Is Torres still fixable?

If we had a time machine and got him before he was crap then ya.But signing him for a crazy amount when he wasnt exactly playing amazing was a bad idea..to many oooo he's good moments then oooo that was false hope the real Torres is back

Time to admit another mistake and move on

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was as confident as I am when playing badminton, he'd be even worse. I am by far the worst badminton player this world has ever seen but lets be honest, at least my knees still work fully though Nando :Goober:

Hes beyond repair though, that sprinter guy should work with him for a bit tbh see if he can get his pace back as Roman won't cut him loose yet.... he should also get some sort of mental fitness coach because his confidence before big games, in fact in any games, clearly doesn't exist.

His fall reminds me of myself when I was playing Sunday League footy. I wasn't the best but there was a point where I realised I had the pace to destroy defenders, not only did I score a lot of goals but I felt like the main man in the team. When it got to u16-17, physically other players started catching up and I wasn't as good. There were points where I went a while without scoring or helping in any significant way, resulting in a lack of confidence and self belief. You don't get into the positions to score because you've convinced yourself you will fail. It's a bad mentality to have but I'd imagine a lot of players are like this.

I don't think you can fix Torres at Chelsea. The pressure is too much for him and I doubt scoring a few goals helps either, he just needs to be somewhere else.

I think Torres is one of the worst strikers in the best 4 leagues in Europe. maybe not in worst 10 but he's in a bad spot. And its the 3rd season in a row for him in that 'form', so my answer would be a stong "no". Rumors and fans talk about him included in the deal for Falcao, Torres wont be a first choise stiker in Atletico and definitely wont find a much better form than he "founded" here this season. (for that reason, i dont think he'll be included in that sort of deal because Atletico will have to find another striker, probably a big name who also play like one).

Just give up... He clearly has. The sooner he's sold the better.

We can't sell because nobody wants him that much (if at all) and we can't give him away either because nobody will pay him the remainder of his contract. The only chance of him 'leaving' is on a long-term loan while Chelsea pays the majority of his wages ala Shevchenko, Crespo etc or Chelsea will try to 'break' him like Malouda and let him rot in the reserves for the next few years trying to force him out. My guess is that he stays for the next three years because he won't be earning 185k per week ever again.

Nope, and sometimes I feel very sorry for him because as Semia+7 has correctly said, his mind was never in the right place to a. Leave Liverpool or b. Be successful at Chelsea with that £50million price tag.

I think he still has a future in football but I don't believe it's at Chelsea, nor even in England. If Torres does need to feel comfortable there's only one place he can do that, where he grew up, Athletico Madrid. But there's probably still some grievances El Nino has with their board, if they can make that right then he can still be used there.

I'm not even proposing a trade for Falcao, because I don't want the Colombian. But selling to Madrid is in the best interest of all parties.