Jase

Man of the Match  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness Luiz was lucky to be on the pitch to score that free-kick, but Sturridge and Suarez should've been off on Sunday so maybe these things have evened themselves out.

Overall, wasteful. Should've been 3-0 at least and Torres had a shocker. Everyone else put in good performances to be honest, although Cech's distribution was appalling. Azpi seems to be back in form and it was never a penalty. Ivanovic and Terry were solid at both ends and Ashley's return was fantastic. Sometimes easy to forget how good he is.

Lamps distributed well and got in the box well whilst Luiz was a hard-working yet calm presence alongside him. Hazard worked hard behind a striker who gave him absolutely nothing, Rami put in a decent shift and Moses was at his direct-running best again.

So all in all, a solid performance with a bevy of wasted chances.....again. The tie should be over although I don't know what else Basel can really bring to the Bridge and Benitez rotated the squad well enough that we should be able to carry this momentum into Sunday with players like Moses and Terry pushing for a start.

Terrible refereeing. Luiz maybe should have been sent off and the penalty was the most ridiculous of all the absurd penalty calls against us in the EL so far and they are like every damn match. Still, with David's brilliant FK we came on top and that's the important thing.

What a beautiful and awsome night. Fenerbahce and Chelsea have won. My two favorite Teams in the FInal would be a dream for me.

would love this, too. Fener and us have a little history together, their fans are really passionat and it would make a great final. I somehow also fear Benfica a bit more tbh

wow what a game.

It all balanced out in the end if you ask me. Yes Luiz scored (thank God) but Luiz could have easily been sent off for his tackle on that guy (forgot his name), but wasnt. So atleast we caught a break there.

With having said that i do still feel a bit angered at the fact that although we won, this has been the what, the 3/4 penalty given against us?! Like come on now.......

For me MOTM was Ivan, was solid all around. Probably should have gotten that goal that moses nicked and also an assist that JT should have put in the back of the net.

well, its on to the next one.

Genuinely can't believe the standard of refereeing in this competition. Just glad that yet another abysmal ref didn't cost us the win.

"we were better"

- basel player valentin stocker in german tv :D

He must've been playing in a different game.

The love I have for Luiz, unreal, what a guy.

I thought he was great today simply because he stayed within himself and played excellently as a holding midfielder - he rarely went forward, kept possession ticking and fought excellently for the ball, and to top it off scores the winner with virtually the last kick of the game.

Yeah his challenge was quite nasty but he didn't mean it IMO. Regardless, I think your team sometimes needs a little bit of nastiness - I'm not condoning what he did but I just love the tenacity he shows.

Luiz my man of the match, followed by Moses who was excellent in the first half, and then Hazard who showed flashes of what he can do as a number 10. Hazard wasn't as sharp as he could've been but it was a promising performance - it means we potentially have three great players who can play number 10 - and it's exactly why the Schurrle transfer makes sense to me. We can easily play Schurrle - Hazard - Moses if we need to rest Oscar and Mata and if we really want to have a direct team; all three run at defenders, have pace etc.

I really don't know what to say about Torres.

Oh and btw, these UEFA refs have really been terrible against us penalty wise. That's three games in a row now.

Good game and I'm glad we grabbed our deserved win in the end. Credit to Rafa as well for picking a nice team, has to be said.