Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always tried not to judge Benitez by his public image and attempted to distinguish that from his ability as coach, but his lineup once again shows that he got neither clue nor the nuts for the job. I mean Bertrand and Mata???? Mata's tired as fuck and the more he plays gets more likely to pick up an injury, Bertrand was abysmal last game as was Oscar. One sometimes has to change a system that is not running. Alter the formation, put faith in Marin or whatever but try something that is not out of the text book which has won us nothing so far.

I always tried not to judge Benitez by his public image and attempted to distinguish that from his ability as coach, but his lineup once again shows that he got neither clue nor the nuts for the job. I mean Bertrand and Mata???? Mata's tired as fuck and the more he plays gets more likely to pick up an injury, Bertrand was abysmal last game as was Oscar. One sometimes has to change a system that is not running. Alter the formation, put faith in Marin or whatever but try something that is not out of the text book which has won us nothing so far.

If Mata does not start is he going to get flamed by the fans.

I don't see why anyone "above" would think that. They just see a Left back with lots of pace and doing the same thing ashley cole has done his whole career but further up the pitch. I get the theory, as it seems like a good idea. The beneifts of a winger with the benefits of a defensive player as well, but it just doesn't really work in practice. But other than Marin we have no other options to play there, so i think that decision could maybe be excused... Hazard and Moses returning can't come soon enough. I have missed our belgian magician, and Moses gives us something we don't have... Anyone know when his ETA is?

Same here, but I'm in a state of disbelief. Like you said, the idea which sounds plausible hasn't worked on the pitch. Yet here he is on the wing again.

And I think Moses will be probably two weeks (if you include the time the club will give to players returning from the AFCON) away from playing again. Could be less depending on how well Drogba does against Nigeria.

what do you think of Nucastle French revolution?

IMO the French league has proven to be the EPLs most reliable feeder league esp with the influx of physical, African-based mids and strikers and if I were in Newcastle's situation I'd probably also turn to Ligue 1 to grab some cheap quality players. Whether they can make a direct impact or not remains to be seen. I do not know all of their new signings, but Sissoko is a beast, very much like Yaya Toure or the Bison.

Mata has to start. with no moses and hazard, if mata doesn't play then our chance of winning goes way down.

Townsend very much like Adam Johnson.

His long shots are pretty impressive I got to say. but other than that, his crossing sometimes are a little subpar, (maybe because makie or zamora didn't make the most of it)