Fernando Torres

Really didn't think he was that bad. Made some chances for himself, forced the keeper to make some saves, did well in the air and got an assist.

He's not the world-class performer we probably need but in his second game back from injury he put in a creditable performance.

Had an okay game today, should have scored but unlike what some people think he didn't miss those chances. First of all fair play to him for chasing down the keeper into making a mistake and if you see the right angle of the replays, the keeper actually saves it.as for the second chance with Hazards rabona he headed the ball but it was blocked by the back of the defenders head. Yes he could have attacked it....but what if he wouldnt have had made as good contact. Cant wait till we get a proper striker though to make and score more chances than any of our current strikers

He did a decent job for us today, I felt. Very unfortunate not to have scored. Led the line well - might have scored two goals on another day. Lovely assist, decent link-up play. 9 goals and 4 assists in 17 starts, I'll take that.

I was fuming when in the first half he forced Stekelenburg into that mistake and fought out a good opportunity for us, but instead of squaring it to an open teammate for an easy finish, he decided for a moment he was the lethal confident Torres of old and shot himself at a tight angle, which he of course missed (well it got saved but that's what you expect at that angle). Sure he can score every now and then or even put in a good shift, but this guy is just not worth it... just isn't. I know I have ranted about him a lot in the past and have been on a bit of hiatus for a while, but it's high time I vented again.

Okay game, but ZERO goals, missing easy chances. He's just a disastrously poor player and he hurts us, especially in the PL.

Look at that. It's the sort of stuff Diego Costa gobbles up easily. The sort of stuff any decent striker would score from. When your teammate is good enough to do something like that, the least you can do is return the favour.

Okay game, but ZERO goals, missing easy chances. He's just a disastrously poor player and he hurts us, especially in the PL.

Look at that. It's the sort of stuff Diego Costa gobbles up easily. The sort of stuff any decent striker would score from. When your teammate is good enough to do something like that, the least you can do is return the favour.

If our defender had blocked the ball like that it would be regarded as great. If a defender blocks the ball then no striker would have definitely scored

I don't know if this article has been posted on this Torres thread, but it sheds some light on what REALLY happened to Nando. Of course it doesn't explain why he inexplicably misses open goals, but it explains why he no longer strikes fear in the hearts of opposition defenders.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9088027/what-went-wrong

he's still pretty good when he has lot of space to run into. he has 13 goals in his last 17 European games. that's like a proper striker stat and looking back, goals against Rubin, Schalke, Gala, everywhere he's had loads of space to run beyond the defenders

he's still pretty good when he has lot of space to run into. he has 13 goals in his last 17 European games. that's like a proper striker stat and looking back, goals against Rubin, Schalke, Gala, everywhere he's had loads of space to run beyond the defenders

Any striker or player for that matter, would look good if they have lots of space to play and operate with. Seriously, if Torres only performs when he gets space from the opposition, we would be better off just having a poacher like Hernandez, Gomez etc. And let's not even forget that Mourinho was berating Torres in that first half from the touchline yesterday. Clearly wasn't happy at all with what he was doing.