? lol!

Another ridiculous Strawman.

• 2 weeks later...

14 hours ago, Fernando said:

Great player but I can't see where we can fit him in are 3-4-3 formation I rather chelsea go for Sanchez or B.sliva 

Good weather merchant.

To explain: he had multiple interviews where he said that he might not come to England because the overall weather here is poor and he doesn't like rain. I don't like rain either but holy shit...what a pussy.

I know he's from mid-France and lived in Spain most of his life but...come on mate what sort of professional is he? 

Shows how much of a primadonna's footballers are nowadays. Big pussies. 

8 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Good weather merchant.

To explain: he had multiple interviews where he said that he might not come to England because the overall weather here is poor and he doesn't like rain. I don't like rain either but holy shit...what a pussy.

I know he's from mid-France and lived in Spain most of his life but...come on mate what sort of professional is he? 

Shows how much of a primadonna's footballers are nowadays. Big pussies. 

They wouldn't last a day over here. Pussies indeed, but on the other hand if you took me out of my normal climate and put me in some constantly dry hot weather I wouldn't probably play as well. One point we must understand is that those types of players have the luxury to choose where they play, it's not all only about football, it's also about quality of life. They are mega rich, spoilt and living dream lives and if they feel they wouldn't be as happy in a different climate then they have every right to choose the path that increases their quality of life. I don't know if that makes sense to you. I also consider people like that pussies because I am used to shitty weather, but then I think if I had to consider living in Australia climate would be a big factor in my decision because I can't stand heat. Maybe it's the same with them and rain/cold.

• 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You