Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal

Jase

Man of the Match  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

That was just an example, there was a few chances where his decision making was nuts. Though I'll admit it is harsh, as without him i think we would of been hopeless.

That's two good games for him against Arsenal now, he seems to love playing against them. One thing you can't deny is Ramires's commitment to the team, Ramires is a difficult player to work out, but i will say he's inconsistent, but he's consistent. Like I've never seen him have a shocker once, his worst game I've seen was against Napoli, when him and Meireles where getting skinned all over and we lost 3-1. However Ramires has such a consistent mentallity that he never gives up, ad because of his pace he can always get himself back into the game regardless of how many mistakes he's made. Though his technical abillity is what's inconsistent, he will pull out wonders like his goal and assist against Barcelona, then he will pull off the worst crosses in history and completely ruin a great and easy chance.

His dribbling is weird also, he seems to be so useless with skill, then he will go and take on two man city defenders then place it past Joe Hart...

You are being way too harsh. Not because the things you said arent true, but because you cant have such high expectations like if Rambo was a superb world class player. He is a limited overall player, but he does a very good job on role he is supposed to and he also works really hard.

I have said this already, Lampard is going to LA and we need a top CM (Deep Lying Playmaker) to balance what we have with Ramires. In games where you need tackling and speed you play Rambo and in games where you need better ball control, vision and skills you use the new player. With the players we have right now we are very limited and this causes us to expect more from our players than they can offer. I would love for Rambo to be blended with Fernandinho, but it just wont happen. He still an important player to the team, no matter what.

I think we wouldnt win without Ramires. He had his mistakes (but no one said it was a perfect game), but his upsides were greater today.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ramires is actually a very good dribbler, def the best dribbler out of all our CMs. He had a shocking miss today but I don't even think his decision making is bad, I actually think more often than not it's very very good. But he has his flaws as people have pointed out horrible first touch and just not good enough to help control a game in the middle of the pitch.

You are being way too harsh. Not because the things you said arent true, but because you cant have such high expectations like if Rambo was a superb world class player. He is a limited overall player, but he does a very good job on role he is supposed to and he also works really hard.

I have said this already, Lampard is going to LA and we need a top CM (Deep Lying Playmaker) to balance what we have with Ramires. In games where you need tackling and speed you play Rambo and in games where you need better ball control, vision and skills you use the new player. With the players we have right now we are very limited and this causes us to expect more from our players than they can offer. I would love for Rambo to be blended with Fernandinho, but it just wont happen. He still an important player to the team, no matter what.

I think we wouldnt win without Ramires. He had his mistakes (but no one said it was a perfect game), but his upsides were greater today.

I think a better pairing for rambo should be a player in the mold of carrick/xabi alonso, somebody who can let Ramires to go up and down all day. Rami really looks uncomfortable when he is played as holding midfielder and being pressed

That's two good games for him against Arsenal now, he seems to love playing against them. One thing you can't deny is Ramires's commitment to the team, Ramires is a difficult player to work out, but i will say he's inconsistent, but he's consistent.

I think cause le arse are kids & he can boss them around. Stoke or a more physical side will give Rambo a bit of problems, but he has the quality to adapt & to overcome obstacles. I like our lil' Blue Kenyan.

giroud what a clown and somebody here wanted him at chelsea because he is good looking.that could have been 2 torres :banghead:

sorry, but giroud is actually worse than torrid. At least torrid has spectacular tumbles like he did in the 2nd half. Dude did a 360 somersault. Now that's epic ;)

Considering how bad Hazard was in the beginning of the season, I think he's the best defensively out of the 3 amigos now. Does put in some work, but still went missing once or twice in the second half.

Mata is the weakest defensively. Oscar can do the job in the middle pressing, tackling and marking but on the wings I think he's completely lost. He's shockingly bad at positioning when in defense.

To be fair though, not having a midfield that can control a game also hurts all our attacking mids. Today under pressure, Hazard and Mata were clueless in posession whenever they did win it back. But that's a tough position for them, you can't expect your attacking mids to help control a game in your own half, we missed JT and Mikel.

But that first half, I downloaded it and watched it again, mmmm so sexy! I'd say our best half under Benitez, more of the same against Swansea.

From where do you download the matches ?

Ramires is awesome not only does he get in tackles but once he breaks you cant catch him. He doesn't use trickery to pass defenders but he uses a touch around them and his pace. With regards to his decision making lets not forget the pass he supplied to Drogba against Barca in the CL. He is also entitled to have a rush of blood to the head and take a shot. Yes he should of got his shot on target though, but he tried to kill the keeper and skied it. I also thought Oscar was good, he worked hard when they countered and was good with the ball. All in all it wasn't a loss and that's what counts right now.

The way Chelsea dominated in the 1st half yesterday, just poetry in motion by the 3 Amigos, I feel.

Over the years, I have not seen Chelsea playing as well as yesterday.

However, the team can not maintain such a tempo for 90 minutes. Even today, I am just riding in the sky over it.

One of the best displays of football wizardry, in my opinion.

The way Chelsea dominated in the 1st half yesterday, just poetry in motion by the 3 Amigos, I feel.

Over the years, I have not seen Chelsea playing as well as yesterday.

However, the team can not maintain such a tempo for 90 minutes. Even today, I am just riding in the sky over it.

One of the best displays of football wizardry, in my opinion.

Don't forget the glorious football we played in ancelloti's first season at chelsea :D

Despite him breaking up a lot of Arsenals play and grafting in the midfield, his shocking decision making did almost cost us.

Especially that chance where he skied it, how the fuck did he even do that? like sweet jesus.

Though fair play to him he did a lot of work and if you look at it one way, without him we might of conceded more. However I'm not convinced he should be our permanent DM, he's good but not great, should be a squad player.

Absolutely agree with this. Ramires always seems to play best when we're under pressure, yet you could make a case that it was the midfield's fault we were under so much pressure yesterday. There was a lack of composure in the double pivot, a lack of leadership which is why I almost didn't vote for him, but he worked very hard.

My problem is what we do with him going forward. Unless we plan to put ourselves under almost contant pressure in games then I think we have to look at other options.

It may sound harsh, but if he's the best player in the team then there's something wrong.