Spike

13 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

We have as much chance as United if they miss on top 4 finish. 

We aren't going to offer Atletico stupid money like Utd will. A potential swap deal or nothing is how I see our chances.

24 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We aren't going to offer Atletico stupid money like Utd will. A potential swap deal or nothing is how I see our chances.

Believe it or not United don't have unlimited budget. Them missing on Champions League is huge. Apparently even 80m£. Their debt is growing due to Brexit. And sometimes I think we know nothing about money involved in transfers. If Chelsea put an offer then that's because there's realistic chance of transfer. I think we have as much chance as them, well if we really want him and they miss on top 4 then I put us as frontrunners. I don't know if we really want him that much. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Believe it or not United don't have unlimited budget. Them missing on Champions League is huge. Apparently even 80m£. Their debt is growing due to Brexit. And sometimes I think we know nothing about money involved in transfers. If Chelsea put an offer then that's because there's realistic chance of transfer. I think we have as much chance as them, well if we really want him and they miss on top 4 then I put us as frontrunners. I don't know if we really want him that much. 

The Glazers have been in debt for years, but that hasn't stopped them from Di Maria/Pogba deals. 

I doubt he's someone the club are still interested in. A CF (Lukaku or Morata) is the most likely acquisition. 

8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

The Glazers have been in debt for years, but that hasn't stopped them from Di Maria/Pogba deals. 

United executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said the other day there will not be a major squad overhaul with utd in the summer if thats the case I can't see utd spending huge money on Griezmann 

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

United executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said the other day there will not be a major squad overhaul with utd in the summer if thats the case I can't see utd spending huge money on Griezmann 

Depends how he means 'major' I suppose. He may mean it in the sense of numbers, not of budget. One signing, at huge cost, may therefore fit within his definition of no major overhaul.

On 08/02/2017 at 4:14 PM, zekinjo said:

I wouldn't say "small team"... 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/03/manchester-united-squad-most-expensive-history

Atleti is probably the only club in the world taking players out of the hat and creating top players and selling some of them while constantly making a good results. That's the definition of a top club.

This would make Atleti the only 'top' club in the world which makes that definition hard to work with. :)

17 minutes ago, the wes said:

It does not make sense for united to make major changes, the teams is loaded at every position. Maybe a left back (if they move shaw) and a cm to replace carrick and that's it

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I doubt he's someone the club are still interested in. A CF (Lukaku or Morata) is the most likely acquisition. 

There aren't many links and he's not worth the money quoted. Would like his signing just for excitement, for the fact that we can compete with the big boys. Obviously he's very good and he'd be my signing for right-side forward regardless of money but if club pass on this they can't be blamed. But I simply don't want another underwhelming signing that we have concerns about from the start and being absolutely fed up 6 months in.

They really don't need an overhaul as such, but actual quality. I can see them getting rid of a few big earners (Rooney being the main one) and once again splashing out on a marquee signing.

There aren't many links and he's not worth the money quoted. Would like his signing just for excitement, for the fact that we can compete with the big boys. Obviously he's very good and he'd be my signing for right-side forward regardless of money but if club pass on this they can't be blamed. But I simply don't want another underwhelming signing that we have concerns about from the start and being absolutely fed up 6 months in.

I'm with you. We need a ready made player to fill either a potential CF void or a RWF. We've bought poorly on the grand scheme of things when it comes to the latter.

I would prefer Dybala over  Griezmann.

A level of quality between the two there is no story, I just watch the games and ball control, dribbling, genius, vision of the game, the shot, the set pieces, the ability to make assists, to speak Dybala, griezz is better only in entries

9 hours ago, the wes said:

LOL! If he doesn't like the weather here and the rain, Manchester should be the last shit city to move to! 

18 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Remember ManUtd fans slagging us and the City fans for signing mercenary players?

Any way, Griezmann is not world class, not worth 100m and a pussy.

Most footballers are pussies nowadays  when i use to play football  has a kid I use to love playing football in the rain 

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

Most footballers are pussies nowadays  when i use to play football  has a kid I use to love playing football in the rain 

Indeed mate same goes for challenges and tackling. Remember a player like Jaap Stam, there is no modern day counterpart of a defender like him. A no-nonsense defender.

On 16/02/2017 at 10:25 AM, BoyBlue96 said:

Indeed mate same goes for challenges and tackling. Remember a player like Jaap Stam, there is no modern day counterpart of a defender like him. A no-nonsense defender.

Stop this nostalgia bs, there are tons: Azpilicueta, Cahill, Pepe, Mascherano...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You