Is Torres still fixable?

As we all know, the reason the board or Mr Abramovich chose Benitez is to "fix" our Mr 50M pounds. However, the wish is fantastic, finally we got a man who knows how to use Torres, but the reality can not be worse.

Our Mr 50M pounds is suffering another goal drought of 13 hours and it's highly likely to be continued. In the game against Middlesbrough, he avoids physical contact like plague, which he has been doing for the past 2 years.

Carlo Ancelotti, AVB and RDM are balmed for not knowing how to use Torres correctly, thus they all get sacked, but Rafa seems not to know how to use Torres either.

To be honest, I havelost faith on Fernando completely . Every single time he is on pitch, we fight as 10 vs 12, yes, he exists as an undercover of the opponents.

As we all know his contract is not expired until 2016 which means we still have to look for managers that can "use" or "fix" Torres. Considering his big wages that few clubs can afford, even they can, they won't buy him, he is very likely to stay until his contract expires. I'm afraid of our next manager, whoever will be, will get axed for failing letting Torres start scoring consistently. I'm afraid at the end of the day no reputable manager that are willing to take over the club.

What are your guys' thoughts on this?

It's the first time I post here and please forgive my poor English as it's just my second language.

I'm a fan from China and there are thousands of blues at far east.

This is the forum we use to talk about Chelsea.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=chelsea&fr=ala0

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your English was not poor at all!!!

Torres seems to be beyond fixing....Sometimes there is a glimmer of the old Torres but its like finding water in a drought. I didn't want to give up on him but each match his influence seems to inhibit Chelsea more and more. I personally think that he should retire or at least transfer to another club (Spain might be nice) because I'm sure even he can notice the growing frustration fans have with him.

No. The problem is physical. His knees are ruined. Speaking as someone whose knees are gone, you simply don't get that level of explosiveness back. He could still be a passable striker in the right team/system (mid-table or say Spain) but Chelsea and Torres have to part ways. The whole thing is toxic.

I think the club has tried all possible remedies even to the point of hurting the club, from playing him as a lone striker, changing formations, letting go of drogba, adding creative players behind him, giving him trust and relentless support from the supporters, to even hiring benitez(if you believe that one the main reason he was hired was also to get nando firing). But so far he has not repaid the club but rather screwed us over with his horrible allround play and measly 7 goals in the league, he rarely makes good runs that frees other players, he losses the ball 70% of the time he dribbles at an opponent and he has lost his cutting edge in terms of finishing, not to mention the speed he has lost after that knee injury that he used so well to get behind the opposition defense. Sad to say that 50m pounds has been wasted... the best thing he could do for the club who gave so much faith in him is to leave and get his massive wage off the books

Think about this people - fifty million pounds. That's 7 zeros. I mean fifty million... come on! That's too much for anything other than benefiting the planet or philanthropy. It's actually disgusting to comprehend. Why the fuck is this kind of money wasted on footballers? Shit footballers even more. Torres in his prime was never worth this kind of sum, not to mention January 2011.

Nah though i think we should give Nando one last chance if we were able to bring the special one back

...maybe just maybe

Fuck no, Mourinho is good but not this good. We don't want another sheva situation over his head.

Fuck no, Mourinho is good but not this good. We don't want another sheva situation over his head.

Yeah that is exactly what i was thinking also but i think Torres would be quick to get the punt if it never worked under Mourinho within the first few months.

I think the club has tried all possible remedies even to the point of hurting the club, from playing him as a lone striker, changing formations, letting go of drogba, adding creative players behind him, giving him trust and relentless support from the supporters, to even hiring benitez(if you believe that one the main reason he was hired was also to get nando firing). But so far he has not repaid the club but rather screwed us over with his horrible allround play and measly 7 goals in the league, he rarely makes good runs that frees other players, he losses the ball 70% of the time he dribbles at an opponent and he has lost his cutting edge in terms of finishing, not to mention the speed he has lost after that knee injury that he used so well to get behind the opposition defense. Sad to say that 50m pounds has been wasted... the best thing he could do for the club who gave so much faith in him is to leave and get his massive wage off the books

I hope Atheletico Madrid will bring him back in the summer.