Basel 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I was just so confident we were going to win this one and I'm glad we did. I'm rarely optimistic but it had me feeling good this time.

I think their previous games have, for whatever reasons, been blown out of proportion a bit.

Tottenham are Tottenham. I do not care if they are on par with us when it comes to league football these days :mouthclosed: , they are absolutely nothing to us when it comes to Europe. Manchester United were simply awful in Europe in general when they faced Basel, and blah blah. (Also didn't they have Shaqiri back then?) Anyway, point is - They are not a great collective of top-notch individuals but are indeed a very good team. They work well especially when Dragovic is playing as his determination seems to rub off onto other players, but he's now suspended of course for the Stamford Bridge game, meaning we should have this in the bag as he plays a huge part in their team spirit on the field.

I can't even see us conceding when they come to London personally and can see us winning by 3 or more goals. The fact that they choked in the biggest game of their history just last night makes me feel like the psychological difference between our team and theirs is so great that they'll crumble like a fine cheese while we play with the elegance of wine as we send them back to Switzerland and pack our bags for Amsterdam.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was straight red card mate. If Mata would get tackled like that whole forum would gone mad.

I wouldn't surprise if the ref shows the red card to be honest, because it looks like a nasty tackle and I'm sure it hurts a lot!

However, the truth was, Luiz swung his foot to clear/pass the ball, when his foot was still in the air the opponent was charging forward then contact was made. Unfortunate incident but there's nothing Luiz could do to avoid the contact except chopping his leg off.

It wasn't even a foul, but I don't blame the yellow card or even a red because in that split second it's very hard to judge.

nzvWMaf.jpg

Roger Federer wearing the half-scarf just makes me happy

i heard he was in the stadium scouting for an unbelievable tennis talent... some1 who simply never hits the net under any condition... yes u all guessed it right

FERNANDO TROLLES...

Hazard man of the match by quite some distance. Mata is undroppable in the "number 10" role but Eden has showed that he can be a real threat there when Mata needs a rest. I think Mata's fitness is not the best so it's good to know that Hazard has 'playmaker' in his locker

Hi Chelseas !

I told you i'll come back ;)

First of all i have to say: Congrats for a deserved win! You were better and we didn't have a good evening!

Penalty for us was a joke...i have to be honest....on the other side Luiz should have seen the red card after his foul on Degen!

I hope you had a good experience in Basel...and we're already looking forward to the 2nd leg at Stamf.Bridge.

We still got some hope...as now we have nothing to lose and we know how to score in UK.....and i think we will play stronger than in Basel! If we can score first....everything is possible! :) (let me dream)

again....congrats......

Greetings from Basel to the Blues