Fernando Torres

FT9 is still here cos of FFP (contrary to popular belief). its easier said that "get him off the wage bill" as he would make room plus we "can use his transfer funds for another striker" but the reality is absolutely different.

when we amortize FT's transfer fee (50mil) over his contract (5.5 years) it comes close to 9 mil per season. Plus lets say his wages are 10 mil.

hence for the whole 2013-14 season FT costed us 19mil.

if suppose FT was sold in this summer (2013 summer). then he balance value (27 million for the left 3 years of his contract would have been charged on us thru FFP). plus suppose we sold him for 10mil. hence incurring a loss of 17mil, and also losing a striker. now if we had bought someone for 30mil at 6mil wages, he would have costed us another 12mil for this season, hence bringing the total cost of one striker upto close to 30mil for one season compared to the 19 mil torres is costing us for the season.

now, if we sell him in 2014 summer, he would cost us 18mil. again lets say he was sold for 10mil,hence a loss of 8mil. plus suppose we buy costa/mandzukic for 30mil at 6/7mil per year wages, then the total account for one striker comes upto be 8+6+6=20mil, compared to the 19mil he will cost us next season.

hence, let us give our board a little respect and benefit of doubt or atleast not ridicule them for what they are doing.

Not true the remaining value of the fee is cleared once someone is sold

Not true the remaining value of the fee is cleared once someone is sold

i know. and i have included the remaining value if u read carefully, infact i have even explained it

then his balance value (27 million for the left 3 years of his contract would have been charged on us thru FFP)

I'm not entirely sure after seeing the last few pages of this thread...If you disregard the fact that the fellow who played up front for us against Fulham had the name Torres, almost everyone would say he had a decent performance for a forward, challenging the keeper, getting shots on target and providing an assist. Not comment after comment about how he should take the next flight back to Spain.

Yes because he did decent.. If he does good for Chelsea he will get more positive feedback, this is what I am saying.

Maybe we would if his attitude was a bit better. We are talking about a guy who sulked after we made him a CL winner, walked down the tunnel after getting subbed off and admitted to not caring about results.

If he like Sheva accepted he has been shit for us and got on with it, then most people would lay off him a bit, instead off gobbing off to the media about how he didn't care if we lose.

Look at Ash for example, he hasn't played for weeks yet still celebrated the winner vs Everton like the supporters, the didn't care comments were unforgivable.

Thats true. His attitude/sulking wasn't good for the team, however, when your in his shoes, I wouldn't expect much from any other player...

Going from alpha male to a benchwarmer isnt the easiest transition to make...

However, after a few seasons, Torres has understood his role and been a model citizen for us.

Just think to yourself. Imagine you are the top striker in the world, where you could do anything and everything to any defender and all of that is gone. Can you imagine the psychological damage Torres must of gotten from this knowing that these days were over. I don't accept his attitude from prior seasons, however, the amount of hate Torres gets now is really useless and futile (similar to the Mata situation).

Please I know it's dailymail... But man, it's a too big dream to not hope for.

Inter Milan are plotting a summer move for Fernando Torres and have the funds to pay the £20million fee Chelsea will demand for the striker who holds the British transfer record.

Torres has just over two years left on the £150,000-a-week deal he signed three years ago when he arrived from Liverpool for £50m and has been left in no doubt that Jose Mourinho will prioritise a big-money replacement.

They've more or less rapped up the deal for Chicharito from utd, and they already have Icardi and Palacio. Why would they still want Torres? It sounds very unlikely.

They've more or less rapped up the deal for Chicharito from utd, and they already have Icardi and Palacio. Why would they still want Torres? It sounds very unlikely.

It does but... New owner with more money than brain, you never know. Palacio could very well be done for at Inter, too old and it's doubtful if Icardi will ever come real good. If there's anything I've learnt from Serie A it's that the teams can pretty much swap, loan and buy a whole new team every season if they please.

...the Asian market. It's that simple. Now just stop being so pessimistic and PRAY THEY WANT THE ASIAN MARKET! I BEG YOU! :(

It's the only hope we have!

P.S. When it comes to stories about selling Torres, being pessimistic should be an INSTA-BAN.