• Lampard
    • Hazard
    • Mata
    • Moses
    • Torres
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Azpilicueta(sub)
    • Marin(sub)

Refuse to vote for MOTM. In the first half had some good candidates (Luiz would have been it for me) but the second half, we were awful. Our attackers had many chances to get into space and score but did nothing. Moses was terrible, Torres was wasteful, but Mata and Hazard were also mostly useless. Rafa's substitutions were too late, but I am not going to blame managers for what is clearly a fundamentally imbalanced and squad, lacking in talent. This is the board being obsessed over individual players and ignoring massive holes in the roster and in the squad balance in order to spend insane amounts of money on the players they want.

I think most people have it in reverse. We tend to look at weak spots and want to improve those (which we do need to do) and look at those as the reason why we don't perform well. For me, the biggest problem Chelsea have is that our best players aren't good enough. Mata is our best player but I've seen him completely taken out of way too many games on the offensive end and he never offers much on the defensive end. How far will you go as a team with Mata as your best player? And after that...who is our second best player? I don't even want to think about that. I have no idea how we can spend so much money year after year and still have such a weak squad.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont understand why he didnt play the same team that played thursday???

Anyway the match was a complete waste of my time. They showed nothing, I feel sorry for the supporters that went all that way.

Another pathetic display.

Luiz at fault for the goal, charging forward like a bellend. And Torres........I hope a horrific injury finishes your career.

Interesting how we see football so differently as I thought Luiz was prob, along with Mata the best Chelsea player on the pitch (Cole had a good game too BTW). On the goal, it's difficult to know who's fault it was because we don't know what they should be doing in that situation, but one could question Cech too.

I saw Corinthians players avoiding Luiz and going for Cahill every time. There have been articles in Brazil comparing the players which mentioned how simple Cahill's game was and even Tite (Corinthians coach) has been saying he wanted to stop David's runs somehow. :) Which BTW Guerrero was doing in the second half.

WTF? Cole is the best Left back we have... You cannot say bertrand is any better. As for lamps he played in torres a few times and was ok. not great but better than a lot of others in that team. I would have played lampard in that game as well.. For me it comes down to rafa not doing anything til the 72nd min when the world and his wife saw a problem since the start of the second half. Also no oscar til late. Then rb for rb and marin is given just 6 mins? He is a 7 mil bench warmer.

Cole is not the same player he was. He's simply not consistant and really had a shocker today. You can put some of that on Hazard but it's becoming a recurring thing.

And Lamps - love the guy but he really doesn't seem to offer anything to this team now. Where was the leadership? A lot of our problems stemmed from midfield linking attack and defence and he simply wasn't very good today. Sad to say but every player has to move on eventually.

Pathetic performance all round. Not going to pick on anybody in particular because not one of them showed a real ounce of interest. Played with zero desire.

I held off buying our shirt in the hope we'd win this and I could get the CWC and UCL winners patches. But alas... All you can do is speak with your wallet. So I wont be buying anything off the club this year. Sure it's a pointless protest, but it's all you can do. They won't be getting my money until they start putting in consistent performances and playing with some heart.

Guess the previous manager couldn't do much about some of the poor results under his tenure. Who knew..

This has been a season filled with embarrasments and it's only December. I expected a bumpy ride but I didn't expect the bumps to be this big.

I can only hope the men in charge have their eyes open and recognize our faults. Haha who am I kidding. They'll probably buy Falcao and think all our problems are solved.

This is not good.

Cole is not the same player he was. He's simply not consistant and really had a shocker today. You can put some of that on Hazard but it's becoming a recurring thing.

And Lamps - love the guy but he really doesn't seem to offer anything to this team now. Where was the leadership? A lot of our problems stemmed from midfield linking attack and defence and he simply wasn't very good today. Sad to say but every player has to move on eventually.

True, but i am saying we don't have a replacement for cole yet. Bertrand has looked bad tbh when at left back against top quality opposition. Lampard and ramires isn't a great pivot and we have all known that for a long time. On the leadership, yeah it was maybe lacking but no more so than usual. Lets be honest there is only one captain of this football club that looks and acts like an amazing captain.

Only thing i blame Rafa for is his poor team selection.His selection was aimed at pacifying the fan boiis who cannot digest their food without Lampard and Cole.TBH and i hope the board has the same view and the two mentioned are not offered a new contract.Not because they are no longer useful but because they and british media puts too much pressure on the manager to start them every important match which they do not deserve.

the worst and the most childish post ever...

Interesting how we see football so differently as I thought Luiz was prob, along with Mata the best Chelsea player on the pitch (Cole had a good game too BTW). On the goal, it's difficult to know who's fault it was because we don't know what they should be doing in that situation, but one could question Cech too.

I saw Corinthians players avoiding Luiz and going for Cahill every time. There have been articles in Brazil comparing the players which mentioned how simple Cahill's game was and even Tite (Corinthians coach) has been saying he wanted to stop David's runs somehow. :) Which BTW Guerrero was doing in the second half.

Excuse me mate, but i think we saw a different game. Mata best player on the pitch?

WTF? Cole is the best Left back we have... You cannot say bertrand is any better. As for lamps he played in torres a few times and was ok. not great but better than a lot of others in that team. I would have played lampard in that game as well. even though its clear a 4-2-3-1 doesn't exactly suit him. For me it comes down to rafa not doing anything til the 72nd min when the world and his wife saw a problem since the start of the second half. Also no oscar til late. Then rb for rb and marin is given just 6 mins? He is a 7 mil bench warmer.

JT AND DROGBA!!! LEGENDS. OH HOW I WISH THEY WERE IN THIS TEAM.

We have to look beyond Cole now. Lampard played just one good through ball to Torres, other than that he was always caught wanting. I mean he was invisible in the last few minutes. May be the fact he is returning after an injury made him play bad but he was utter shite and so was Moses. He can't cross and has kept on giving away possession like he was playing some practice match. On top of it, there was no desire from anyone except Luiz. So don't just start pointing fingers at Rafa at every slip up. Players should be blamed for today's loss and it includes the whole team and not just Torres.

Lets be honest here. No one other than the most naive of people thinks signing a great striker will solve all our problems but however we would have scored today and would be in extra time right now. Also we need someone that the rest of the team can feed off and can create something for himself.

Commentator said shortly after torres' miss, "he is still trying"... I would fucking hope so for 175k a week.

From now on, we must all refer to Torres as a "she", ok? Good.

She honestly played like the biggest pussy I've ever seen today, and that shot she missed right infront of the goal... worse than the Manchester United miss by far in my opinion.

Her lack of movement totally pissed me off today as well.

However, with that said - I can only put 95% of the blame on Torres. I have to unfortunately put 5% of the blame on Hazard. His butt cheeks were probably mesmerizing Fernando and made Mrs. Torres hot, horny and wet, thus creating concentration lapses in the mind of our blonde whore.

The drippings from her vagina is also the reason why she slips so much I assume. With that wetness at her feet, it must be hard running on an already partially slippery surface, dampened by the tears which fall from her eyes every time someone touches her, forcing that ever-present tampon slightly further up her vagina.